Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Mets Interested In Cody Ross

The Mets could target free agent OF Cody Ross this winter, according to Mike Puma of the New York Post.

“The Mets have a glaring need for outfield help, and multiple baseball officials yesterday pointed to Cody Ross as a possible free-agent target for the team,” writes Puma.

Ross, who will be 32 on Opening Day, hit .267 with a .326 OBP, 22 home runs and 81 RBI with 129 strikeouts in 476 at-bats this past season with Red Sox. He just completed a one-year, $3 million contract he signed with Boston before the 2012 season.

Before Ross signed with the Red Sox this past January, Jerry Crasnick of ESPN said the Mets were interesting in signing him, although Adam Rubin of ESPN New York later said the Mets didn’t want to spend more than $1 million to secure his services.

Last month, Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe said the Red Sox are interested in signing OF Cody Ross to a multi-year deal, although according to WEEI’s Rob Bradford, Ross and the Red Sox were not close to coming to terms on a new deal during the exclusive negotiating period last week.

Cafardo says Ross could be interested in signing with a team out west, although he says the Yankees, Phillies and Braves could be “major players” for Ross’ services this winter.
    http://metsblog.com/

Eh, not great but he wouldn't hurt. Hopefully this shows that the Mets have some money to spend. If so please sign Melky, him and Ross would be 10-11 mil combined.
    For the best sports gifs and memes visit
    http://aviewfromthebleachers.tumblr.com/

vCash
    I'd be concerned if they weren't interested.

What gets me are these useless Metsblog posts that continue to tout "Tori Hunter is a free agent; Mets need OF help".

I'm waiting for the "Josh Hamiliton is a free agent, and the Mets need a CF" post.

Ross will likely command a 2-3 year deal with an annual salary of $6-8M. Not happening.

Next.

www.DailyStache.net You Gotta Believe
    R.I.P UAPeople

vCash
    Not gonna happen, read the first comment on that post in MetsBlog... It's spot-on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsLegacy View Post
    I'd be concerned if they weren't interested.

What gets me are these useless Metsblog posts that continue to tout "Tori Hunter is a free agent; Mets need OF help".

I'm waiting for the "Josh Hamiliton is a free agent, and the Mets need a CF" post.

Ross will likely command a 2-3 year deal with an annual salary of $6-8M. Not happening.

Next.
    This..

vCash
    The Mets need to realize being interested in a guy doesn't consist of insulting him by offering 1yr/2 million dollar deals when they come off a good season.

They need to stop acting like they are in the market for anything but scrap heap guys.

The Mets are "interested" in this player, "interested" in that player, the truth is the Mets are "interested" in nothing this offseason.

vCash

Mets Interested In Cody Ross

The problem is that Sandy still thinks is 1990 and offering a guy a million bucks is top of the line deal.

vCash
    Reading the comments, it seems like there are a lot knowledgeable Mets fan there and they don't like the FO. Nice

Hopefully the Mets move Wright and blow this up.

vCash
    http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/ml...n-for-the-mets

Ross is reportedly looking for a Josh Willingham-type contract, and the Mets would be a better option to meet those demands if they find a suitable trade for R.A. Dickey or David Wright.
    Count the Mets out..
    Last edited by metswon69; 11-04-2012 at 02:27 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic_Canon View Post
    Reading the comments, it seems like there are a lot knowledgeable Mets fan there and they don't like the FO. Nice

Hopefully the Mets move Wright and blow this up.
    Hopefully they don't move Wright, and just go after free agents in 2014.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Hopefully they don't move Wright, and just go after free agents in 2014.
    We'll agree to disagree, I'm sure we would both move Dickey if we can't get an extension.

vCash
    This only reaffirms my belief that the Mets are re-signing Andres Torres.

That's how poor we are.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic_Canon View Post
    We'll agree to disagree, I'm sure we would both move Dickey if we can't get an extension.
    Deal Dickey, not Wright.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    The problem is that Sandy still thinks is 1990 and offering a guy a million bucks is top of the line deal.
    funny thing is, Oliver Perez just signed for more money than Sandy is probably willing to spend on a decent player...

http://metsmerizedonline.com/2012/11...-5mm-deal.html

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vintage View Post
    This only reaffirms my belief that the Mets are re-signing Andres Torres.

That's how poor we are.
    Please no. is there anyone else we can get instead of Torres?
    Juan Pierre, Endy Chavez, Ryan Thompson, even Lenny Dykstra would play for the league minimum these days.

vCash
    I would be very pleased if they did sign him, but that wouldn't happen. Expect a power hitting minor leaguer who's on the scrap heap, maybe like Fernando Tatis was.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast