Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

After Two Games (trending)

Alright, after two games, we've been competitive and I like that but here's some items I see as troubling and that we'll need to fix by next year:

1. Our defensive play is horrible when Drum, Sig, and Jonas aren't on the floor. We've let two guards kill us and a big guy in each game kill us on the boards. They have to figure that out or were going to lose a ton because of it.

2. Man do we need a shooting guard. Stuckey seems to be fixated on trying to shoot 3's now and that's not his game (as evidence he hasn't made one in the regular season and he's shooting like 20% overall). If we can get a shooter out there to spread the floor a bit then we can blossom as an offense.

3. Drummond needs more minutes. The kid changes the flow of the game for us when he's in there. I think they need to push him up to at least 25 a night. Mix him in there with Monroe and Jerebko. Just get him in.

4. I really think Meggette won't make difference when he comes back. He's basically the same type of player as Stuckey and we need and outside shooter. If Stuckey continues to play as bad as he has then Meggette will help but he won't change our offense like we need it.

5. Can't wait till we get Max, Prince, Stuckey, Daye, and CV off this team. Even though Max and Prince have been alright, I love seeing the younger guys out there and getting more minutes.

This team is playing competitive basketball so we are headed in the right direction!

vCash

Archie Goodwin

Remember this name for the draft and for our SG position:

Archie Goodwin, G, Kentucky

Out of all the talented freshman that Kentucky has he will be the one that steps it up and is the prime rib of the draft. The thing is with all the great centers coming out he will drop right in our laps for the draft.

vCash
    i wana see how they play if english starts
    POP! POP!

vCash
    with the way Stuckey is playing on offense and defense, English deserves the start. Its been a while since I've posted .
    Drummond needs more minutes! Big guys last night man handled maxiell.

vCash
    It's hard to win when the backcourt is struggling to score. Knight still managed to get a double-double last night but Stuckey was horrid. Moose was pretty bad too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hoog View Post
    Alright, after two games, we've been competitive and I like that but here's some items I see as troubling and that we'll need to fix by next year:

1. Our defensive play is horrible when Drum, Sig, and Jonas aren't on the floor. We've let two guards kill us and a big guy in each game kill us on the boards. They have to figure that out or were going to lose a ton because of it.

2. Man do we need a shooting guard. Stuckey seems to be fixated on trying to shoot 3's now and that's not his game (as evidence he hasn't made one in the regular season and he's shooting like 20% overall). If we can get a shooter out there to spread the floor a bit then we can blossom as an offense.

3. Drummond needs more minutes. The kid changes the flow of the game for us when he's in there. I think they need to push him up to at least 25 a night. Mix him in there with Monroe and Jerebko. Just get him in.

4. I really think Meggette won't make difference when he comes back. He's basically the same type of player as Stuckey and we need and outside shooter. If Stuckey continues to play as bad as he has then Meggette will help but he won't change our offense like we need it.

5. Can't wait till we get Max, Prince, Stuckey, Daye, and CV off this team. Even though Max and Prince have been alright, I love seeing the younger guys out there and getting more minutes.

This team is playing competitive basketball so we are headed in the right direction!
    What makes you think Joe D won't sign all those players to a contract extension? He's done it w/ hamilton and didn't learn his lesson by doing it w/ prince.

Watch him do it again to keep the streak alive

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorin564 View Post
    with the way Stuckey is playing on offense and defense, English deserves the start. Its been a while since I've posted .
    Drummond needs more minutes! Big guys last night man handled maxiell.
    Sorin!

vCash
    Lets put it this way. Many of you are pissed because we have lost our first two games. Yet we all realize we probably won't make the playoffs. And if we do chances are good we sneak in as the 8th team and get bounced by Miami. But if we make the playoffs what pick will we get? Not a good one for sure. But if we don't make the playoffs and chances we won't we get a better pick.
    Now tell me. Would you rather play Miami in the playoffs or have a shot at a top 5 pick in the draft?
    And honestly. Trying to be unbiased. Do you really think this is a playoff team? I know don't. Why cry and moan about losing when its clearly expected? We don't have the players to compete night in and night out. Take the wins when we get them and don't worryabout the losing. In my mind its a positive thing. No that I like losing. If we had a solid competitive team YES I would be upset when we lose. But 2 games into season with a team that maybe only a little bit better than last year is crazy.
    So what does it matter if we go 35-47 or 25-57 ? Answer . Probably 4-5 spots in the draft.
    We re in the rebuilding mode. We are suppose to lose. We don't have a team full of stars.
    Come to terms with it and you'll be better off.
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

vCash
    I understand the talk about why not lose and get a better draft pick because we wont beat miami anyway.
    The problem I have had with this team thus far this season is that they have held 10+ point leads and lost. Neither team we lost to is that good of a team either. Its teams we should beat and the only way we will ever get competitive is to finish out these games. The players we have now need to win some games so they dont just become career losers. Trust me I know when you keep losing and become accustomed to it, it doesnt get to u much after a while.

AAP: Kim English

vCash
    Look how fat Joe Dumars looks in that pic. Maybe if he was more active in the trade market he wouldn't look like he's hoarding a bunch of basketballs in that car cover he has on

point is, make a trade!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JackB View Post
    Lets put it this way. Many of you are pissed because we have lost our first two games. Yet we all realize we probably won't make the playoffs. And if we do chances are good we sneak in as the 8th team and get bounced by Miami. But if we make the playoffs what pick will we get? Not a good one for sure. But if we don't make the playoffs and chances we won't we get a better pick.
    Now tell me. Would you rather play Miami in the playoffs or have a shot at a top 5 pick in the draft?
    And honestly. Trying to be unbiased. Do you really think this is a playoff team? I know don't. Why cry and moan about losing when its clearly expected? We don't have the players to compete night in and night out. Take the wins when we get them and don't worryabout the losing. In my mind its a positive thing. No that I like losing. If we had a solid competitive team YES I would be upset when we lose. But 2 games into season with a team that maybe only a little bit better than last year is crazy.
    So what does it matter if we go 35-47 or 25-57 ? Answer . Probably 4-5 spots in the draft.
    We re in the rebuilding mode. We are suppose to lose. We don't have a team full of stars.
    Come to terms with it and you'll be better off.
    This team is designed to be just good enough to never get a top 5 pick and horrible enough to look embarrassing against everyone

uhh maybe cause it was all that big talk from frank and stuckey during the off season and how much not having a off season last year contributed to the 4-20 start. They only played well towards the end of the season even though they were all tanking teams.

But so far, its the same crap from last year, gain a lead and then lose it in the 4th. Its a joke

vCash
    The question is, will we duplicate the 4-20 start this year, or do worse?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shyfly24 View Post
    What makes you think Joe D won't sign all those players to a contract extension? He's done it w/ hamilton and didn't learn his lesson by doing it w/ prince.

Watch him do it again to keep the streak alive
    Please don't even think that. I wouldn't even know what to say if Dumars did something that ****ing stupid.

This team is going to be frustrating all year unfortunately. Hopefully something sparks this team and the players get some chemistry. I just don't want another awful year, but at the same time I'm hoping we suck so we can get a legit SF in this coming draft.

Matt Carpenter
    .300 AVG, 1 HR, 6 RBI, .431 OBP, .375 SLG, .806 OPS, .371 wOBA, 136 wRC+, .4 fWAR, 126 OPS+

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pujolsfan91 View Post
    Please don't even think that. I wouldn't even know what to say if Dumars did something that ****ing stupid.

This team is going to be frustrating all year unfortunately. Hopefully something sparks this team and the players get some chemistry. I just don't want another awful year, but at the same time I'm hoping we suck so we can get a legit SF in this coming draft.
    Well he isn't making a trade and the only free agents that he snatches up quickly before anyone else has a chance, are players that will still be free agents when the season starts

vCash
    Shyfly, We talked about this last year. Do you know 100% that he hasn't tried to make a trade? You just assume. Because you don't like him. Plus what are we going to trade ? You aren't happy with our players. Maybe GM's don't like them either. Maybe we just don't match up with anybody right now.
    And honestly. If you are a solid free agent player. Do you want to wallow in the bottom of the league ? Sure you will ge your money but these guys want more. They want to win. Winning brings them more money.
    Its easy to throw somebody under the bus. But you had to know this team wasn't going to win anything again this year.
    As far as having leads and holding onto them? Thats what this type of team does. They don't know how to play four quarters. Teams take advantage of that. Its all part of learning to play together.
    I'm not saying to tank on purpose. I did say I want to win. But I'm expecting this type of performance this year . I didn't come into this season with high hopes. Anybody that did has been living in a cave. We didn't do nearly enough to improve enough to take that next step.
    Yes isn't going to be another frustrating year. I said last year I was expecting it. I also said it didn't matter as long as our long players show signs of improving.
    Thats all I expect this year. A modest improvement . Hopefully we trade Prince and somebody else before or at the deadline. If not thats the way it is. We finish with what we have.
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast