Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I feel like I'm choosing the best way to be murdered- a shot to the head or a shot to the chest. Ok maybe its not that bad. The truth is I like parts of both players game as well as hate parts of both players' game. Lou brings a lot of energy and has a scorers' mentality but dribbles too much,takes bad shots, is too small and doesn't play great D. Young is a great shooter and has average size for his position but shoots too much and doesn't drive enough.

I feel like both players have the capability to win games for their team or lose them as well. It just depends on the night and how the coach uses them. I feel like Lou was given too much leash last season. If DC is able to keep Young under control then he could be better than Lou....only time will tell.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post
    one other thing to point out about this, is that the sixers weren't playing against teams with good defenses in the playoffs last year. they weren't playing against teams with top 10 defenses in the playoffs last year. they were playing against the 2 best defenses in the NBA in the playoffs last season.

if that's the standard you're using to judge whether a player is overrated, there are going to be a lot of players you think are overrated.

also, what's being measured here isn't so much lou vs. nick young; it's lou, iggy, and meeks vs. young, richardson, and wright. collectively, this year's trio is almost undoubtedly going to be better than last year's, so young is almost certainly going to look better than williams.

but if you switched lou and nick young so that young was on last year's team and lou si on this year's, i think both teams would probably be worse. nick young wouldn't have the playmaking ability to thrive on a team with as little offensive ability as last year's sixers (he'd get his, but not very efficiently, and noone else would benefit), while if you added lou to this year's team, he's too ball dominant for wright and richardson to thrive alongside him.
    So jrues improvement in post season should be weighted more heavily? Just curious.
    Pay attention. You might learn something.

vCash
    So jrues improvement in post season should be weighted more heavily? Just curious.
    more heavily than what?

he had 14 points, 6 rebounds, and 11 assists in the season opener, and with lou and iggy gone, he has full run of the offense.

so, yeah, i'd expect quite a bit of improvement this year. i don't know that that has anything to do with 13 games from last postseason, though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86 View Post
    Corey brewer, robin lopez, anthony randolph. Jeremy lamb, joakim noah, kevin martin.... Who else?

All those guys would look good in sixer jerseys
    It's been 5 years, and you STILL haven't given up on Anthony Randolph yet?

That's dedication hydro I gotta tell ya.

vCash

Lou vs. N. Young

Let me know when he stops putting up good per/min numbers

OR....

Plays bad when givin a bigger role/minutes on a team.

Cause neither have happened yet

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Let me know when he stops putting up good per/min numbers

OR....

Plays bad when givin a bigger role/minutes on a team.

Cause neither have happened yet
    the fact that he's been with 4 teams in the last 4 years and hasn't gotten extended playing time with any of them is kind of an indication is it not?

he's a decent rebounder and a decent shotblocker, but he's only a 46% shooter from the floor, and while i do think he's a decent enough player, he's just not good enough to have the kind of fetish over him that you seem to.

vCash

Lou vs. N. Young

Im not gonna make excuses for him. I think hes a good player, and ive yet to see anything on the basketball court to make me think overwise.

Ill eat crow when he plays bad.... He hasnt yet

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    more heavily than what?

he had 14 points, 6 rebounds, and 11 assists in the season opener, and with lou and iggy gone, he has full run of the offense.

so, yeah, i'd expect quite a bit of improvement this year. i don't know that that has anything to do with 13 games from last postseason, though.
    Jrues number in the playoff were much better than the regular season. He played against the two best defenses. So I'm asking does he get a bonus for that since you were giving Lou a pass for wilting against same defenses?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86 View Post
    Im not gonna make excuses for him. I think hes a good player, and ive yet to see anything on the basketball court to make me think overwise.

Ill eat crow when he plays bad.... He hasnt yet
    Someone should tweet this. That's love yo! I'd love to see it come up on a halftime show.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86:24175253
    Corey brewer, robin lopez, anthony randolph. Jeremy lamb, joakim noah, kevin martin.... Who else?

All those guys would look good in sixer jerseys
    Classic. That team would be a dynasty.

vCash
    Jrues number in the playoff were much better than the regular season. He played against the two best defenses. So I'm asking does he get a bonus for that since you were giving Lou a pass for wilting against same defenses?
    one thing that most people -- be they statistically inclined or statistically ignorant -- don't understand is that past performance does not guarantee future results.

jrue could have gone 0 for the series against boston, and still come back this year to average 18 and 8 assists. likewise, jrue could have averaged 30 and 13 against boston, only to come back this season and put up 13 and 5.

when i think of projections, i think more in terms of range of outcomes. and when that's the basis for your expectations, what matters isn't so much the range of outcomes, which for the most part remains stagnant from year to year, what matters is the change in the likelihood of outcomes.

when you look at that, then no, jrue playing well in the playoffs last year does not significantly move the needle in any way.

vCash
    threads like this makes me not wabt to post around here. No matter what its complaining, or trade somebody or something. Smh poor fans on this site man

vCash
    one thing that most people -- be they statistically inclined or statistically ignorant -- don't understand is that past performance does not guarantee future results.

jrue could have gone 0 for the series against boston, and still come back this year to average 18 and 8 assists. likewise, jrue could have averaged 30 and 13 against boston, only to come back this season and put up 13 and 5.

when i think of projections, i think more in terms of range of outcomes. and when that's the basis for your expectations, what matters isn't so much the range of outcomes, which for the most part remains stagnant from year to year, what matters is the change in the likelihood of outcomes.

when you look at that, then no, jrue playing well in the playoffs last year does not significantly move the needle in any way.
    Okaaaaay...way over my head. I was talking about basketball. However there seems to be a double standard.

vCash
    Okaaaaay...way over my head. I was talking about basketball. However there seems to be a double standard.
    from the previous post:
    no, jrue playing well in the playoffs last year does not significantly move the needle in any way.
    i'd say that's very consistent with my position on lou williams, which is, essentially:

no, lou playing poorly in the playoffs last year does not significantly move the needle in any way.

also, your signature seems kind of ironic at the moment:
    "Pay attention. You might learn something."

vCash
    Well why did you bother mentioning that those were the two best defenses in the nba? That's odd, I mean if it doesn't mean anything and all.

Because you were trying to make the point that you can't judge Lou on those games. They'd make a lot of players look bad. That standard is too high.

Am I right?

So I took the converse. Well what if a player performs better on the bigger stage against strong defenses. What does that say about said player? Your response is "nothing".

So lets go back around to why did you even bring it up?

You better read my sig again.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast