Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JackB View Post
    Shyfly, We talked about this last year. Do you know 100% that he hasn't tried to make a trade? You just assume. Because you don't like him. Plus what are we going to trade ? You aren't happy with our players. Maybe GM's don't like them either. Maybe we just don't match up with anybody right now.
    And honestly. If you are a solid free agent player. Do you want to wallow in the bottom of the league ? Sure you will ge your money but these guys want more. They want to win. Winning brings them more money.
    Its easy to throw somebody under the bus. But you had to know this team wasn't going to win anything again this year.
    As far as having leads and holding onto them? Thats what this type of team does. They don't know how to play four quarters. Teams take advantage of that. Its all part of learning to play together.
    I'm not saying to tank on purpose. I did say I want to win. But I'm expecting this type of performance this year . I didn't come into this season with high hopes. Anybody that did has been living in a cave. We didn't do nearly enough to improve enough to take that next step.
    Yes isn't going to be another frustrating year. I said last year I was expecting it. I also said it didn't matter as long as our long players show signs of improving.
    Thats all I expect this year. A modest improvement . Hopefully we trade Prince and somebody else before or at the deadline. If not thats the way it is. We finish with what we have.
    Really jackb?, how about the trade proposal of rondo and ray allen (expiring) for Hamilton (who were still paying btw), Prince (who everyone wants gone) and Stuckey (). Really? Joe D was offered this trade and he being the clueless GM he is, turned it down cause he felt like that lineup will win something. Unreal!
    Stop acting like he never got a trade proposal or act like he is trying. He has the record of going the longest w/o making any significant moves cause he feels like this same crap team will somehow win. Its who he is!

Really? It was the big talk from everyone that got everyone thinking its finally the year to win

and our bench is the one keeping us in games, but will frank put some of those players into the starting lineup? No cause he doesnt' have the balls to bench Prince, stuckey and maxiel for players who deserve it.

So we have a chance of winning its just bone headed decisions that is causing us to lose

vCash
    I think it was Karen Davidson who turned that Rondo/Allen trade down.

Dathomir Rancors (2-1)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GunFactor007 View Post
    I think it was Karen Davidson who turned that Rondo/Allen trade down.
    Karen Davidson had absolutely nothing to do w/ this trade being turned down. The talks started w/ the boston officials talking to one of our "lower end" ones and had Joe D's blessings to turn this trade down and not even discuss it.

They didn't even consider it, it was automatically shut down.

And why would Karen reject this trade when they would be saving a ton of money?

vCash
    Guess you'll have to ask her.
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

vCash
    I remember everyone at work laughing at that trade back in the day including me.If we could only go back knowing what we know now.

vCash
    Valid points. But whats with Stuckey so far, only 3 games in but still I thought he was working hard in the off-season and I guess it didn't improve anything. I cant wait to see some of these guys off this team for good.

vCash
    Only three games in and I already seem to have lost my pre-season excitement with this team. They don't seem cohesive together and it sure makes it look bad. The only time there seems to be excitement is when you have Drum, Jonas, and Singler out there together. Hope Frank gets a plan together fast for these youngsters or he's going to lose them.

BTW, when we do start to trade the vet's we need to get picks back and not worry about the money saved. No free agents are going to come here any time soon so let's build picks, trade picks, and not worry about free agents just yet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JackB View Post
    Guess you'll have to ask her.
    No I don't have to ask her, it was all over the articles at the time of this deal. Joe Dumars didn't even want to discuss this trade thats why it never went up to him.

I gave you facts, you provide me w/ opinions ... who is more right on this

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12