Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    It would not bother me if they won 50 games and att. fell thru the floor. That's what the Coupons and their enablers Bud and Spindy deserve.

It's disgusting what is going on here.

A NY team can't afford to resign Scott ******** Hairston???

That's just BS and totally unacceptable. And people think this team is going to spend and win in 2014 just because two deals are coming off...

Ok.
    You can throw out all of the "clever" jargon about ownership or the front office that you want, but it doesn't change the fact that what's happening was said from the beginning is what has come to pass. People are becoming frustrated with the wait of slashing payroll and letting the team develop, but what we're failing to take into account is that the offseason is just beginning and there is a lot of time for moves to be made.

When Alderson was hired in 2010, this was an excerpt from his conference:

"When asked if 2011 will be a “caretaker year,” Alderson said he plans to put the best possible team on the field, even with the limited payroll flexibility. He hopes to put the Mets in the position where they can be aggressive in the market every offseason, but doesn’t see that happening this winter."-NBC Hardball

Aggressive doesn't mean "Spend on huge free agents, pursue every top free agent, and win through free agency", as many here would tend to believe. Aggressiveness through free agency can be just as detrimental as standing pat, making lateral trades, or trying to search for bargains. Look at how the Marlins played out this year, in addition to the Angels (Winning record, but nothing to show for it). The Mets even had a frigging book written about them called "The Worst Team Money Can Buy". Maybe you should be more versed about the history instead of being extremely short sighted and quick to insult a situation that you clearly don't know everything behind.

While Alderson has never formally said there was going to be a 5 year rebuilding plan, perhaps more, he has implied that this is going to take time to restructure. One may point to the draft and say that many of the picks weren't taken, and while that holds true, I think we have to wait and see how the extra money is going to be allocated. We don't know if they planned on spending some of that money on research, on facilities in the minor leagues, on improvements, paying off debts that the TEAM needs to pay off.

You say it's unacceptable that a New York team can't afford to sign Scott Hairston? That's fine. The thing is, they CAN afford to sign him, they just choose to (most likely) not spend their resources on a player who has a career year at age 32, who can't hit right handed pitching, who doesn't have the best OF defense, and will serve far better for an AL team if the need is there. Whether or not he should have been traded is a useless argument now. It's done.

What they can do is be creative in trades and free agency to get a player comparable to Hairston for less money. Wait and see. Don't expect Tori Hunter, Cody Ross, or someone along those lines, but don't be surprised to see people like Lucas Duda, Jon Niese, Daniel Murphy, or Bobby Parnell wearing a different uniform next year for a OF piece.

www.DailyStache.net You Gotta Believe
    R.I.P UAPeople

vCash
    I wouldn't keep either Shoppach or Hairston. They are not going to make the Mets better. Improvement is likely to come from improvement from younger players, if the team improves at all.

Let Francisco Pena and Centenno compete for a roster spot and I would let Eric Campbell and Lagares compete for a spot.

vCash
    Can Hairston catch?
    FELLOW SATINISTS INCLUDE:
    FoC, YS, Harry, Zmaster, Gotta, ArkansasMetsFan, KingsnQueens7, The-rock-man, Wrigheyes4MVP, Vendetta, Jim Labruno

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alexandre302 View Post
    I wouldn't keep either Shoppach or Hairston. They are not going to make the Mets better. Improvement is likely to come from improvement from younger players, if the team improves at all.

Let Francisco Pena and Centenno compete for a roster spot and I would let Eric Campbell and Lagares compete for a spot.
    Not yet for Pena. Let him hit his way in AA and AAA before coming up.

I'm expecting a mid 2014 call-up for him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsLegacy View Post
    You can throw out all of the "clever" jargon about ownership or the front office that you want, but it doesn't change the fact that what's happening was said from the beginning is what has come to pass. People are becoming frustrated with the wait of slashing payroll and letting the team develop, but what we're failing to take into account is that the offseason is just beginning and there is a lot of time for moves to be made.

When Alderson was hired in 2010, this was an excerpt from his conference:

"When asked if 2011 will be a “caretaker year,” Alderson said he plans to put the best possible team on the field, even with the limited payroll flexibility. He hopes to put the Mets in the position where they can be aggressive in the market every offseason, but doesn’t see that happening this winter."-NBC Hardball

Aggressive doesn't mean "Spend on huge free agents, pursue every top free agent, and win through free agency", as many here would tend to believe. Aggressiveness through free agency can be just as detrimental as standing pat, making lateral trades, or trying to search for bargains. Look at how the Marlins played out this year, in addition to the Angels (Winning record, but nothing to show for it). The Mets even had a frigging book written about them called "The Worst Team Money Can Buy". Maybe you should be more versed about the history instead of being extremely short sighted and quick to insult a situation that you clearly don't know everything behind.

While Alderson has never formally said there was going to be a 5 year rebuilding plan, perhaps more, he has implied that this is going to take time to restructure. One may point to the draft and say that many of the picks weren't taken, and while that holds true, I think we have to wait and see how the extra money is going to be allocated. We don't know if they planned on spending some of that money on research, on facilities in the minor leagues, on improvements, paying off debts that the TEAM needs to pay off.

You say it's unacceptable that a New York team can't afford to sign Scott Hairston? That's fine. The thing is, they CAN afford to sign him, they just choose to (most likely) not spend their resources on a player who has a career year at age 32, who can't hit right handed pitching, who doesn't have the best OF defense, and will serve far better for an AL team if the need is there. Whether or not he should have been traded is a useless argument now. It's done.

What they can do is be creative in trades and free agency to get a player comparable to Hairston for less money. Wait and see. Don't expect Tori Hunter, Cody Ross, or someone along those lines, but don't be surprised to see people like Lucas Duda, Jon Niese, Daniel Murphy, or Bobby Parnell wearing a different uniform next year for a OF piece.

1. Heard it all before, why would anyone believe anything will happen this off-season, when they have done nothing for years?

2. Typical Alderson BS. Designed to placate those willing to believe anything.

3. Heard it all before. Have the Mets improved by taking an alternative route to doing anything via FA? NO. Take away Wheeler and they've done nothing whatsoever.

4. We're not rebuilding. You're welcome to 'wait and see' for as long as you like, I'm not stopping you. Wait until they pay off the debts? LOL!!! That's decades away.

5. Do they have anyone better? No. Who will they get instead? And what with?

6. LOL!!! Robbing Peter to pay Paul. Color me totally unimpressed.

L

isten, I can see you're 'on-message' with Frandy and their endless nonsense, but I am not, so you're wasting your time trying to spin the Mets BS to me.

vCash
    http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/met...or-free-agency
    After being outrighted off the 40-man roster, Mike Nickeas has elected free agency, a team official said.

Fred Lewis, who also had been removed from the roster, chose free agency as well.

The Mets currently have catchers Josh Thole and Anthony Recker on the 40-man roster.
    Share you memories of Lewis and Nickeas as both will be remembered for decades.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/met...or-free-agency

Share you memories of Lewis and Nickeas as both will be remembered for decades.
    Nickeas is gone!!

vCash
    I'm glad Anthony Recker is on the 40 man. He's better than Nickeas.

vCash
    Well that is like saying a turd is better than Diarrhea.

vCash
    And I'd much rather take a normal **** than have diarrhea so good move Sandy.

I'm telling you right now, there will be worse back-ups and 3rd string catchers around the league than Recker. He hasn't had many PA in the majors yet to tell he's pure AAAA quality. He probably will suck, but he hasn't played enough to show that.

He's a good defender so if he can hit .220 or so and provide some power, then that's pretty good decent right there. Our catching depth was extremely sad the past few years so he's a good 3rd catcher to have.

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    It would not bother me if they won 50 games and att. fell thru the floor. That's what the Coupons and their enablers Bud and Spindy deserve.

It's disgusting what is going on here.

A NY team can't afford to resign Scott ******** Hairston???

That's just BS and totally unacceptable. And people think this team is going to spend and win in 2014 just because two deals are coming off...

Ok.
    Telling it like it is......

We'll be fielding an AAAA team in '13.

My Vote For 2014 Mets Starting SS.

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87
    Denver Rockets/Nuggets Dieharder Since '73

ua you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P.

vCash
    Shop and Cedeno should be back. Hairston if he doesn't break the bank.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12