Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 91 to 98 of 98
  1. #91
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    27,720
    vCash
    2440
    i wouldn't call this team better than the one we had last season. However, it's a little unfair to judge them off 10 games.

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Peoria, IL
    Posts
    34,006
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by KHinrich12 View Post
    Agreed, but you have to go about things in the right way or else you just look like a troll when voicing that opposite opinion. Especially when it's a constant thing.
    Yes, but this has been going on for quite a while on both sides. There are some people in the minority opinion who blatantly get aggressive and resort to name-calling and accuse the majority of ganging up, when really, the majority is just...being a majority. People need to understand opinions aren't always going to be split 50/50.

    On the other side, there are some in the majority who are getting a bit holier-than-thou around here and if you don't agree with them, you get an instantly sarcastic or condescending response, which of course leads to more fighting.

    Either way, it's really getting to be not that fun to post around here anymore. I've been here since 2005, as has KH12, and KBG has been around a while as well. We've all had our share of disagreements and we're all still here. The point is, no one likes a hivemind forum. The term itself is an oxy-moron. A forum is a place to present your opinions in a respectful manner and to discuss them, not to put people down because they think differently than you.

    In fact, I like it better when there's dissension. It shows there are people that care a lot about the team and in the end, that's what builds the fanbase. Of course, when people feel strongly about their opinions, there's going to be arguing. (Which is why we're here ) But that doesn't mean you can get arrogant about your opinions. If everyone always had the right answer, obviously things would be a lot different. But as it is, people need to chill a bit on both sides. Just talk Bulls basketball and leave it at that.

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    452
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by kingbrentg View Post
    A few things.

    The troll comments are coming from a very small portion of people, and it does need to stop. Whether or not certain users cause trouble or not, it needs to just be reported and left for mods to handle. And I can't speak for every mod, but I know I don't read through every post on here. Reporting is the only way some things will be seen.

    This goes both ways though, as the other sides tend to often present their stances in sarcastic and baiting ways, and only showing up at opportune times to make remarks are not helping the matter. I'm not naming specific instances, but it has been a problem. Many have shown you can disagree respectfully, numerous times.

    And there are far more than 7 posters posting on this forum. It still remains one of the largest and most active forums on the site, especially for a team going through a rough spell without a former MVP player.

    And this thread's merit was built on the fact of Rose returning. It's pretty obvious that we're not going to be at the level we were last year at this point, with a widely new cast and without a former MVP. I understand both sides, but judging after 2 or 10 games isn't going to be accurate for either position, especially without Rose in the mix.
    It is very active but i tend to think thats because of the same seven people bashing anyone with anything different to say. But everything else u said i either agree with or hope others start to emulate. I enjoy shammys stats and how he presents his arguements, but hate how u get 14 posts after that about how he beat someone down lol. I mean even thibs said the othet day he uses eyes more than stats but here he would be a moron for saying that. Im just using an example of a frequent situation in hopes that we can have more discussion as opposed to "comment deleted" lol
    Last edited by emberblaze77; 11-19-2012 at 06:58 PM.

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    67,748
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by emberblaze77 View Post
    It is very active but i tend to think thats because of the same seven people bashing anyone with anything different to say. But everything else u said i either agree with or hope others start to emulate. From what ive seen you tend to be the most neutral and fair of the blue fonts
    I disagree on the first part. I think that's a bit overblown, but it is something I'll be keeping a close eye on both ways.

    Otherwise though, I agree and hope for the same. And thank you.

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    5
    vCash
    1500
    The Bulls offense has been a problem area all year and is compounded by the lack of long-distance shooting, I think they should work on that.

  6. #96
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Chicago- NW Side
    Posts
    203
    vCash
    1500
    It was a mistake giving Rip a 2 year deal, yet we go out and then give Kirk a 2 year deal. Smh

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The Windy City
    Posts
    56,231
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBulls311 View Post
    It was a mistake giving Rip a 2 year deal, yet we go out and then give Kirk a 2 year deal. Smh
    Neither deal will have any impact on our flexibility to sign a free agent as we won't have any cash until Kirk's (and Lu's) deal expires anyway.

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,068
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by KHinrich12 View Post
    Neither deal will have any impact on our flexibility to sign a free agent as we won't have any cash until Kirk's (and Lu's) deal expires anyway.
    One could argue that you have more cap space if/when Boozer is amnestied, but that point makes little sense considering there isn't a "max offer" calibre player available.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •