Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Lou vs. N. Young

An interesting comparison to follow this year. I'm wondering if Sixers fans tend to think things are 'greener on the other side'.

Most basketball experts like Lou Williams (and how he handles his role). I don't hear the same things about Nick Young, I have to say.

I really hated everything about Nick's first game; so we'll see.

Anyway...in Lou's debut he scored a team high 22, 40% from beyond, 5 assists, 3 steals, and had the highest +/- on the team. Albeit in a loss.

Nick Young had 9 points, was 33% from long range, zero assists (not a typo), 3 rebounds and a steal. His team did win.

I'll monitor this super-interesting comparison closely.

vCash
    How about that James Harden... he's the next Jordan isn't he. And Verejao he's lil an old Wilt and those Lakers they are going to break the Bobcats record that they set last season.

C'mon Ricky its ONE game. Lou Williams is a better player than Nick Young most knowledgeable fans would tell you that but that doesn't mean that he's right for this team. Nick Young is was and will always be a better shooter than Lou and right now that's what we need to compliment our staff shooters.

Honestly for someone who claims to have coached BBall or what the hell ever it is you did this thread is just another that paints a horrendous picture of you. All things considered it was the right move not only for now but for the future.

If you complained about us not trading Evan and Jrue for Harden I'd be fine but this. C'mon.

vCash

Lou vs. N. Young

Lou is and always was a better player than nick young.

Lous game is built to lose, so im glad hes gone.

Lou could change a few aspects of him game and change that, but he hasnt yet.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86 View Post
    Lou is and always was a better player than nick young.

Lous game is built to lose, so im glad hes gone.

Lou could change a few aspects of him game and change that, but he hasnt yet.
    That IMO is an ignorant statement. Place Lou under coach Pop in that SA system and you'd certainly be singing a different tune.

vCash

Lou vs. N. Young

Probably. Because pop would have changed those aspects of lous game. Lol. Pop would prob do the same things id do.

And lou would be behind a few playera as far as ball handling and scoring are concerned in SA

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Overreact much?

Quote Originally Posted by Swashcuff View Post
    How about that James Harden... he's the next Jordan isn't he. And Verejao he's lil an old Wilt and those Lakers they are going to break the Bobcats record that they set last season.
    ...what do any of the irrelevant statements have to do with my comparing two current players? Seems like an exercise we Sixer fans would be curious about.

Lou Williams is a better player than Nick Young most knowledgeable fans would tell you that but that doesn't mean that he's right for this team.

By saying that Lou isn't right for this team, you seem to indicate that Nick Young IS. Explain.

If you complained about us not trading Evan and Jrue for Harden I'd be fine but this. C'mon.
    The day is still young.

vCash

Lou vs. N. Young

Saying that lou isnt right for this team doesnt make n young good or the right guy for this team....

If lou played off the ball and took better shots he should have been our starter last year.... If lou played more under control and played off the ball, hed have been a very nice 2-guard playing with holiday, and wed have probably won the division and the boston series.

Problem is lou doesnt do that, and combined with his horrid defense, hes not as productive as his EMPTY numbers suggest. Last night lou did what hes great at: which is scoring a lot when his team is down.... Problem woth lou is and always has been his inability to change his game once the score is more manageable and he ends up playing terrible basketball once the defense keys in on him.

Ill equate lou to evan turner.... There are things they can do, but they just dont.

As for nick young, im not a fan.... Our 2 guard spot is quite pathetic.... As it was last year as well.

As for n young vs. lou..... Ill prefer young on this team because i believe lou was an overall negative
    Last edited by BChydro86; 11-03-2012 at 11:59 AM.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash

As for n young vs. lou..... Ill prefer young on this team because i believe lou was an overall negative
    ...and so, in fairness, please list below all the things which make Young your preferred bench scorer.

Please use a separate sheet of paper if you run out of room.

vCash

Lou vs. N. Young

Nick young doesnt dribble around.

The shot selecetion is the same, so thats a wash

Nick young is probably a better spot up shooter

Hes 5 inches taller

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash

Lou vs. N. Young

Also, i love how u basically ignore all my points against lou (as u always have) and cut out the segment of a post thats easiest for u to question opposed to respond to (as u always do)

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash

Hes 5 inches taller
    excellent arguments. and so I guess we will just have to wait and see... please visit this thread often. I will monitor the comparison and provide updates.

you should have nothing to worry about, I wouldn't think. just like in the other comparison thread between Evan Turner and Jason Richardson.

vCash

Lou vs. N. Young

U are aware that im not a nick young fan or a lou williams fan, right? Literally dislike both of their games.... So ur not gonna get a very strong argument in favor of nick young from me.

The same way that evan turner being bad doesnt make jrich good.... Jrich is still bad irregardless of turner being bad.

Ure basically comparing whats worse.... Milk a few days past its expiration date or a slightly soft/browned apple.

Probably should throw em both away.... No point arguing which one is better.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash

Hes 5 inches taller
    Good answers! Good answers! *Family feud style*
    Pay attention. You might learn something.

vCash

Hes 5 inches taller
    Pretty much this.

And also, unrelated to basketball, fans just tend to get tired of the same old, and it's refreshing to see some fresh blood after a while. Even if he's not necessarily an upgrade, some people were just getting sick of seeing Lou in a Sixers uni.

Logical or not, it is what it is. You can make all the arguments you want about Lou being a better player, most people won't care about that.

vCash
    In my eyes for this Sixers team some of Lou's best games for the Sixers were early in last season when he briefly played more off the ball. He'd sometimes shoot only 4-10, wouldn't explode the stat line, or get the recognition in those games. But he improved the Sixers odds of winning without holding others back when he played off the ball.

If he'd do that consistently, then I'd have been maybe ok with keeping him around.

NYoung and Lou are both chuckers. Lou could be better than NYoung. But NYoung is willing to do what Lou wouldn't, and he's a flat out more dangerous shooter from the deep perimeter. I wouldn't have signed NYoung. I wouldn't have considered it for even a minute if I were the Sixers GM. But sadly he is better for this team than Lou Williams. That's not a grand compliment.

The things on the offensive end of the floor that were horrible for this franchise (particularly late in games) that Lou did were exacerbated by a coach who not only allowed, but seemed to encourage it. I have to give GM's throughout the league some credit. They didn't make the mistake of overvaluing Lou on the market the way some in this forum did, and the way much of the Philly sports media did.
    Last edited by wannabGM; 11-03-2012 at 02:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    When you go out of the way just to hate...no one takes you seriously.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast