Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 5ass View Post
    Tyreke and Hayes for Aaron Afflalo and Gustavo Ayon (replaces Hayes for only 1.5 mill per year). Would that work?
    That's tough, because I don't necessarily want to give up on Tyreke. I've given him a lot of $h!t due to his lack of consistency, but Aaron Afflalo is a very good defender who can shoot the 3!

If I could counter that I would be more comfortable with...

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=czla6qw

Magic acquire: Hayes, Thornton, 2nd round pick
    Kings acquire: Afflalo, O'Quinn (trade exception from Dwight)

O'Quinn, I believe has the potential to be a Hayes type player. He's someone that is tough on the block and he rebounds. Personally I like this trade better, but to each his own.
    Last edited by iMac; 12-07-2012 at 05:09 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iMac View Post
    That's tough, because I don't necessarily want to give up on Tyreke. I've given him a lot of $h!t due to his lack of consistency, but Aaron Afflalo is a very good defender who can shoot the 3!

If I could counter that I would be more comfortable with...

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=czla6qw

Magic acquire: Hayes, Thornton, 2nd round pick
    Kings acquire: Afflalo, O'Quinn (trade exception from Dwight)

O'Quinn, I believe has the potential to be a Hayes type player. He's someone that is tough on the block and he rebounds. Personally I like this trade better, but to each his own.
    I would rather give up Reke instead of Thornton.

The deal breaker for me is Hayes. Why's everyone wanting to trade him for players who are unproven??

He's one of our true vets. His game is on point this season. He may be our best defender, great mentor for our bigs, and he's a team captain.

O'Quinn?? Ayon?? Who??

What the hell is everyone thinking?? Are we trying to get worse??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZebraCity916 View Post
    I would rather give up Reke instead of Thornton.

The deal breaker for me is Hayes. Why's everyone wanting to trade him for players who are unproven??

He's one of our true vets. His game is on point this season. He may be our best defender, great mentor for our bigs, and he's a team captain.

O'Quinn?? Ayon?? Who??

What the hell is everyone thinking?? Are we trying to get worse??
    Tyreke Evans is a better player than Thornton. I've said it ever since the Kings acquired Thornton... he's nothing more than a 6th man.

Afflalo > Thornton (too streaky to be anything but a 6th man)
    O'Quinn < Hayes (O'Quinn gives us a big body in return)

It makes the trade work due to the balance. An Afflalo for Thornton deal wouldn't be balanced, Hayes would get deal done. I think its fair and works for both teams. Hayes may be the Kings best post defender, but Thomas Robinson could easily surpass the production of Hayes with the given time.

You don't know who O'Quinn is because you probably don't follow college ball which is okay. He's a banger in the post and has above average defense.

Hayes wouldn't be the first captain to ever get traded. Especially since he's not even a starter!

vCash
    My whole opinion on Hayes being expendable is that I honestly believe the #5 pick is more than capable of being the first big off the bench. If he's not even good enough to log more minutes than Hayes, then get ready to label him a bust... which I don't think he is, I just think he needs the minutes.

vCash
    I agree. T-Rob just needs mins.

At this point in time, Thornton is more consistent than Reke, just because we know what we're getting. Reke could regress after this season. Who knows if this play will keep up. I would hope that it will, but we really just don't know. That's why I would trade Reke, and not Thornton. If Evans keeps this up though, I would want to trade Thornton.

I still wouldn't want to trade Hayes. Especially for someone who is unproven. I do not watch college, so no, I do not know who he is. I don't want to get younger though. Chuckwagon is our glue at this point.

Afflalo would be some more glue. I would love to have him. Solid player.

vCash
    If Evans keeps playing like this there's no chance he's traded during the season...

vCash

At this point in time, Thornton is more consistent than Reke, just because we know what we're getting. Reke could regress after this season. Who knows if this play will keep up. I would hope that it will, but we really just don't know. That's why I would trade Reke, and not Thornton. If Evans keeps this up though, I would want to trade Thornton.

I still wouldn't want to trade Hayes. Especially for someone who is unproven. I do not watch college, so no, I do not know who he is. I don't want to get younger though. Chuckwagon is our glue at this point.

That is precisely why I would trade Thornton over Reke. We know what we're getting with Thornton: a streaky shooter who doesn't like to share the ball. He's capable of putting up big numbers on any given night, but I don't think that it translates into wins.

The Kings obviously have trouble attracting talent, so we have to hope that our players can reach their potential. During Reke's recent hot streak the Kings have actually been very competitive. Maybe his recent shooting is a fluke or maybe it's not, but I'd rather take my chances on Reke over Thornton because at least he gives us the hope of being a decent team. Thornton, at his best, isn't going to make us a contender.

vCash

I know its hard to see beyond Hayes right now, but Afflalo makes this team better in so many ways... Robinson would get some burn, and also Johnson plays the stretch 4. O'Quinn would just be a filler, until he earns his 10-12 minutes in times of need.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle916 View Post
    If Evans keeps playing like this there's no chance he's traded during the season...
    I think Evans progression relies on the coaches putting him in the position where he's making the decisions... aka PG or Point Forward, however you want to view it. Interview after interview he says that's where he excels. So let him create for his team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent008 View Post
    That is precisely why I would trade Thornton over Reke. We know what we're getting with Thornton: a streaky shooter who doesn't like to share the ball. He's capable of putting up big numbers on any given night, but I don't think that it translates into wins.

The Kings obviously have trouble attracting talent, so we have to hope that our players can reach their potential. During Reke's recent hot streak the Kings have actually been very competitive. Maybe his recent shooting is a fluke or maybe it's not, but I'd rather take my chances on Reke over Thornton because at least he gives us the hope of being a decent team. Thornton, at his best, isn't going to make us a contender.
    You know, I'm on board with keeping Reke. Whether he regresses or not. Trade Thornton.

I'm thinking what the safe bet is, but we're complete **** right now. Time to take some chances. We gotta stop playing it safe and just go for it. We've been a joke for the last 4 seasons. It's not like we can do any worse.

I still think we shouldn't be giving up Hayes though. Although I just talked about taking chances and stop playing it safe, we still need stability and that is Chuck Hayes.

vCash

x2!!! Hell, Jimmer could produce the same numbers if not better if he shot as much as Thornton... You can't rely on players that are streaky and high volume shooters.

vCash
    I expect any time after DEC 15 until the trade deadline that either Jimmer, Brooks, or Thomas will be moved.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    I expect any time after DEC 15 until the trade deadline that either Jimmer, Brooks, or Thomas will be moved.
    It should happen! There's no reason the Kings should have 3 PG on their roster especially when Tyreke handles the ball as well. The PG position should be 2 deep, with Evans as the 3rd PG when needed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    Since you're saying after Dec 15, are you thinking that we're going to move Brooks?

vCash
    Since you're saying after Dec 15, are you thinking that we're going to move Brooks?
    That would be ridiculous, because Isaiah is not a starter in this league. He's more of a backup PG, spark off the bench. Someone who is going to come off the bench and push the tempo.

I think if a move is made it will be Thomas or Fredette

vCash
    What about this trade with Charlotte:

Thornton, Outlaw, and one of our PGs for Ramon Sessions, Jeffrey Taylor, DeSagana Diop, and a second round pick.

Sessions would be an upgrade at the point. He's a better passer and a better defender than anyone that we have right now.

Jeffrey Taylor is still a rookie, but I think that he can be a great fit at SF down the road. He's already starting for Charlotte at SG, but he has the size to play SF. He's a good defender and he can hit the three.

Diop is a big body who can block some shots and rebound. More importantly, he's a big expiring contract. We would have more flexibility going into the off-season.

Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast