Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    It was apparent by how quickly he signed after sixer talks fell through that he didn't value himself all that highly either. I tend to think the Sixers just said they made Lou an offer to help keep his value up as a friendly gesture. I have no proof but it was very fishy with how quickly he signed for less than he was supposedly offered.

Also it's interesting that when I was pooing Lou when "he's our best scorer" I received so much resistance on here. Now it's like everyone all of a sudden knew he sucked (for this team).

They same will be felt about iguodala real soon.
    Pay attention. You might learn something.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86 View Post
    U are aware that im not a nick young fan or a lou williams fan, right?

Ure basically comparing whats worse.... Milk a few days past its expiration date or a slightly soft/browned apple.

Can you explain how you can be taken seriously as an objective poster...while comparing last year's second place 6th Man of the Year; the Sixers' leading scorer...to old milk and bad apples.

Is there a chance...a chance mind you...that you are just a hater?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wannabGM View Post
    But NYoung is willing to do what Lou wouldn't, .

namely?

vCash
    Not initiate the half court offense.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    When you go out of the way just to hate...no one takes you seriously.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MylesKong View Post
    It was apparent by how quickly he signed after sixer talks fell through that he didn't value himself all that highly either. I tend to think the Sixers just said they made Lou an offer to help keep his value up as a friendly gesture. I have no proof but it was very fishy with how quickly he signed for less than he was supposedly offered.

Also it's interesting that when I was pooing Lou when "he's our best scorer" I received so much resistance on here. Now it's like everyone all of a sudden knew he sucked (for this team).

They same will be felt about iguodala real soon.
    I think Lou's agent was telling him the market just wasn't there. Undersized scoring guards off the bench are just in a smaller market due to supply and demand. He also displayed in the playoffs that his regular season numbers and role were both a bit inflated. Going two rounds in the playoffs against tougher defenses tend to expose a player for what he is. If Lou didn't want to take at least a quick stab into the market, I do believe the Sixers would have re-signed him.....for probably a little more than he got. But the Sixers found other opportunities on shorter contracts and went with them instead.

Iguodala will be missed (on the court....not by the fans) more than Lou. I wouldn't compare the two.
    Last edited by wannabGM; 11-03-2012 at 03:12 PM.

vCash
    Not initiate the half court offense.
    what? what does THAT mean?

vCash
    He also displayed in the playoffs that his regular season numbers and role were both a bit inflated.
    So his 64 regular season games were misleading compared to his 13 playoff games.

Hahaha.

I see...

Any impressive analytics to explain how his PPG, during his career, for both regular season and playoffs, are exactly the same?

Going two rounds in the playoffs against tougher defenses tend to expose a player for what he is.

Hmmm. Any chance the TEAM was exposed for what it was? A squad with but ONE true scorer? And that...if shut down...the team would be less potent?

I wonder.....just wonder......if maybe it may have been THAT instead of that thing you said.

Unbelievable.

Iguodala will be missed (on the court....not by the fans) more than Lou. I wouldn't compare the two.
    Than why did you just do exactly that.

vCash
    You have a blind spot on this issue. To your points:

1) If you can't see that the regular season....especially depending on what roles the coach puts the players in....isn't a different game than the post season, then I think you need to hand in your former Bball coach certificate.

2) You are a self described coach who watches the game more than the stats. If you really have to dig as deep as ppg for career in playoffs vs. regular season when that includes various rosters, various coaches, and various roles....when what we are talking about is Lou's role on this team and his performance these last two years regular season vs. playoffs under this coach with this roster....then you are hurting your own argument by pulling up such a weak stat. Stick to what you are good at.

3) Because Myles seems to be indicating that losing Iguodala is a net positive for this roster (even without Bynum) as is losing Lou. That is flat out wrong.

vCash
    I personally think on the court will be a wash. Namely both are going to fit their roll nicely and do what's needed.

Lou will always be a streaky 'instant' offense on ball guy. He will always be an undersized scorer that if you want the good you have to take the lumps.

Nick young will fill nicely as an off ball complimentary player. The role for young is different from what Lou was asked to do for us.

The difference is on the defensive side. Lou's smaller stature was a limitation. N.Young will allow more switching and versatility. That's what DC values. He's said it multiple times.

Where we gain a big advantage is off court. Nick young is generally known as a nice likable guy.

Lou was know as a bit of a dick and was rumored for having slept with much of the WFC female staff then get them fired for harassment. Heck I wouldn't be surprised if a few paternity lawsuits pop up.
    DO NOT TRUST YOUR PETS TO NEMACOLIN WOODLANDS KENNEL

On 7/20/14 we took our Calla and Pebble for a stay while on vacation. On 7/21 Calla, who is diabetic, was given 10x her insulin dosage. She wasn't found until 12 hours after being overdosed. After a week and a half of suffering we made the tough decision to put her down because of brain damage and a lack of a quality of life. She was only 7 and her breed lives until their 20's. Over half of our beloved Calla's life was stolen from us.

vCash
    I think Lou's agent was telling him the market just wasn't there. Undersized scoring guards off the bench are just in a smaller market due to supply and demand. He also displayed in the playoffs that his regular season numbers and role were both a bit inflated. Going two rounds in the playoffs against tougher defenses tend to expose a player for what he is. If Lou didn't want to take at least a quick stab into the market, I do believe the Sixers would have re-signed him.....for probably a little more than he got. But the Sixers found other opportunities on shorter contracts and went with them instead.

One reason why I think differently is they said they wanted to get longer on the outside. They did. Lou wouldn't have helped that area. It served them better to find guys to play off the primary ball handler.

I have to compare the two. They were the thorns in my side last season. Lets see how that dude does against lebron/wade tonight. The big question everyone has about our defense. I believe our scheme made him look better than he made our defense look. We'll see.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86 View Post
    U are aware that im not a nick young fan or a lou williams fan, right?

Ure basically comparing whats worse.... Milk a few days past its expiration date or a slightly soft/browned apple.

Can you explain how you can be taken seriously as an objective poster...while comparing last year's second place 6th Man of the Year; the Sixers' leading scorer...to old milk and bad apples.

Is there a chance...a chance mind you...that you are just a hater?
    Nope, how can i be a hater when i like most players.... If lou played winning basketball id like him too, but he doesnt. Lou plays comeback basketball, and then losing basketball. Never winning basketball.

Now, can u explain to me how u can be taken seriously as an objective poster when u literally just delete points from peoples posts because u have no response to them?

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Hydro ain't no hater. Probably more of a lover, and boy when he falls for a guy, you ARE most definitely gonna hear about him...a lot.

vCash

Lou vs. N. Young

Corey brewer, robin lopez, anthony randolph. Jeremy lamb, joakim noah, kevin martin.... Who else?

All those guys would look good in sixer jerseys

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    He also displayed in the playoffs that his regular season numbers and role were both a bit inflated.
    one other thing to point out about this, is that the sixers weren't playing against teams with good defenses in the playoffs last year. they weren't playing against teams with top 10 defenses in the playoffs last year. they were playing against the 2 best defenses in the NBA in the playoffs last season.

if that's the standard you're using to judge whether a player is overrated, there are going to be a lot of players you think are overrated.

also, what's being measured here isn't so much lou vs. nick young; it's lou, iggy, and meeks vs. young, richardson, and wright. collectively, this year's trio is almost undoubtedly going to be better than last year's, so young is almost certainly going to look better than williams.

but if you switched lou and nick young so that young was on last year's team and lou si on this year's, i think both teams would probably be worse. nick young wouldn't have the playmaking ability to thrive on a team with as little offensive ability as last year's sixers (he'd get his, but not very efficiently, and noone else would benefit), while if you added lou to this year's team, he's too ball dominant for wright and richardson to thrive alongside him.

vCash
    Nick Young is signed to a one year deal, unlike Lou, and is not as ball dominant as Lou is. Their is no downside to his acquisition to me. Is he the complete offensive player that Lou is? No, but he is a 10x better shooter and is competent defensively.

Lou was a mismatch every time he took the court as he wasn't a PG, couldn't guard bigger guards (or players with any offensive skill), and had problems dealing with length, but due to Jrue being able to guard the better 1s and 2s, we could manage those problems.

Nick, at 6-7, doesn't have those same problems defensively. He will go on stretches where he is frustrating to us and the opposing team. Overall, he is a lethal shooter and if DC can get him to take good shots, he could definitely be a nice contributing factor to this team.

Lou is a good player, but I was happy we decided to move on as his style of play was infuriating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hinkie
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast