Look folks.. In every thread all I see is straight disrespect toward a guy who single handedly brought this franchise back from the Abyss!.. I see people make reference to the fact that the guy only came here for the money.. Due to the 5th year tacked onto his contract.. I see people talking about he needs to come off the bench when he comes back.. Are you guys kidding me?..
Let's take a look at Amar'e Stoudemire's resume for a second shall we...
The Amar'e has been going through a bunch of lows ever since he hurt his back in the layup line in Boston.. There was a lockout so he couldn't rehab his back under proper supervision of team Doctors.. He was not able to work on his game for the whole off season.. Then starts the season with Toney Douglas as his starting PG.. And still averaged 17 and 8 for the season..- Four-time All-NBA selection
- First Team in 2007
- Second Team in 2005, 2008, & 2010
- Five-time NBA All-Star 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, with two starts (2009, 2010)
- NBA Rookie of the Year
- All-Rookie First Team selection in 2002-03
- Has ranked among NBA Top Ten in field goal percentage in each of the last four seasons
- NBA Top Ten in scoring in three of last six seasons
- On all-time Suns career lists, is third in rebounds (4,613), third in free throws made (3,044), third in free throw --- attempts (4,018) and fifth in blocks (722)...
- All-time Suns leader with 15 40-plus scoring games
- Two-time NBA Western Conference Player of the Month (April 2005, March 2010)
- six-time West Player of the Week (four times following ’05 microfracture surgery)
- Played in 2003 and 2004 Rookie Challenge at NBA All-Star Weekend (MVP of 2004 Game)
- Has authored 15 40-plus scoring games
- one 50-plus game (career-high 50 vs. Blazers, Jan. 2, 2005)
- six 20-plus rebound games
- Has four career 20-20 games
- one 30-20 game
- 11 40-10 games
- Has averaged 20-plus points in six of his eight NBA seasons...
As a Knick Amare Stoudemire averages 22ppg!... Where is the respect???.
The man has been hurt and has gone through personal tragedy that would probably make any one of us quit playing all together.. But he busted his but all off season and came into camp in great shape.. Only to have another setback..
The man is one of the highest paid players in the league and you want to relegate him to the Bench like he is some scrub?.. Especially if he comes back 100% healthy.. Please.. Stop drinking the Kool-Aid.. Carmelo Anthony as much as I love him is one of the most inefficient players in the NBA.. And Amare is the exact opposite.. Especially now that he is playing with tried and tested Point Guards..
You do not put Amare on the Bench because you take defenses off the hook when you do that.. You have them both on the floor playing off of each other in tandem. So now defenses have to pick their poison.. Thats the whole purpose of super teams and amassing as much talent as you possibly can..
This is why the Bulls will never advance to the finals.. One man can't win it all alone.. Especially in todays NBA...
I know im ranting.. But Respect Amar'e Stoudemire.. Because if it wasnt for him there would be no Melo, Tyson, JR, Novak, etc. etc. etc.. And to add to that.. He is still a top 10 PF in this league.. When 100% healthy and playing the way he did in 2010.. He is arguably THE BEST..