Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chitownredbulls View Post
    Tyreke Evans and John Salmons for Rudy Gay.....I'm very high on Gay...lol...
    I don't think Memphis would like that trade one bit...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iMac View Post
    I don't think Memphis would like that trade one bit...
    throw in thompson...t-rob is likely the future at pf...jj could back both him and gay up from the bench...

vCash
    throw in thompson...t-rob is likely the future at pf...jj could back both him and gay up from the bench...
    Still doubt the Grizzlies would do that deal, plus this would make us very weak up front this year. I'd still do it though, but won't happen.
    Why in the world is it so important to get the calls right ?
    -7chuck7

vCash
    Jason Thompson for Eric Maynor
    and Isaiah Thomas and a future 1st rounder (15-30 protected to counter our 1st that goes to the Cavs) for Terrance Jones from Houston

vCash
    Thompson is too valuable to this team... he doesn't get the respect because of his unselfish play. Just because Robinson might be the future, doesn't make Thompson expendable.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iMac View Post
    Thompson is too valuable to this team... he doesn't get the respect because of his unselfish play. Just because Robinson might be the future, doesn't make Thompson expendable.
    you have to look at it from a Basketball standpoint....we have chuck hayes, demarcus cousins, t-rob, james johnson can even play there...what this team needs is a glue guy at SF like Rudy Gay...someone who is a proven player who can score, play d, and is a leader...

vCash
    We definitely should not trade JT. JT complements Boogie really well. Also, while I'm still hopeful for T-Rob, he hasn't done anything to make me think that Thompson is expendable. The Kings keep trying to find players to replace JT, but he just keeps outplaying them.

vCash
    I would think John Salmons trade value would be negative, he is going to have to show some positive value before anyone is going to want to take on his 8 plus million contract.

Now that everyone knows Tyreke can't make a shot outside of a layup, and he is in the last year of his contract, his value is probably that of a expired contract or a player to add for a playoff run..

Jason Thompson has some value but on Memphis he would be a backup.

I don't see Memphis making this trade and from a fan of the Kings I don't want to see us make the trade. Gay is going to be making 18 and 19 million the next 2 seasons, he is not worth that.
    Last edited by Plague; 11-10-2012 at 08:27 PM.

vCash
    I think at this point Tyreke is not going to net us much in a trade. If we trade him it will probably be closer to the trade deadline and it will be for a 2nd or 3rd season player that a team gave up on or a established player with baggage that a team wants to get rid of. No outside shot for a player at a position that a outside shot is desirable and him being a restricted free agent next season makes him a undesirable commodity for another team and I just dont see us getting a good player for him.

vCash
    you have to look at it from a Basketball standpoint....we have chuck hayes, demarcus cousins, t-rob, james johnson can even play there...what this team needs is a glue guy at SF like Rudy Gay...someone who is a proven player who can score, play d, and is a leader...
    Memphis wouldn't make that trade... JT is not expendable!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sactown View Post
    Jason Thompson for Eric Maynor
    and Isaiah Thomas and a future 1st rounder (15-30 protected to counter our 1st that goes to the Cavs) for Terrance Jones from Houston
    Unfortunately until the Cavalier trade is completed and the Cavaliers get our first round pick we will not be able to trade our future 1st round picks unless we acquire another 1st round pick. That trade is going to haunt us for years to come. At this point we cannot trade any of our first round picks up until and including the year 2018.

P.S.- We could trade our 2019 1st round pick because the J.J. Hickson trade will be completed no later than 2017 and 2019 is within the 7 year rule.
    Last edited by Plague; 11-10-2012 at 08:28 PM.

vCash
    Actually I since the pick is protected I wonder if we could do an opposite protection that would allow a trade such as
    Picks 1-14 would go to houston and 15-30 to the cavs

vCash
    Tyreke Evans and John Salmons for Rudy Gay.....I'm very high on Gay...lol...
    That Would Definately Not Get You Rudy Gay. The Grizzlies GM Would Laugh.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sactown View Post
    Actually I since the pick is protected I wonder if we could do an opposite protection that would allow a trade such as
    Picks 1-14 would go to houston and 15-30 to the cavs
    No, you cannot break up a pick and trade it too different teams. At this point we cannot trade any of our draft picks from now until 2018 until the Cavalier trade is finalized. and you cannot trade the 2020 pick because of the seven year rule, so that leaves only our 2019 pick as a pick we can trade..Once this season is over and we know the 1st round pick is our pick we can then trade the pick but only if we acquire another 1st round pick, since its possible that we may lose our 2014 pick to the Cavs the Stepien rule would forbid us from trading the 2013 draft choice even if we knew it was 100% our pick. The Stepien rule requires that we cannot trade a pick in back to back to back seasons with past seasons no longer counting, so even if we traded last seasons pick we could still trade next seasons pick as long as 2014 pick was our pick, a conditional pick for trade purposes is not considered a pick that we may trade.

I hope I explained it well enough.
    Last edited by Plague; 11-11-2012 at 01:03 PM.

vCash
    Celtics trade: Rondo, Sullinger, 2013 1st round pick

Kings trade: Cousins, Fredette
    Last edited by bbd24; 11-12-2012 at 03:02 PM.

Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast