Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 98
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    426
    vCash
    1500
    This year there are player who fit better with Derrick Rose because they can handle ball: Hinrich, Belinelli, Teague & Nate Robinson. The first two can play like SG on the court along with Rose perfectly.

    However, if we match Mohamed vs Asik and Butler vs Brewer, we must recognize that Bulls aren't better than last year due to the lack of defense skills.

    Yes, maybe Gibson play few minutes more than last year, and maybe Butler reach Brewer's level in few years, but this year I believe that Bulls' bench is worse.

    That doesn't mean, however, that Bulls' bench can't provide better outcome this year, I only analyze one-by-one players. When Rose return and Hinrich come back to the bench, it going to be better bench than last year in guard position, without any doubt.

    We urgently need a fourth big man as Radmanovic and Mohamed can play more than 10 minutes in a good NBA team. I don't even think what would happen if Noah, Boozer or Gibson are injured.

    Sign and trade with Hamilton is probably the best option for Bulls, preferably for a C-PF expiring contract like Mohamed, Radmanovic but a little bit better, please.
    I'm NBA fan who write from Spain so... I'm sorry for my spelling mistakes

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,816
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by monty77 View Post
    This year there are player who fit better with Derrick Rose because they can handle ball: Hinrich, Belinelli, Teague & Nate Robinson. The first two can play like SG on the court along with Rose perfectly.

    However, if we match Mohamed vs Asik and Butler vs Brewer, we must recognize that Bulls aren't better than last year due to the lack of defense skills.

    Yes, maybe Gibson play few minutes more than last year, and maybe Butler reach Brewer's level in few years, but this year I believe that Bulls' bench is worse.

    That doesn't mean, however, that Bulls' bench can't provide better outcome this year, I only analyze one-by-one players. When Rose return and Hinrich come back to the bench, it going to be better bench than last year in guard position, without any doubt.

    We urgently need a fourth big man as Radmanovic and Mohamed can play more than 10 minutes in a good NBA team. I don't even think what would happen if Noah, Boozer or Gibson are injured.

    Sign and trade with Hamilton is probably the best option for Bulls, preferably for a C-PF expiring contract like Mohamed, Radmanovic but a little bit better, please.
    I think its fair to say that Jimmy Butler is replacing R. Brewer without anyone asking where is Ronnie Brewer? He was definitely replaceable, and Jimmy Butler handles the ball better, is more athletic, and can drive to the basket better than Brewer.

    And N. Mohamed is doing his job! so far he's played solid defense! Not as many big plays and blocks as Asik, but he's playing solid D, and he's not fouling, while providing a little offense. Asik= no offense

    On top of that we added K. Hinrich, who upgraded our guard Defense. K. Hinrich, Nate Robinson = lockdown ball defense and steals. Rip Hamilton/L.Deng/ J. Butler ... all 6'8...long wing span, and run the floor on the break. Our team is better than last year man! And we still have M. Bellini and Radmanovic, who can knock down 3's.

    So what are we missing besides Rose? Nate Robinson is better than CJ Watson!..way more confident with the ball. This team is gonna flow alot better with Rose when he gets back.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Peoria, IL
    Posts
    34,006
    vCash
    1500
    All aboard the Kool-Aid train!

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    113
    vCash
    1500
    The team overall isn't better than last years but the "backcourt" has upside to be better than last years "backcourt". Even if the backcourt can improve, the Bulls signing of Kirk Hinrich instead of OJ Mayo was a pretty poor move which at this time it's reported that could have been an option for the Bulls had they not verbally agreed to a deal with Kirk Hinrich.

    Nazr Mohammed will never be a better fit than Omer Asik. Carlos Boozer struggling more than ever to the point that if he doesn't improve in the next 5 to 20 games, we have no choice but to bench him. The front court has been weakened.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,264
    vCash
    1500
    We still need to improve IMO. This thread was created way too early in to the season. Right now, we're not good as last year, but again too early to comment about this cuz the season just started. We still have a long way to go. Bench still needs to step it up, so do some starters.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    3,312
    vCash
    1500
    I miss Asik

    I understand that we had to let him go though.

    Personally I blame Boozer
    Quote Originally Posted by SwatTeam View Post
    If Lebron can stretch out his arm from half court and dunk on a buzzer beater to beat the monSTARS and save planet Earth from annihilation and forced slavery with Bill Murray and Newman from Seinfeld as his teammates, then he will be considered the GOAT.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Aurora, IL
    Posts
    7,113
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by boogydown View Post
    The team overall isn't better than last years but the "backcourt" has upside to be better than last years "backcourt". Even if the backcourt can improve, the Bulls signing of Kirk Hinrich instead of OJ Mayo was a pretty poor move which at this time it's reported that could have been an option for the Bulls had they not verbally agreed to a deal with Kirk Hinrich.
    Nazr Mohammed will never be a better fit than Omer Asik. Carlos Boozer struggling more than ever to the point that if he doesn't improve in the next 5 to 20 games, we have no choice but to bench him. The front court has been weakened.
    Where did you see that?

  8. #68
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,547
    vCash
    1500
    Nazr worse than Asik (can't believe people were excited about "that" journeyman). Butler worse than Brewer (sorry he's not going to all of a sudden become good). Marco worse than Korver. Kirk can't shoot anymore. Not sure this team is better even if Rose was healthy.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The Windy City
    Posts
    56,233
    vCash
    500
    Nobody was "excited" about Nazr. As a backup, the drop off doesn't matter much (not to mention that Taj gets most of Asik's minutes anyway). Where we'll miss Asik is if one of Booz/Jo/Taj gets hurt.

    Brewer is off to his typical hot start, that will die down as it usually does. Butler on his rookie deal > Brewer for $5 million. That's not even debatable. Jimmy has been killing it early on this year too, by the way. Jimmy getting minutes to develop/learn his/the game, that's invaluable.

    Korver and Marco are both having good starts to the year, Korver has been a little better but Marco brings more to the table than Korver does. Again, Marco is on a minimum deal and Korver is making $5 million.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    11,543
    vCash
    1500
    What's really crazy is Brewer makes less than Butler this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by effen5 View Post
    2 years ago, this team was worth 650 million dollars. Derrick Rose has played ten games since and now this team is worth a billion dollars. Clearly, it's Tom Thibodeu.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    454
    vCash
    1500
    This team looks horrible right now. No movement on offense when noah is out the game, the so called "upgraded bench" is downright deplorable at times, captian kirk needs to be discharged if this is where his game is at this point in his career and our fabled defense is falling apart. This is what myself and others feared this summer when we were all either banned or ganged up on in this forum but ten games in you see our concerns coming to the forefront. Hopefully we turn it around and get our ish together because we burned most of our assets last off season.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Baltimore now, but born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Posts
    6,716
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Ak_47 View Post
    We still need to improve IMO. This thread was created way too early in to the season. Right now, we're not good as last year, but again too early to comment about this cuz the season just started. We still have a long way to go. Bench still needs to step it up, so do some starters.
    I noticed in your gif sig that Noah Says bang bang for the right gun, bang for the left gun... then bang when he holsters them. Is he shooting himself in both feet?

    I agree this team is not better. When we lost Asik we lost our only decent true big man aside from Noah. And in Korver we lost our best outside shot. And Butler though he could be better than Brewer is not yet.I'm not saying we should have paid any of them what it would have cost... but we are not as good.
    Last edited by flips333; 11-19-2012 at 08:27 AM.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    454
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiBulls4Life View Post
    It's been 2 games with a team that has a bunch of new players who have not fully established chemistry yet. They are only going to get better as they get more comfortable playing with each other yet they already look good right now hence the excitement.
    Still excited or no?
    Last edited by emberblaze77; 11-19-2012 at 09:57 AM.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    454
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    I noticed in your gif sig that Noah Says bang bang for the right gun, bang for the left gun... then bang when he holsters them. Is he shooting himself in both feet?

    I agree this team is not better. When we lost Asik we lost our only decent true big man aside from Noah. And in Korver we lost our best outside shot. And Butler though he could be better than Brewer is not yet.I'm not saying we should have paid any of them what it would have cost... but we are not as good.
    I agree. With roses injury it would have been foolish to keep all those guys and depend on him to come back and be the offensive focal point immediately. But we definitely didnt upgrade like everyone wanted to believe. Our D is suspect and while we have potentially better offensive players it hasnt translated to the court yet. Saying we looked better "on paper" was untrue. We lost many vets with playoff experience and replaced them with journeymen, rookies and butler who has potential but is no where close to the defender brewer was for us at this point. Not very upgradey at all
    Last edited by emberblaze77; 11-19-2012 at 09:55 AM.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    316
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiSox219 View Post
    What's really crazy is Brewer makes less than Butler this year.
    whats really crazy is that brewer is a shooting guard that can't shoot or make free throws

    Go hard in the regular season, take a breather in the playoffs!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •