Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Lavy16 is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash
    Sounds like Eakins is sitting Nazem Kadri and Joe Colborne tonight due to their poor play of late. Not going to help their chances of making the big club if the strike gets resolved.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Halladay View Post
    Solid yes, but Burke made some pretty significant moves to make that team a cup contender and I'm not sure how that's relevant to Carlyles teams ability to score like you were trying to say.
    Burke made 1 move and the Ducks were a Cup contender before that move. He acquired Chris Pronger. I wouldn't consider the acquisitions of Brad May, George Parros and Richard Jackman anything of significance. May was the only player who actually dressed for the playoffs regularly and he had 1 assist in 18 games. You could argue the year before he acquired Chris Kunitz and Francois Beaucheman, but the core of the team was already there when he took over (Selanne, McDonald, Niedermayer, Getzlaf, Perry, Pahlsson, Giguere, Moen, Penner etc). Burke inherited a Cup contender, he didn't build one.

vCash
    Solid yes, but Burke made some pretty significant moves to make that team a cup contender and I'm not sure how that's relevant to Carlyles teams ability to score like you were trying to say.
    My reference to Carlyle here was the fact he inherited some really good players when he took over the Ducks unlike what he has in Toronto. The skill level on those Ducks teams compared to Toronto is like comparing the NHL and AHL. My point is that I don't see the Leafs scoring a lot of goals playing Carlyle's system due to the lack of offensive talent they already have. The majority of those Ducks players were natural scores and play makers. The Leafs have Kessel and I bet his numbers dimish under Carlyle's system.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavy16 View Post
    Burke made 1 move and the Ducks were a Cup contender before that move. He acquired Chris Pronger. I wouldn't consider the acquisitions of Brad May, George Parros and Richard Jackman anything of significance. May was the only player who actually dressed for the playoffs regularly and he had 1 assist in 18 games. You could argue the year before he acquired Chris Kunitz and Francois Beaucheman, but the core of the team was already there when he took over (Selanne, McDonald, Niedermayer, Getzlaf, Perry, Pahlsson, Giguere, Moen, Penner etc). Burke inherited a Cup contender, he didn't build one.
    No, he was not handed a cup team. You do realize Niedermayer was signed by Burke right? he wasn't there before and was certainly had a huge impact in the cup run. He traded for Beauchemin and Pronger. That's 3 of the 4 top dmen on a cup team brought in. And no, Selanne was not their before, he was in Colorado and Burke signed him too after the lockout. He also picked up Moen and Marchant, two pretty key role players on that team. You also realize that Perry was a rookie too right? Perry had just over 40 points that season, not exactly the big impact that so many Burke haters like to imply. To actually believe Burke inherited a cup team is insane.

vCash
    No, he was not handed a cup team. You do realize Niedermayer was signed by Burke right? he wasn't there before and was certainly had a huge impact in the cup run. He traded for Beauchemin and Pronger. That's 3 of the 4 top dmen on a cup team brought in. And no, Selanne was not their before, he was in Colorado and Burke signed him too after the lockout. He also picked up Moen and Marchant, two pretty key role players on that team. You also realize that Perry was a rookie too right? Perry had just over 40 points that season, not exactly the big impact that so many Burke haters like to imply. To actually believe Burke inherited a cup team is insane.
    Perry was in his second season in the NHL and was 2nd on the team in scoring during their Cup run behind Ryan Getzlaf. I'd say that makes him an impact player for sure.

vCash
    Perry was in his second season in the NHL and was 2nd on the team in scoring during their Cup run behind Ryan Getzlaf. I'd say that makes him an impact player for sure.
    Did you seriously just highlight that and ignore the rest of my post in which I proved you were completely wrong? Perry had a good playoff run and a meh regular season, it was his sophomore season but still, the fact that you ignored everything else I said is ridiculous.

vCash
    Did you seriously just highlight that and ignore the rest of my post in which I proved you were completely wrong? Perry had a good playoff run and a meh regular season, it was his sophomore season but still, the fact that you ignored everything else I said is ridiculous.
    Just responded to the part I knew right away...have a few other things going on keeping me busy right now...I was off by a year when Burke was hired by Anaheim and didn't realize he signed Niedermayer (to less money that offered by the Devils because he wanted to play with is brother) and Selanne (took a year off for knee surgery and had a horrible season with the Avs the year before). He did add some key pieces, but he also had a great core to build around. Unlike what he has in Toronto.

vCash
    3-0 Marlies win tonight

vCash
    Just responded to the part I knew right away...have a few other things going on keeping me busy right now...I was off by a year when Burke was hired by Anaheim and didn't realize he signed Niedermayer (to less money that offered by the Devils because he wanted to play with is brother) and Selanne (took a year off for knee surgery and had a horrible season with the Avs the year before). He did add some key pieces, but he also had a great core to build around. Unlike what he has in Toronto.
    I knew Perry had played some NHL games before that but I thought he was only up for a cup of coffee. Point is, Burke brought in two HOF dmen and another second pairing dman. Pretty safe to say they don't win the cup without those guys.

vCash
    I knew Perry had played some NHL games before that but I thought he was only up for a cup of coffee. Point is, Burke brought in two HOF dmen and another second pairing dman. Pretty safe to say they don't win the cup without those guys.
    Talk about being in the right place at the right time...one of the HOF d-man wants to sign for a discount so he can play with his brother and the other has an affair on his wife and she demands a trade.

vCash
    Talk about being in the right place at the right time...one of the HOF d-man wants to sign for a discount so he can play with his brother and the other has an affair on his wife and she demands a trade.
    Yup, better discredit him to save face. Not that I'm shocked here.

vCash
    Yup, better discredit him to save face. Not that I'm shocked here.
    Discredit who? The Ducks for having to HOF d-man land in their laps because of freak situations? What ever it takes to win and if getting players because of siblings or climate works all the power to you.

vCash
    Hard to believe we could of had Pronger if JFJ would of traded Alex Steen and Tomas Kaberle.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingerSoxMaster View Post
    Hard to believe we could of had Pronger if JFJ would of traded Alex Steen and Tomas Kaberle.
    Wasn't Steen thougt of as being untouchable back then?

vCash
    Steen was one of my fav players

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast