Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

There's No Way the Mets Deal Dickey, Is There?

I can see why Dickey would be a great trade piece for the Mets right now with his recent success and the fact that even though he was the second best pitcher this season he'll probably win the Cy Young award. Factor in his age and the fact that this one good year doesn't make up for his bad ones and it's understandable why this is being talked about as a possibility.

They have a major need for outfielders and catchers and have an overabundance of pitchers, sounds like the polar opposite of the Dodgers. We've got a log jam in the outfield and are in dire need of starting pitchers and relievers. Is this something that Colletti should even kick the tires on?

vCash
    I think it'll take a good package to get him, obviously Colletti should ask, it's been rumored up to 10 teams already have interest, if the Mets made him avaliable, he's only owed 5 million next year and for a guy coming of a Cy Young, he won't be easily obtainable
    Foam Party!

vCash
    First of all the guy is 38. Yes I understand he will probably be able to throw that knuckleball well into his 40's but I wouldn't give all that much for him. Especially given his limited success and age.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bmu15 View Post
    First of all the guy is 38. Yes I understand he will probably be able to throw that knuckleball well into his 40's but I wouldn't give all that much for him. Especially given his limited success and age.
    also he will be a free agent next year.