Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Toronto Maple Leafs First Hockey Team Worth 1 Billion

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl...4234--nhl.html

In the midst of a lock-out, maybe we can discuss this?
    "Toronto Maple Leafs are first NHL team worth $1 billion, or $870 million more than St. Louis"

Things will always work out in the end, but if you want them to turn out a certain way... You need to make it happen.

vCash
    Well, I guess it's one bright spot after all the bs we've been through.

Lavy16 is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash
    It's kind of embarassing if you think how much the team is worth compared to their success on the ice in the past 40 plus years

vCash
    What's embarassing is this entire league and how it's run. We the Leafs, in that article, are worth more than I think it was 5 or 6 teams combined. Not to mention the fact that in one of the articles I read it said that Toronto, NYR and Montreal made 83% o the leagues income. If you want to learn how to run a league *** backwards follow this league. You look at some of the markets this league is in and the fight they're putting up to keep them there where they continue to lose money is insane. The sooner they realize this league can't run healthily with 30 teams the better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavy16 View Post
    It's kind of embarassing if you think how much the team is worth compared to their success on the ice in the past 40 plus years
    ...along with the Rangers and Habs, Toronto was responsible for over 80% of the league’s income.
    No, that's embarrassing.

vCash
    I think bettman would agree with u 100% it cant run successfully with 30 teams it can only run succeasfully with 32.

"A friend in need is a friend to avoid"

vCash
    Yeah a team in Sarasota Fla and another in Corpus Christie Texas might do

vCash
    The evil empire

Things will always work out in the end, but if you want them to turn out a certain way... You need to make it happen.

vCash
    The Leafs are worth a billion yet this league and it's players are fighting over scraps compared to that figure. Why am I supposed to feel sorry for any of these greedy people again?

vCash
    It's honestly time for some of these owners like MLSE and like Molson in Montreal ect. to stand up to guys like Leipold and Jeremy toucan Sam Jacobs who are trying to reduce the players to being the same as greyhounds for god's sake. This is the second lockout in a row this Jacobs idiot keeps in Bettman's ear. I'm getting to the dangerous point where I don't care. I'm not there yet but if I'm pushed that far it's getting insanely bad. Incredibly bad lol. These guys have the game in NA by the throat and they continue to squeeze without realizing eventually the air is going to run out. Hopefully my only lockout rant of the day. Been doing my best not even to mention it.