Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent008 View Post
    Since you're saying after Dec 15, are you thinking that we're going to move Brooks?
    The DEC 15 deadline is not just about us moving a player who was signed as a free agent this season, its also about us trading for a player who may have been signed DEC 15. Dec 15th opens up a lot more trade options...

I think most likely either Thomas or Jimmer gets traded. I think the Kings would prefer to keep Jimmer but he also brings more value back. I also would not be surprised if Brooks is the player traded as his value is probably the highest of the 3. I am just saying 1 of those 3 will probably be gone in the next 4 to 8 weeks.

vCash
    Thorton is a little undersized, it would not bother me one bit to trade him if we got quality in return.. We need more players with NBA bodies that fit their positions.

Evans is a restricted free agent at the end of the season. We have already passed the deadline to sign him this season. I like Evans size and his ability to handle the ball but if the right deal came along I would be ok with it.

I am to the point now where no one and I include Cousins is untouchable. We have a team full of square pegs and a bunch of round holes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    Thorton is a little undersized, it would not bother me one bit to trade him if we got quality in return.. We need more players with NBA bodies that fit their positions.

Evans is a restricted free agent at the end of the season. We have already passed the deadline to sign him this season. I like Evans size and his ability to handle the ball but if the right deal came along I would be ok with it.

I am to the point now where no one and I include Cousins is untouchable. We have a team full of square pegs and a bunch of round holes.
    Boogie is still untouchable. And how do we trade Evans when he's playing so damn well?? The only way I would do that would be for someone significantly better. Since that ain't happening, he's off limits too.

Just my opinion.

vCash
    I would agree that nobody on our roster is untouchable if the right deal came along. However, I really doubt that we could get a fair return for Boogie, so he may be essentially untouchable.

vCash
    Maybe a trade is in the works:

Sam Amico: Kings are very open to moving some of their nice young pieces. Willing trade partner with assets. Twitter @SamAmicoFSO

Here's another article in which Bobby Jackson suggests trading one of our PGs:

http://www.bleedblackandpurple.com/2...ade-could.html

vCash
    What about this trade with Charlotte:

Thornton, Outlaw, and one of our PGs for Ramon Sessions, Jeffrey Taylor, DeSagana Diop, and a second round pick.

Sessions would be an upgrade at the point. He's a better passer and a better defender than anyone that we have right now.

Jeffrey Taylor is still a rookie, but I think that he can be a great fit at SF down the road. He's already starting for Charlotte at SG, but he has the size to play SF. He's a good defender and he can hit the three.

Diop is a big body who can block some shots and rebound. More importantly, he's a big expiring contract. We would have more flexibility going into the off-season.
    Don't they have Ben Gordon? I doubt they'd want to get rid of Sessions for another streaky shooter (albeit one that's better than Gordon). I really haven't followed them at all though. Is Sessions starting anymore?
    2014 Adopt-a-Packer: Micah Hyde

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JLynn943 View Post
    Don't they have Ben Gordon? I doubt they'd want to get rid of Sessions for another streaky shooter (albeit one that's better than Gordon). I really haven't followed them at all though. Is Sessions starting anymore?
    Nah, Walker starts and Sessions comes off the bench. Taylor starts at SG for them, but Thornton would be an improvement. Plus, giving up one of our PGs would give them an adequate back-up for Walker. Basically they would be getting an upgrade at SG and a downgrade at back-up PG.

vCash
    What do we really need at this point? Tyreke at the 1, thornton at the 2, salmons at the 3, j.t. at the 4, and cuz at the 5. We play brooks and i.t. with tyreke as a switching guard. I think that has to change. So I think we maybe in need of a big 2 guard that can start with tyreke and to leave thornton on the bench. We have to also help on d' for our small guards. Then we give up easy baskets after a couple passes. That's the worst part of this team. We can't keep running with 3 undersized guards. Even if we get another good sized 1, I'ld be happy with that. Our bigs aren't our biggest problem. I don't even think it's our 3s even as bad as it gets when salmons is out of the game. If we could fix one guard and the back up 3; we would be in really good shape. I can't be any stronger against my hate for our help d' because of our little tiny guards.

vCash
    A lot of people are talking about trading thornton. Please look at the d' that he gives compared to jimmer, I.t., and brooks. He doesn't need help defensively. I hate giving layups to the other team just becuase our team needs to help out our guards. He is a good shooter when you need to make a shot, that plays pretty good d'. Please for the love of my team think of some one else to trade.

vCash
    What about this trade with Charlotte:

Thornton, Outlaw, and one of our PGs for Ramon Sessions, Jeffrey Taylor, DeSagana Diop, and a second round pick.

Sessions would be an upgrade at the point. He's a better passer and a better defender than anyone that we have right now.

Jeffrey Taylor is still a rookie, but I think that he can be a great fit at SF down the road. He's already starting for Charlotte at SG, but he has the size to play SF. He's a good defender and he can hit the three.

Diop is a big body who can block some shots and rebound. More importantly, he's a big expiring contract. We would have more flexibility going into the off-season.
    This is a trade that gets us nowhere. Sessions isn't good enough to make any difference.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZebraCity916 View Post
    Boogie is still untouchable. And how do we trade Evans when he's playing so damn well?? The only way I would do that would be for someone significantly better. Since that ain't happening, he's off limits too.

Just my opinion.
    I think we have to take into consideration that Evans is a restricted free agent next season. You never know whats going to happen in free agency. If the deal is right I would consider trading Tyreke. We could end up getting a lot less in the off season. Remember what happen with Jeremy Lin? The Knicks said they were going to match any offer. Something unexpected happen and they got nothing for him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    I think we have to take into consideration that Evans is a restricted free agent next season. You never know whats going to happen in free agency. If the deal is right I would consider trading Tyreke. We could end up getting a lot less in the off season. Remember what happen with Jeremy Lin? The Knicks said they were going to match any offer. Something unexpected happen and they got nothing for him.
    There's no way we let him walk for nothing. Can't afford it. If anything, we sign and trade him.

Sign and trade would suck, cause there's no way we get back for value for him.

vCash
    I don't know our contrat with brooks. From what I heard he has an option for next year and he is playing better then the dollar amount on it? So he would opt out cor more money? If that's true does he need to be traded?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sneak View Post
    I don't know our contrat with brooks. From what I heard he has an option for next year and he is playing better then the dollar amount on it? So he would opt out cor more money? If that's true does he need to be traded?
    3.4 million dollar contract with a player option.

vCash
    Trading Brooks would be flat out dumb. He's our best PG at this point. His defense is better than Thomas/Jimmer and he can put the rock in the basket. 3.4 million is a pretty good deal for the Kings. Hopefully he picks it up.

Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast