Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    vCash
    @SamAmicoFSO: D-Wade's value on the decline. Heat need to think about keeping LeBron after 2014. Kings would mortgage farm for Wade. Hawks might too.

Whoa!!! How sick?!?! Tyreke, Thompson, Isaiah, and 2017 1st rd pick for D-Wade! That'd be legit man! I'd entertain trading boogie for that! Haha
    Jimmer
    Wade
    Salmons
    TRob
    Demarcus

Thornton 6th man!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cvietti23 View Post
    @SamAmicoFSO: D-Wade's value on the decline. Heat need to think about keeping LeBron after 2014. Kings would mortgage farm for Wade. Hawks might too.

Whoa!!! How sick?!?! Tyreke, Thompson, Isaiah, and 2017 1st rd pick for D-Wade! That'd be legit man! I'd entertain trading boogie for that! Haha
    Jimmer
    Wade
    Salmons
    TRob
    Demarcus

Thornton 6th man!
    I will burst the bubble, I just dont see the Heat trading Wade and I dont see them trading him to the Kings.

And we can't trade our 2017 1st round pick, its in limbo thanks to the J.J. Hickson trade. We can however trade our 2019 1st round pick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iMac View Post
    Thornton is nothing more than a 6th man... there's not a lot of teams that he would start on, but he holds the most trade value because he can go to a team in contention and be that 6th man.

Acquiring a 1st round pick doesn't mean we have to use it in the draft. Kings have there 1st rounder hijacked by that awful Hickson trade. Having a 1st gives us flexibility to flip that pick for a veteran.

Thornton is nothing but a high volume, streaky shooter. As hot as he gets, he gets just as cold! Kings would get more back if they package Thornton with Tyreke. That's why we trade him!
    We retain our 1st round pick if its 1 through 13. After 8 games that its looking like we will retain that pick.

vCash
    In case anyone is interested, below is the details of the trade with the Cavs. Until the trade is finalized we cannot trade any draft pick that could be the Cavs draft pick, and because of the Stepien rule we cannot trade the season after because there can be zero chance that in the future you do not have a first round pick in back to back seasons. Which means we cannot trade our 2018 first round pick unless we acquire another 1st round pick first.

"Protection specifics on pick going from Kings to Cavs: Protected 1-to-14 in 2012, 1-to-13 in 2013, 1-to-12 in 2014, 1-to-10 from 2015-2017; If first-round pick is not conveyed from SAC to CLE by 2017, then Kings convey their 2017 second-rounder to Cavaliers (protected 56-60)”

vCash

Jimmer
    Wade
    Salmons
    TRob
    Demarcus

Thornton 6th man!
    I was wrong about 1 item, I was basing it on the fact that I had never seen it happen and its hard to believe if its possible that it has never happened. I sent a email to Larry Coon asking him the question and I am surprised he responded the same day.

You can trade the remaining part of a draft pick as long as it does not violate other rules. So we could in theory trade the first part of our draft protected pick. In order for us to do that we would first have to acquire another 1st round pick because without doing that we would violate the Stepien rule.

To not violate the Stepien rule we could trade the front half of our 2013 draft pick as long as we acquired another teams 1st round pick in either 2013 or 2014. In order to trade our 2014 protected part of our draft pick, we would have to either trade for another teams 2014 first round pick or both a 2013 and 2015 round draft pick.
    Last edited by Plague; 11-16-2012 at 03:45 PM.

vCash

just a thought....

tyreke, t-rob/thompson, salmons/outlaw, 1st or 2nd round pick for batum and Lamarcus Aldridge...lol....they're rebuilding and can get some young talent to go with Lilliard...I just can't stand Tyreke anymore lol...
    Last edited by chitownredbulls; 11-16-2012 at 04:07 PM.

vCash
    You could have posted this in the trade ideas thread or the tyreke evans trade thread...
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    You could have posted this in the trade ideas thread or the tyreke evans trade thread...
    Look at you getting all nasty!, And I don't think this would work considering Aldrige is a legit All Star, while everything we are offering is filled with uncertainty.

Plus we can't trade our 1st pick until 2019

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    wow...my apologies sir...lol...if it bothers you that much, you can move it lol..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sactown View Post
    Look at you getting all nasty!, And I don't think this would work considering Aldrige is a legit All Star, while everything we are offering is filled with uncertainty.

Plus we can't trade our 1st pick until 2019
    you are correct sir....it's just that I think they will have to look at this proposal twice before turning it down....JT/T-rob and Tyreke are the two main guys they will be receiving.....it would be tempting knowing the potential of tyreke and the motor of either t-rob or thompson plus a sf in salmons and or outlaw(fan favorite there)...not so sure about the 1st rnd pick but if we could offer one, you'd have to think that they would pull the trigger....lol......like i said, JUST A THOUGHT...

vCash
    Another unrealistic trade proposal... Aldridge is an All*Star, and Batum is one of the more established Small Forwards in the NBA.

Look at it like this... If you were Portland, would you rather have?

Tyreke/Salmons/Outlaw or Batum <<<<< Batum should be the answer
    Robinson/Thompson or Aldridge <<<<<<< Aldridge is the answer

Now why would Portland make that trade when they know that Batum and Aldridge are better than anything coming back? Also, Kings don't have a 1st round pick to trade... and a 2nd round pick wouldn't be good enough to lure the Blazers.

And who said they are rebuilding... they have young talent!

vCash

Jimmer
    Wade
    Salmons
    TRob
    Demarcus

Thornton 6th man!
    well this kinda came outta nowhere. The Magoofs definitely need to get him.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    We retain our 1st round pick if its 1 through 13. After 8 games that its looking like we will retain that pick.
    I understand that... if the Kings acquire another 1st round pick from another team, they are free to do whatever they want with it. Thornton is probably our best trade asset right now in terms of not giving up a lot.
    Last edited by iMac; 11-16-2012 at 08:18 PM.

vCash
    D-Wade..... Kings.... NOW THAT'S FUNNY

vCash
    If he doesn't play for a contender he'll end up hurt, so why even try? Wade = bad news

Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast