Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

are you guys happy with the way things fell?

Im very happy with how all the deals morey had in place and some already completed only to have stern shoot them down, fail. id much rather have harden than a pau or b1tchy punk like dwight. its just funny how things came together and how this roller coaster of the past years has finally come to fruition for morey and houston fans. love me the beard

vCash
    I'd be elated if ZZ Top introduced the Rockets tomorrow night

vCash
    Yes I am. Sure thing could have gone better, and I'm not talking about Howard, Bynum or Gasol. We could have kept Dragic, Lee and Camby, we lack bench production right now, but how could Morey know OKC would trade Harden prior to the season? The team we had before Saturday was perfect to suck and get two high picks next year, now we may be in a similar situation we were last year, no playoffs and with a mid-round pick again, but we finally have -the- man to build around, and that's Harden. If Lin and Asik prove they can be starters deserving their contarcts, like they did against the Pistons, and two of the four rookies pan out, we are in a great place right now.
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

vCash
    I love it it gives us a person to build around. And also some one that doesnt complain and a team plauer its not all about him

vCash
    Im extremly happy, I wasnt a few days ago but after the Harden trade it really convinced me about Morey (One of the best GMs in the league imo) I think if we can just get a solid big man next summer like a bynum or a josh smith, we could really compete in the west...

MARLINS
    ROCKETS
    DOLPHINS

vCash
    I am! My wife is a huge Harden/Thunder fan, but shes really into the Rockets now that they have her favorite player!! That means I don't get griped out for checking the score on dates/times out;-)

Also, I agree that the Lin/Harden combo, coupled with an agressive GM, and no state tax...breathes hope into the franchise that we could reclaim the glory days. I was angry when DM gutted the team for Howard (who I DID NOT want), but I'm good now. Exciting times, hope they continue!

vCash
    I'm honestly more excited about this Rockets team than I have been about anything in a long, long time. Given that this is a football state, people don't understand when I tell them that the NBA is my favorite sport. But I'm not just a Rockets fan, I'm an NBA fan who loves watching great NBA basketball regardless of who is playing and appreciates the history of it and the significance of big moments.

That being said, nothing is more exciting for me than when the Rockets have hope. I had clung to Kyle Lowry the last two seasons hoping that he was going to be the next big thing, but always knowing that he was a No. 2 or No. 3 at best on a contender. Now I know what it feels like again to have a legit No. 1 franchise player, and it feels good gentleman. Christmas came early this year.

HOWEVER, I think it's worth noting that Harden has to continue to be productive over a full season and he's probably still riding the high of getting a max deal and finally being a No. 1 with full reign of an offense. He's going to have some lulls and some low points, and we'll have to accept that. I do still think that Dwight is the better player, and had the Rockets acquired him and been able to keep him, they could have been in a slightly better position then they are now, but not by much. And I don't think they likely would have been able to keep him.

The future is still foggy, but I think it's going to be a bright one.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Lakers will make the playoffs this year and my bold prediction is they finish higher than the Rockets.
    Quote Originally Posted by nickdymez View Post
    And Lebron puts up great numbers, your right. Debate over. You win. Lebron is the greatest

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EDUTEXANS View Post
    Yes I am. Sure thing could have gone better, and I'm not talking about Howard, Bynum or Gasol. We could have kept Dragic, Lee and Camby, we lack bench production right now, but how could Morey know OKC would trade Harden prior to the season? The team we had before Saturday was perfect to suck and get two high picks next year, now we may be in a similar situation we were last year, no playoffs and with a mid-round pick again, but we finally have -the- man to build around, and that's Harden. If Lin and Asik prove they can be starters deserving their contarcts, like they did against the Pistons, and two of the four rookies pan out, we are in a great place right now.
    well said. i am a lin doubter but hes proving me wrong with the 2 and a half games so far. he plays with a slow pace that doesnt seem to be effective but it is. but if couldve kept camby and lee all wouldve been great.

vCash
    We also could have kept Scola for another year. Scola and Asik would be awsome in the paint, we don't have any offensive threats inside, and Scola can drop 15 every night. But how could Morey know.

vCash
    I feel like the 3 new acquisitions have brought a new energy. The franchise seemed to have been running in mud the last few years. If 24 is an off night for Harden, I'll take it. Still say we need a 3rd scorer at one of the big men positions.

vCash
    How about we get that 2nd scorer before trying to get the second

vCash
    Lin is the second I guess.

vCash
    You guys are fine with Lin being the second scorer IMO all you need is a strong PF maybe a Josh Smith. Josh Smith along with a couple of other bench players maybe another scoring guard off the bench will make the Rockets a real threat next season.

vCash
    the deal with our PF is we have Terrence Jones on the bench, who I understand is a rookie but tore it up in preseason and he is getting NO playing time, I think he can score points and play good defense.

vCash
    Hell yes. Just the fact the Rockets have a star now is great news.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast