Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast
Results 676 to 690 of 743
  1. #676
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Lincoln, CA
    Posts
    8,475
    vCash
    1500
    This thread needs to die. SFG should unsticky it. There's no way we make any trades amidst all this sale/moving to Seattle non-sense going on.

    Re-sticky the Off-Topic thread SFG...... You know you wanna......

  2. #677
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    The Pharcyde of the Moon
    Posts
    10,676
    vCash
    4500
    Hey guys Raptor fan here. Just wondering if you guys would be open for doing any of these trades

    Valanciunas for Cousins?

    or

    Terrence Ross for Cousins?

    Ross would be a good starting piece for the Seattle franchise seeing as he played college ball up there and Valanciunas gives you a replacement at C on another rookie scale. No need for bashing, just want to get an opinion.
    Raptors Franchise Checklist:
    Rebuild with young players [x]
    Build contending team [ ]
    Host NBA All-Star Weekend [ ]
    Win Championship [ ]

  3. #678
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,655
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by gwrighter View Post
    Hey guys Raptor fan here. Just wondering if you guys would be open for doing any of these trades

    Valanciunas for Cousins?

    or

    Terrence Ross for Cousins?

    Ross would be a good starting piece for the Seattle franchise seeing as he played college ball up there and Valanciunas gives you a replacement at C on another rookie scale. No need for bashing, just want to get an opinion.
    If I was the Kings GM and the Raptors GM called me up and suggested those 2 trades I would respond, "I will get back to you later" and then I would never return the call.

    Yes, we will trade for all local players because that always works out well. Good thing we got Chuck Hayes the area local product. Now we can showcase him and bring all the fans to the game.
    Last edited by Plague; 02-03-2013 at 03:31 PM.

  4. #679
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Lincoln, CA
    Posts
    8,475
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by gwrighter View Post
    Hey guys Raptor fan here. Just wondering if you guys would be open for doing any of these trades

    Valanciunas for Cousins?

    or

    Terrence Ross for Cousins?

    Ross would be a good starting piece for the Seattle franchise seeing as he played college ball up there and Valanciunas gives you a replacement at C on another rookie scale. No need for bashing, just want to get an opinion.
    I'm trying to be as polite as possible, I swear, but that's the most ******** trade proposal I've seen in a great while. Probably since we had that insane wave of Piston fans in here last season.

  5. #680
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    The Pharcyde of the Moon
    Posts
    10,676
    vCash
    4500
    Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    If I was the Kings GM and the Raptors GM called me up and suggested those 2 trades I would respond, "I will get back to you later" and then I would never return the call.

    Yes, we will trade for all local players because that always works out well. Good thing we got Chuck Hayes the area local product. Now we can showcase him and bring all the fans to the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZebraCity916 View Post
    I'm trying to be as polite as possible, I swear, but that's the most ******** trade proposal I've seen in a great while. Probably since we had that insane wave of Piston fans in here last season.
    I'm just going to assume that you guys haven't watched either of them play more than once or twice. It's not like you have that many trade chips. & Cousins isn't getting you anywhere anyways.
    Raptors Franchise Checklist:
    Rebuild with young players [x]
    Build contending team [ ]
    Host NBA All-Star Weekend [ ]
    Win Championship [ ]

  6. #681
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    916
    Posts
    3,827
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by gwrighter View Post
    I'm just going to assume that you guys haven't watched either of them play more than once or twice. It's not like you have that many trade chips. & Cousins isn't getting you anywhere anyways.
    Granted that Cousins hasn't led us to the playoffs, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say that we still wouldn't be in the playoffs if we had Valanciunad or Ross. I'll stick with Cousins since he is more talented than the other two.

  7. #682
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Lincoln, CA
    Posts
    8,475
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by gwrighter View Post
    I'm just going to assume that you guys haven't watched either of them play more than once or twice. It's not like you have that many trade chips. & Cousins isn't getting you anywhere anyways.
    I've heard of Ross, but couldn't tell you what position he plays. I've never heard of the other guy you mentioned. Goning off his name alone, I'm going to say he's a bigman. Sounds like like a name of a center.

    Also, don't have to see either of them play to know that both of those trade proposals are ridiculous. Cousins has the most potential outta any other player in the league and will be the #1 center next season. Magic Johnson said he's the most talented player in the league. That's saying something.

  8. #683
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,655
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by gwrighter View Post
    I'm just going to assume that you guys haven't watched either of them play more than once or twice. It's not like you have that many trade chips. & Cousins isn't getting you anywhere anyways.

    What does trade chips have to do with anything? Your offering us players who have never performed for a player who in his 3 NBA years has averaged 16 Pts and 10 Reb's a game. The Raptors is the team without any trade chips worth offering. Your offering 1 of 2 players who combined is not putting up the production that Cousins is posting, and the Raptors have the same record as the Kings. When either of those players can show some worthwhile production then we can consider trading a productive player for a productive player.

    You should trade us Bargnani for Chuck Hayes because Bargnani is not getting you anywhere anyways.
    Last edited by Plague; 02-04-2013 at 03:45 AM.

  9. #684
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    6,164
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by gwrighter View Post
    Hey guys Raptor fan here. Just wondering if you guys would be open for doing any of these trades

    Valanciunas for Cousins?

    or

    Terrence Ross for Cousins?

    Ross would be a good starting piece for the Seattle franchise seeing as he played college ball up there and Valanciunas gives you a replacement at C on another rookie scale. No need for bashing, just want to get an opinion.
    Cousins is better than Ross and Valanciunas together!

    There is no way on God's green earth that Sacramento would make those trades. Ross and Val aren't franchise type players. Cousins is a franchise type guy. The only thing that is killing him is poor leadership, and that's starting from the very top.

    How about giving the Kings DeRozan for Honeycutt.... you guys aren't winning titles with DeRozan, so might as well.
    Last edited by iMac; 02-04-2013 at 04:06 AM.

  10. #685
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    The Pharcyde of the Moon
    Posts
    10,676
    vCash
    4500
    Quote Originally Posted by iMac View Post
    Cousins is better than Ross and Valanciunas together!

    There is no way on God's green earth that Sacramento would make those trades. Ross and Val aren't franchise type players. Cousins is a franchise type guy. The only thing that is killing him is poor leadership, and that's starting from the very top.

    How about giving the Kings DeRozan for Honeycutt.... you guys aren't winning titles with DeRozan, so might as well.
    Ross is already one of the top 50 defenders in the league. just youtube some of his stuff he has all the tools to be a franchise guy. He needs to start and needs PT. What are the chances of Cousins signing long term in Seattle with the state of the franchise?

    Seattle needs to rebuild again, Cousins will keep them in perpetual mediocrity. Too good to land any top tier talent in the lottery, yet too bad to contend for playoffs. Add in his off court issues and he's probably not the greatest option to have as a franchise staple for the long term.

    If you make a trade for one of the guys I mentioned you get a high potential lottery pick(both top 10) with 3 years left on a rookie scale.

    There aren't many options moving forward. Unless Boogie signs an extension deal this halloween you're going to overpay, or he's leaving.

    Seattle/Sac are going to rebuild. The longer they wait to trade Cousins the less they are going to get back for him. That's why the Raps gave up Ed Davis sooner rather than later.
    Raptors Franchise Checklist:
    Rebuild with young players [x]
    Build contending team [ ]
    Host NBA All-Star Weekend [ ]
    Win Championship [ ]

  11. #686
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    The Pharcyde of the Moon
    Posts
    10,676
    vCash
    4500
    Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    What does trade chips have to do with anything? Your offering us players who have never performed for a player who in his 3 NBA years has averaged 16 Pts and 10 Reb's a game. The Raptors is the team without any trade chips worth offering. Your offering 1 of 2 players who combined is not putting up the production that Cousins is posting, and the Raptors have the same record as the Kings. When either of those players can show some worthwhile production then we can consider trading a productive player for a productive player.

    You should trade us Bargnani for Chuck Hayes because Bargnani is not getting you anywhere anyways.
    You're thinking so short sighted. What are the options the Kings have at this point? You don't have any time to wait and see what will happen. Cousins will expire next season and then he'll either be gone or handicap your franchise financially.

    Lol you don't think we have trade chips? San Antonio offered us Tony Parker for Valanciunas. Memphis wanted Terrence Ross for Rudy Gay but we said no have Ed Davis instead and they STILL went for it. We have WAY more trade chips than you guys do.

    You're trade chips: Cousins, Thomas Robinson, Jason Thompson & draft picks. that's it.

    & yah Bargnani isn't getting us anywhere, that's why we want to trade him lol.
    Raptors Franchise Checklist:
    Rebuild with young players [x]
    Build contending team [ ]
    Host NBA All-Star Weekend [ ]
    Win Championship [ ]

  12. #687
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,012
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by gwrighter View Post
    You're thinking so short sighted. What are the options the Kings have at this point? You don't have any time to wait and see what will happen. Cousins will expire next season and then he'll either be gone or handicap your franchise financially.

    Lol you don't think we have trade chips? San Antonio offered us Tony Parker for Valanciunas. Memphis wanted Terrence Ross for Rudy Gay but we said no have Ed Davis instead and they STILL went for it. We have WAY more trade chips than you guys do.

    You're trade chips: Cousins, Thomas Robinson, Jason Thompson & draft picks. that's it.

    & yah Bargnani isn't getting us anywhere, that's why we want to trade him lol.
    Dude just go away. We don't like your trade, deal with it. "No" means "no", don't you get it?

  13. #688
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,012
    vCash
    1500
    @gwrighter

    Why do you want Boogie? You mentioned his off court issues, the fact that hes contract is up and will deamnd money. You want him to screw Raptors?xD

  14. #689
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    The Pharcyde of the Moon
    Posts
    10,676
    vCash
    4500
    Quote Originally Posted by GoferKing_ View Post
    @gwrighter

    Why do you want Boogie? You mentioned his off court issues, the fact that hes contract is up and will deamnd money. You want him to screw Raptors?xD
    Raps need low post scoring & have owners that are willing to spend for the right piece. Cousins won't be "the guy" on the Raps and we have other players that command enough respect to keep him in check.
    Raptors Franchise Checklist:
    Rebuild with young players [x]
    Build contending team [ ]
    Host NBA All-Star Weekend [ ]
    Win Championship [ ]

  15. #690
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,655
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by gwrighter View Post
    You're thinking so short sighted. What are the options the Kings have at this point? You don't have any time to wait and see what will happen. Cousins will expire next season and then he'll either be gone or handicap your franchise financially.

    Lol you don't think we have trade chips? San Antonio offered us Tony Parker for Valanciunas. Memphis wanted Terrence Ross for Rudy Gay but we said no have Ed Davis instead and they STILL went for it. We have WAY more trade chips than you guys do.

    You're trade chips: Cousins, Thomas Robinson, Jason Thompson & draft picks. that's it.

    & yah Bargnani isn't getting us anywhere, that's why we want to trade him lol.
    Everyone knows that Memphis is in salary dump mode. There is not many teams that could trade for Rudy Gay's contract, improve their team, and make the trade within the salary cap restrictions. Toronto was one of the few options and because Memphis did not want to take on salary they needed a third team to get involved. Its not so much that Memphis wanted Ed Davis as that was the best offer the Grizzlies could get for Gay.

    For whatever reason Jimmer has been a player other teams have coveted. Isiah Thomas would also be a sought after player.

    First-if the team moves to Seattle I could care less what the team does because I don't expect to follow the Kings to Seattle.

    Second-If the Kings do stay in Sacramento Kevin Johnson has said he is not interested in pursuing new ownership that is not willing to spend money to make the Kings compete, so signing Cousins long term because of finances is not a issue. Cousins will be a restricted free agent and the Kings can match any offer.

    No one is interested in Ross or Valanciunas for Cousins. Everyone including the Kings ownership knows that is a bad trade. Its not going to happen. Don't come on here and tell us all the negatives of why on why we should trade Cousins at the same time you want to trade for him, that only works on 10 year old kids. If the Kings do decide to trade Cousins they will get more than what you are offering.
    Last edited by Plague; 02-04-2013 at 04:42 PM.

Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •