Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Game 2 (11-4-12): Sixers (1-0) @ Knicks (1-0)

vCash
    That's hot!
    Thad needs to be in his bag tomorrow. Melo-stopper...
    Hope he's up to it.

In the past early games were ugly for us. Hopefully we start sharp. This is a chance for turner to show something. He'll probably be defended by Kidd, as the least scoring threat in starting line up.
    Pay attention. You might learn something.

vCash
    What's up guys. Knick fan here just wanted to say i really liked what u guys have done this offseason and i think u will be our biggest challenge in the division. I think Boston won't be able to hold up for 82. Anyways good luck tomorrow. Classy team

The Future

vCash
    First test of a team with a legit 20+ ppg wing scorer without Iguodala. I'll be interested to see how we handle that, and who gets the bulk of the minutes against Melo

vCash

Im guessing we see thad on melo a lot....im really curious to see how thad would play against him

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86 View Post
    Im guessing we see thad on melo a lot....im really curious to see how thad would play against him
    agreed. i see:

thad v. melo

allen v. chandler

j-rich v. brewer

holiday v. felton

turner v. kidd

vCash
    They really start Kidd and Felton? Wow. Is Ronnie Brewer their only guy who can defend the 2? Seems like one of those games where if ET and the other 2s can't get it going they need to feel pretty bad about themselves.

vCash
    They stomped the heat. So I imagine they'll be feeling good for a while.

Other intriguing match ups
    Young v smith
    Wright v Novak
    Hawes v Thomas
    Pay attention. You might learn something.

vCash

I was watching the Knicks-Heat game on and off. Not too closely... But basically I have no idea if Melo was playing more 4 or 3. And I'm not sure if they went with Kidd/Felton at the same time a lot. So the matchups throughout the game might not be indicative of the starting lineups. We'll see. That's what I'm most interested in.

...Basically I'm worried that were gonna see a lot of Dorell Wright on Melo... Yikes. This is the kind of game we might miss Andre.

vCash
    three things:

1, jrue needs to score 40. if he's being guarded by felton or kidd or smith or prigioni, he needs to torch them.

2, novak is very dangerous. the sixers have done a great job of closing out on 3P shooters with collins as coach, but novak has a lightening quick release and he's deadly accurate. if he gets 2 or 3 open looks in a row, he could very easily turn a 4 or 5 or 6 or 7 point deficit into a 13 or 14 or 15 or 16 point deficit.

and 3, tyson chandler v. lavoy allen or spencer hawes will be very interesting to watch. chandler is a great athlete and a deadly finisher around the rim in the pick and roll, and since neither lavoy nor dispencer hawesome are known for their mobility and quickness, if they can do a good job of limiting his looks, they should be able to do good job against every other center in the eastern conference. and that's before they get bynum back.

vCash
    Hoping for a good game, fellas.

It's a shame that Bynum can't play and we don't get to see this Sixers team at full strength, which I'm pretty excited to see myself.

vCash
    I may actually get to watch this one!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sixer04fan:24179790
    I

...Basically I'm worried that were gonna see a lot of Dorell Wright on Melo... Yikes. This is the kind of game we might miss Andre.
    I also don't want to see too much Wright on Melo. However we could lose out and there will be no missing of any of our departed members from this portion of the "we".

vCash
    This is one game I actually think Evan might have an opportunity to do well on the offensive end.

And we may need him to.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    This is one game I actually think Evan might have an opportunity to do well on the offensive end.

And we may need him to.
    My exact thoughts. I'd really like to see him come up big on the offensive end today.

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast