Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kingbrentg View Post
    I'm not expecting a top tier seed or to reclaim an ECF spot without a healthy Rose, but considering the lack of star power we currently have, I'm happy with how we've played.

Definitely. I'm just not ready to proclaim, "Oh, this team is BETTER than last year's."

Very well may be, but not something I will claim after 2 regular season games.

vCash
    But the season was over after a quarter why can't we say that team is better after 2 games?

vCash
    Because you don't want to become the very posters you detest. You're better than that.
    I got this

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiBulls4Life View Post
    It's been 2 games with a team that has a bunch of new players who have not fully established chemistry yet. They are only going to get better as they get more comfortable playing with each other yet they already look good right now hence the excitement.
    Again, it has been two games against two very subpar teams.

I like what I saw, but it's a long season with plenty of highs and lows.

Chemistry or not, we are bound to hit some moments of adversity and/or injuries. When that DOES happen, I wanna see how this team responds knowing that their leader won't be back til January or February at the earliest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kingbrentg View Post
    Of course it's been 2 games against lower rated teams. Not the point.

We're without Rose and having to form new chemistry with a largely new roster. So far I'm impressed with the way they've played together. The defense has been further along than I expected, and the ball movement has been very nice with such a new group together. That's going to be the key for this team to win games and position itself for a playoff spot.

I'm not expecting a top tier seed or to reclaim an ECF spot without a healthy Rose, but considering the lack of star power we currently have, I'm happy with how we've played.

And still, as I and many have said through the offseason, insert a healthy Rose back into this roster and I definitely think it's better overall than the past 2 seasons.
    No one is saying the play isn't impressive, but saying this team is better than last year is still a hastily made judgment. I don't think a fair judgment can be made til mid way through our December homestead at the earliest when we are past our annual circus roadtrip and have some home games afterwards.

In the end, the biggest concern for me is how this team will do when it goes cold. There were times against Sacramento where it looked VERY ugly. Wasn't the case yesterday, but it'll be interesting to see how consistent our offense can remain. I have zero concerns with our D.

As far as inserting a healthy Rose with this squad, we'll see. Personally, I'm not convinced it's better, at least no yet, but we'll see.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kozelkid View Post
    No one is saying the play isn't impressive, but saying this team is better than last year is still a hastily made judgment. I don't think a fair judgment can be made til mid way through our December homestead at the earliest when we are past our annual circus roadtrip and have some home games afterwards.

In the end, the biggest concern for me is how this team will do when it goes cold. There were times against Sacramento where it looked VERY ugly. Wasn't the case yesterday, but it'll be interesting to see how consistent our offense can remain. I have zero concerns with our D.

As far as inserting a healthy Rose with this squad, we'll see. Personally, I'm not convinced it's better, at least no yet, but we'll see.
    ok ok ok. I see what you mean here. Yea i was going off of potential based off of what I've seen from this team to start the season and late preseason. In that regard i agree with you.

vCash
    I'm with teakozy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosh View Post
    Definitely. I'm just not ready to proclaim, "Oh, this team is BETTER than last year's."

Very well may be, but not something I will claim after 2 regular season games.
    No of course not. Nothing will be concrete after 1 quarter or 2 games or 10, but I'm making a prediction based on the abilities and how I think they'd mesh. As well as the play we've seen from these guys in the past and so far this year.

Quote Originally Posted by kozelkid View Post

And I'm not saying it's already better and proven to be better either. I'm saying with the styles of play we can expect and have seen, that on paper this is a better team that the past seasons (if it included a healthy Rose). That's why I said "I think" that it's better overall. If everyone were to come together as expected and play to their regular capabilities, we have a far more dynamic offense now, and the defense isn't likely to be a concern as long as Thibs is around.

And of course going cold will be an issue. Without Rose that's always going to be an issue until we add a secondary player that can break down a defense consistently. I think our team last year was even scarier during cold streaks without Rose because the offense was so much more limited. Add in Marco, Kirk, Nazr, Nate, Jimmy over their counterparts that they've replaced and I don't think that's as big of a problem now. Along with how they've been able to move the ball so far, which will continue to be key.

But of course I don't think any of us can be completely convinced until we see it happen. But I'm pretty confident that it would be.

vCash
    Either guys falter when the star is out or they step up. In our case our players seem to be stepping up. That is a good thing because we are being underrated so our guys have something to prove.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

vCash
    why does two games matter no mater what side of the argument you're on? Can't you just look at the rosters and project instead of saying, "it's only been two games, slow you're roll."

Hinrich/Nate > Watson Lucas
    a healthy and contributing RIP+ Marco > injured RIP and KK
    Butler potentially > Brewer if not right now.

And Rose missed half of the shortened season last year yet the Bulls still won 50 which was good for the #1 seed. We shouldn't expect the #1 seed or 55+ wins, but there isn't a reason we shouldn't expect 50 wins, a division title and a top 3 seed. This team's only significant downgrade was losing Omer and replacing him with Nazr. Everything else has been an upgrade IMO.

vCash
    That won't be determined until the Bulls play some close, tough games.

Against SAC, the Kings self destructed and Boozer played awesome.

Who will be the next guy to step up? Last year, you could count on Derrick to pull the magic and bail the Bulls out of games they shouldn't have won. This year, we'll have to see if they Bulls can collectively find that guy during crucial moments of the game that will step up and make the right play.

That being said, Noah and Boozer look very good so far. Much less passive than they did last year. Having a healthy Rip Hamilton will solidify that SG position for another year. Deng looks shaky, and will probably be inconsistent with that wrist injury. Nate is going to be up and down. Sometimes you'll love him like Ben Gordon, sometimes you'll hate him like Janero Pargo. I like what Nazr Muhammed brings, but sometimes he's a turnstill for guys in the paint. Taj is really going to step up his offensive game (and limit his fouls) for me to think his contract is worth it. And Bellineli needs to prove that he can hit big shots when it counts. However, I do like the skills and talent that is on the bench, in comparison to last year (minus Asik, who I really miss).

vCash
    I understand the guy's point who posted this. For some reason people overreact to early season games in a way that absolutely blows my mind. We've won 2 games. The people who actually played of last year's Bulls carried us to the best record in the league two straight seasons. So let's calm down with saying this is a better overall team. Give them a few months then maybe it can be discussed. Don't get me wrong, throw Rose in and I love this team. I'm just saying that to say that they're better this year than last year is very premature. We beat the Kings and the Cavs not the Heat and the Thunder.

vCash
    I can't say we're better until I see Rose play with the team. I want to see how that affects Hinrich and Robinson's game.
    7-7
    15-6-2

"Protect your smile, and wear a mouth guard."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KHinrich12 View Post
    Been saying this all summer.
    same

vCash
    I have no problems conceding the team is better if they are winning games with Kirk/Rip hurt for a period of time.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast