Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 18 of 70 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Oh I agree. That was by far one of the worst games I've ever seen. But since it was my first NFL game, and the seats were pretty good, I can't say I had a bad time.

Hoping that McElroy becomes the next great player and I can say I saw his first real appearance.

vCash
    Anybody else watching the Grinch in five minutes?

vCash
    The hockey strike could be over soon..

Please get a deal done ray:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFanatic19 View Post
    Oh I agree. That was by far one of the worst games I've ever seen. But since it was my first NFL game, and the seats were pretty good, I can't say I had a bad time.

Hoping that McElroy becomes the next great player and I can say I saw his first real appearance.
    McElroy will never be great. Not with that arm. Or lack of it.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    McElroy will never be great. Not with that arm. Or lack of it.
    THANK YOU. People don't seem to understand that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    Yeah.

What's frustrating is that they have the QB they need in Mark Sanchez. The problem with Sanchez is that the organization ruined him because, well, there's no organization.

There's no coaching staff, there's no system. They've basically stripped Sanchez of everything he needs to succeed short of actually amputating his limbs. But hell, they might as well do that too while they're at it.

Oddly enough, McElroy is actually the better choice right now because while he lacks the tools -- unlike Sanchez -- to be a successful QB, he knows how to manage the ball much better than Sanchez.

But just knowing how to manage the ball will only get you so far in the NFL.

The answer is to hold on to Sanchez, especially since they're commited to him financially, and bring in a whole new coaching staff that can establish a system under which Sanchez can thrive. But until then, they might as well start McElroy.

Hell, they can't even get that right.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    I know he'll be average at best, but it would be pretty could if he does somehow become really good, so I can say I saw his first win.

vCash
    When the team's best receiver is Jeremy Kerley, how can you expect Sanchez to be as successful as he was in his firts two seasons. Although his last game was pathetic, I think he could be a good fit for a team with a good surrounding cast.

Pete Carroll nailed it when he said Sanchez left USC too early. He wasn't fully ready, everybody knew it. But who knows what might've happened if he did stay in college 1 more year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metsfanatic19 View Post
    w

pete carroll nailed it when he said sanchez left usc too early. He wasn't fully ready, everybody knew it. But who knows what might've happened if he did stay in college 1 more year.

+1
    Scarecrow: I haven't got a brain... only straw.
    Dorothy: How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
    Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
    Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

vCash
    Yeah.

What's frustrating is that they have the QB they need in Mark Sanchez. The problem with Sanchez is that the organization ruined him because, well, there's no organization.

There's no coaching staff, there's no system. They've basically stripped Sanchez of everything he needs to succeed short of actually amputating his limbs. But hell, they might as well do that too while they're at it.

Oddly enough, McElroy is actually the better choice right now because while he lacks the tools -- unlike Sanchez -- to be a successful QB, he knows how to manage the ball much better than Sanchez.

But just knowing how to manage the ball will only get you so far in the NFL.

The answer is to hold on to Sanchez, especially since they're commited to him financially, and bring in a whole new coaching staff that can establish a system under which Sanchez can thrive. But until then, they might as well start McElroy.

Hell, they can't even get that right.
    This.

vCash
    Tannenbaum is the real guy that needs to go here.

He is a cap guy predominantly and although he had some decent years with personnel in the beginning it's not his strong suit.

I look for him to be reassigned into a different role in the organization after this year is up.

The Jets really need to look into a more experienced GM who knows talent.

Rex Ryan although a blowhard and an idiot, still knows defense, and i wouldn't mind him staying another year (he also doesn't need as much say in personnel and draft decisions)

The Jets really need to find a starting QB though, i still have zero faith in Sanchez either way.

When the Jets get a real QB they will eventually compete again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Tannenbaum is the real guy that needs to go here.

He is a cap guy predominantly and although he had some decent years with personnel in the beginning it's not his strong suit.

I look for him to be reassigned into a different role in the organization after this year is up.

The Jets really need to look into a more experienced GM who knows talent.

Rex Ryan although a blowhard and an idiot, still knows defense, and i wouldn't mind him staying another year (he also doesn't need as much say in personnel and draft decisions)

The Jets really need to find a starting QB though, i still have zero faith in Sanchez either way.

When the Jets get a real QB they will eventually compete again.
    Ryan puts showmanship ahead of running the team. He's part of the problem. The entire staff must go, starting with Mr T of course.

vCash
    Ryan puts showmanship ahead of running the team. He's part of the problem. The entire staff must go, starting with Mr T of course.
    That's true and he does keep harking on 2009 and 2010 quite a bit like if that means anything now but i still think Rex could be that type of successful again if they had a better GM running the ship.

With that extra year of guaranteed money given to Sanchez it might be hard for him to do that.

Saying that, Sanchez has provided success when there is a better team around him.

vCash
    Either way next year will be tough again given their cap situation, i don't know if any new head coach or GM can fix these problems in a year.

This is a long term process with this team especially on the offensive side of the ball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    That's true and he does keep harking on 2009 and 2010 quite a bit like if that means anything now but i still think Rex could be that type of successful again if they had a better GM running the ship.

With that extra year of guaranteed money given to Sanchez it might be hard for him to do that.

Saying that, Sanchez has provided success when there is a better team around him.
    Sanchez can be a good NFL QB if given something to work with. I've seen it already. But the team f'd with his head too many times.

I liked Rex but enough's enough. This team needs to start clean. You can't bring in a new GM to bring in a new system while keeping the old coach. Makes no sense.

Besides, Rex hardly won any brownie points the last few years any. Get rid of him. Get rid of everyone associated with the Jets coaching staff and front office.

Clean slate.

Page 18 of 70 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast