Follow us on Twitter

vCash

My 2013 Marlins Offseason

sign
    -OF Delmon Young 2/16 mill
    -SP Jonathon Sanchez 1/2 mill
    -LHP Randy Choate 2/4 mill
    -RHP Matt Capps 3/10 mill

Trade P Josh Johnson and P Alex Sanabia to Chicago Cubs for Prospects SS/3B Javier Baez, 3B Josh Vitters, OF Brett Jackson

2013 lineup (13 Players)
    C Brantly, Buck
    1B LoMo, Dobbs
    2B Boni, Solano
    3B Vitters/Kousmanoff/Boni/Solano/Dobbs
    SS Reyes, Boni, Solano
    LF Young, Ruggiano
    CF Ruggiano/Jackson,Boni
    RF Stanton, Jackson, Dobbs

1.Boni
    2.Reyes
    3.Lomo
    4.Stanton
    5.Young
    6.Jackson
    7.Vitters
    8.Brantly
    9.Pitcher

(12 Pitchers)
    SP Buerhle, Nolasco, Turner, Eovaldi, Sanchez
    Bullpen Leblanc, Cischek, Webb, Capps, Choate, Dunn, Ceda

Top Prospects like P Fernandez, OF Yelich, SS Baez, P Heaney, 3B Cox, OF Jackson give them ammo to trade for stars or keep a strong minor league system

vCash
    Some of your signings look like good ones, but others don't. For one, I don't know if I would like to see Delmon Young in LF. But the biggest disagreement I have is in the Josh Johnson trade you proposed. IF we trade Johnson away, I think you have to allocate that money, along with the extra savings from trading H2R, and go all in for Zack Greinke. He's a legit ace who pared with Beuhrle, Nolasco, Eovaldi, and Turner, can turn our rotation into an elite rotation. When you look at that kind of rotation, it's not that injury-prone, and it will be a very dependable rotation. If you trade Johnson though, you go get one of Mike Olt(Rangers)/Nick Castellanos(Tigers, where he is blocked by Miggy) to play third, or some like Wil Myers(Royals) to play LF. Jonathan Sanchez to me isn't worth it unless he takes a small deal with an invite to Spring Training, and I don't think Choate will want to come back here. Matt Capps would be an interesting signing, and if we can get him to a deal similar to what you proposed, then I'd say do it. Otherwise, find bargains for the bullpen, and spend money in position players who can hit.

vCash
    Relievers are becoming expensive , Affeldt 3 years 18 million , League 3 years 25 million.
    Stupid Money times. Have the GM start looking for young controllable power pitchers

vCash
    After that trade you guys just did, you can forget about signing any free agents now. Might as well trade Stanton, turn that stadium into a night club and close shop. Wow.... I cant believe that deal.....

vCash
    Its like a horror story. You want something shiny and nice but instead they come to repo your car and house.

FEAR EL OSO BLANCO