Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: How will the Rockets finish this season?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • 20 wins or less, Top 3-5 Draft pick, 14-15 seed in the West (Atrocious)

    1 4.76%
  • 20-30 wins, Top 7 Draft pick, 12-14 seed in the West (Bad)

    4 19.05%
  • 30-40 wins, Lottery pick in 8-14 range 9-12 seed in the West (Mediocre)

    9 42.86%
  • 40-50 wins, Just out of the Lottery, 6-8 seed in the West (Good)

    6 28.57%
  • 50+ Wins, Pick in the 20s, Top 5 seed in the West (Very Good... Also, I'm insane)

    1 4.76%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    24,455
    vCash
    2502

    Official Rockets 2012-2013 Prediction Thread

    So, with the final preseason game being played tonight and the regular season less than a week away, I think it's finally time to see where everyone stands on this team. Obviously it's impossible to project how some rookies will play, whether there will be injuries or how a midseason Kevin Martin deal could affect the team. But I still think it's possible to project a win total and seed placement.

    How many wins do you think the Rockets will get, what seed will they be in the West and where will they be drafting in the first round of the 2013 draft?

    Aside from the poll, which of the young players do you think will standout? Who do you think will underachiever? And where do you see the Rockets' offense coming from?

    With the season starting up again, we need more activity on this forum, so I expect lots of comments from you guys and some legit NBA discussion going on. The NBA is back people!


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    H-Town/The Burgh
    Posts
    13,493
    vCash
    1500
    I think Lin will bomb, Asik will surprise everyone, Terrence Jones will be the best rookie, KMart will be dealt for a mid round pick and an exp contract and we'll win about 37 games cause the team will mesh well together.

    Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    24,455
    vCash
    2502
    Quote Originally Posted by sep11ie View Post
    I think Lin will bomb, Asik will surprise everyone, Terrence Jones will be the best rookie, KMart will be dealt for a mid round pick and an exp contract and we'll win about 37 games cause the team will mesh well together.
    I think most of those things will happen, but I think the definition of "bomb" will be a little different than I see it. The media will probably see it as "bombing", but I think he'll start off the season poorly and become an average point guard by the end of the year, putting up 12-14 and 6-8 pretty consistently. But he won't explode like he did with New York.

    Also, I think the Rockets will be better than people anticipate, but because they're such a young team, they'll really struggle at times and go on some major losing streaks. I see them winning probably 30 games this season and finishing with a pick in the 6-8 range.


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,366
    vCash
    1500
    Don't see us winning more than 30 games if I'm being realistic, but hey anything can happen right ? It is sure going to be fun seeing how the rooks go though.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    San Antonio TX
    Posts
    239
    vCash
    1500
    i think the rockets are gonna be one of the worst teams in the league this year. i think the management wants it that way. somehow they blew it up too hard, yet not hard enough. martin and patterson should be gone pre-training camp for something like nelson and 1st, walker and 1st, or harris and 1st. machado looks good but i dunno i'd rather not have a rookie pg take over when lin is hurt or just turning it over too much. also that way you have another potentially high 1st if the crazy overhaul'd team just can't get it together. there's too much talent and too few minutes. that screams chemistry issues and losses to me. i think the best hope is if the two guys who shoulda been traded go down to injury real early.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    24,455
    vCash
    2502
    Seriously, where the hell are all of you guys? The NBA season starts in a few days and we're getting nearly as many Knicks posters in here as Rockets poster. It's pathetic...


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    16,643
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    I think most of those things will happen, but I think the definition of "bomb" will be a little different than I see it. The media will probably see it as "bombing", but I think he'll start off the season poorly and become an average point guard by the end of the year, putting up 12-14 and 6-8 pretty consistently. But he won't explode like he did with New York.

    Also, I think the Rockets will be better than people anticipate, but because they're such a young team, they'll really struggle at times and go on some major losing streaks. I see them winning probably 30 games this season and finishing with a pick in the 6-8 range.
    Considering that HOU let go of two well above average PG's in Dragic & Lowry who cost just about the same, I think just about anyone would have to say having Lin develop into an average PG is bombing. There's alot of pressure on the kid.

    Followed HOU throughout most of the preseason, I think Asik is a real good player though, as is Jones and Parsons.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    24,455
    vCash
    2502
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    Considering that HOU let go of two well above average PG's in Dragic & Lowry who cost just about the same, I think just about anyone would have to say having Lin develop into an average PG is bombing. There's alot of pressure on the kid.

    Followed HOU throughout most of the preseason, I think Asik is a real good player though, as is Jones and Parsons.
    But Lin is much younger than those players, so that's not really a fair assessment. The Rockets clearly opted to get younger and Lin fits their long-term plans far more than Lowry or Dragic. It's clear that this roster will be much better in three or four years and Lin will probably be a better basketball player by then than Lowry or Dragic.


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    H-Town/The Burgh
    Posts
    13,493
    vCash
    1500
    Well the problem there is he and Asik are only signed to 3 year deals. Say they both turn into star players by then, how do we afford them?

    Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    24,455
    vCash
    2502
    Quote Originally Posted by sep11ie View Post
    Well the problem there is he and Asik are only signed to 3 year deals. Say they both turn into star players by then, how do we afford them?
    Look at the Rockets contracts. They have hardly any money whatsoever locked up for that fourth year. So if Asik or Lin turn out to be great players, the Rockets should easily have the cap space to keep them. Morey hasn't done everything well as a GM, but you have to compliment the guy on how he's turned this team into one of the most flexible teams capwise after having crippling contracts in Yao and McGrady.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    H-Town/The Burgh
    Posts
    13,493
    vCash
    1500
    That means adding nobody(big name) in the meantime though.

    Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    HOUSTON
    Posts
    133
    vCash
    1500
    41-41

    patrick patterson wins most improved player award

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    409
    vCash
    1500
    I see us winning 25-30 games. K-Mart will avg 23ppg, Jones and D mo will force themselves into the rotation, K-Mart will go at the deadline for a vet big and a late first rounder/2nd rounder (unless he leaves with some rookies and picks in a superstar trade), Asik will be in most improved discussions
    C: Asik PF: PatPat SF: Parsons SG: Harden PG: Lin

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    In the depths of the Dunabi Jungle
    Posts
    11,264
    vCash
    1500
    all those predictions go right out the window!
    The Most Epic Thread EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Yea what is he thinking not wanting to drive next to or near drunk people. I have never met a more sheltered scaredy cat. As a hobby i find 10-15 homeless guys and give them lots of alcohol and play bumper cars all day but im normal.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    San Antonio TX
    Posts
    239
    vCash
    1500
    Yup deleted thread

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •