Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Lottery Ball/NBA Title Equity Hunt

I am a die hard Detroit Pistons fan. Truth is, Shabazz Muhammad or someone else in the top 5 of the draft entering this rotation gives us our best shot at gaining legit NBA Title equity down the road. Finishing in the 8-14 spot in the lottery doesn't figure to help much, despite teams being moronic and passing on Drummond this year.

Lottery ball hunt is off to as good a start as you could have, 0-2. Our schedule to start the season is absolutely brutal. 1-8 or 0-9 start is definitely in play. Bobcats somehow pulled out a 1pt win in their opener, which could wind up being huge down the road. Washington/Sacramento/Charlotte will be our biggest hurdles in finishing with the most lottery balls.

We can root for improvement from Moose/Drummond/Knight and still pull for L's. I think this team has enough dead weight getting serious run that can hold us back, i.e. Tayshaun/Maxiell/Bynum.

So here's to this starting lineup in 2013-2014 season!

PG- Brandon Knight
    SG- Kim English
    SF- Shabazz Muhammad
    PF- Greg Monroe
    C- Andre Drummond

GO PISTONS!

vCash
    Current Standings

L.A. Lakers 0-3 --
    Denver Nuggets 0-3 --
    Sacramento Kings 0-3 --
    Toronto Raptors 0-2 .5
    Washington Wizards 0-2 .5
    Detroit Pistons 0-2 .5

vCash
    Drum isn't going to start until we get a good 4-5 year sample size, according to Frank.

vCash
    lol

vCash
    I gotta say that's a pretty sexy looking starting 5.

#ERMAHGERD

vCash
    In reality, not starting him and limiting his minutes this season will help us long term. It will cost us a game here and there, and it will put less wear and tear on his body. I think 22 mpg will wind up being his avg by the end of the season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GunFactor007 View Post
    I gotta say that's a pretty sexy looking starting 5.
    Brandon Knight
    Eric Gordon
    Shabazz Muhammad
    Greg Monroe
    Andre Drummond

Sexier?

vCash
    Its sad but the only way for a small market to compete nowadays is that #1 pick.Just look at the talent you get with the #1.The 04 Pistons was one of a kind the way we formed that team and won,It really was something special that Dumars created but its not going to happen again.We got flat out lucky in these past couple drafts but were still missing that Kyrie,Blake or Davis type of star we need granted I think we really got something special with Drummond if he lives out his potential.

vCash
    Its a fix somehow the lakers will struggle with nash being out and something else will happen and then they will miraculously win the draft lottery and get muhammed to replace Kobe. Its a fix.
    Max Scherzer season stats

blue eyes - 1

brown eyes - 1

wins

losses

KOs

BB

WHIP

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RipCity32 View Post
    Its sad but the only way for a small market to compete nowadays is that #1 pick.Just look at the talent you get with the #1.The 04 Pistons was one of a kind the way we formed that team and won,It really was something special that Dumars created but its not going to happen again.We got flat out lucky in these past couple drafts but were still missing that Kyrie,Blake or Davis type of star we need granted I think we really got something special with Drummond if he lives out his potential.
    That 04 team is my favorite Detroit team of all time. The realistic truth it, it took a hilarious amount of luck for that to be possible. I mean, Joe D didn't even want Ben Wallace at first in that trade with the Magic.

Building a team through the draft will be better. We will have a longer window and all of these players will be home grown Pistons from the get go.

vCash
    If this were the NFL it would be easier because they don't do the lottery ********. even if the Pistons finish with the worst record it is far from guaranteed that they'd pick #1, just ask the Dudcats how it feels.

vCash
    Would never say lets tank, but i think this team might just be bad enough to be one of the worst teams. Kind of a bad year to have a top-5 pick if u ask me tho. Shabazz would be great but after him the best prospects all seem to be pf/c which imo we already have the future of. If we end up 9-13 I would look at LeBryan Nash from OK State or maybe even Kyle Anderson from UCLA.

AAP: Kim English

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by detzfish View Post
    Would never say lets tank, but i think this team might just be bad enough to be one of the worst teams. Kind of a bad year to have a top-5 pick if u ask me tho. Shabazz would be great but after him the best prospects all seem to be pf/c which imo we already have the future of. If we end up 9-13 I would look at LeBryan Nash from OK State or maybe even Kyle Anderson from UCLA.
    I wonder how that SF Kentuckey has this year is going to look.I think is name is Alex Poythress.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RipCity32 View Post
    I wonder how that SF Kentuckey has this year is going to look.I think is name is Alex Poythress.
    Yeah forgot about him.Judging by kentucky recent history i would say he will be good. Cant wait for these college games to start. But though there are interesting college prospects I would still love for the pistons to make the playoffs

AAP: Kim English

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by detzfish View Post
    Yeah forgot about him.Judging by kentucky recent history i would say he will be good. Cant wait for these college games to start. But though there are interesting college prospects I would still love for the pistons to make the playoffs
    I prefer playoffs as well

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast