Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

2036 Offseason Compensation

Free Agent Compensation

Compensation will been given to teams that lose qualifying free agents. There will be five classes of free agents. Compensation will only be given out to 4 classes.

Compensation Qualifications:
    A Player will be qualified as a "Type A" Free Agent if they meet ALL of the following qualifications:
    - Were signed to a multi-year contract.
    - Must have a VORP of 100+ combined between last season and the current season (aka 50 VORP average between the two seasons)
    - Age (as of Dec 31st) is 31 or younger

A Player will be qualified as a "Type B" Free Agent if they meet ALL of the following qualifications:
    - Must have a VORP of 100+ combined between last season and the current season (aka 50 VORP average between the two seasons)
    - Age (as of Dec 31st) is 32 or older

A Player will be qualified as a "Type C" Free Agent if they meet ALL of the following qualifications:
    - Must have a VORP of 75-99.9 combined between last season and the current season
    - Age (as of Dec 31st) is 31 or younger

A Player will be qualified as a "Type D" Free Agent if they meet ALL of the following qualifications:
    - Must have a VORP of 75-99.9 combined between last season and the current season
    - Age (as of Dec 31st) is 32 or older

A Player will be qualified as a "Type F" Free Agent if they do not Qualify as a "Type A, B, C or D" Free Agent.

Once a player is signed by a different team during the Pre-season Free Agent Period (does not include in-season free agent signings), the team that lost the Free Agent will be awarded compensation based on what type the player qualified as.

Compensation:
    Teams that lose the following types of free agents will be given the following compensation:

"Type A" - a prospect with Potentials equal to 100% of the Free Agent's Overalls

"Type B" - a prospect with Potentials equal to 90% of the Free Agent's Overalls

"Type C" - a prospect with Potentials equal to 90% of the Free Agent's Overalls

"Type D" - a prospect with Potentials equal to 80% of the Free Agent's Overalls

"Type F" - No compensation will be given.

Notes:
    - Because RP/CL get negatively effected in VORP, for pitchers who primarily are RP/CL, the VORP limits will be 60 (combined between the two seasons) for Type A and B, and 50 (combined between the two seasons) for Type C and D.
    - If a player does not sign with another team before Opening Day, no compensation will be given.
    - If the player ends up signing with the same team, no compensation will be given.
    - Compensation Prospects can be traded once Types are announced. If the player does not sign before opening day (thus invoking the first "note" above), no special compensation will be given (ie. if you trade for a compensation prospect before the player signs with another team, you run the risk of getting no compensation if the player does not sign before opening day, or signs with their previous team).
    - The Compensation Prospect given will be of the same position(s) that the player was.

Post your compensation players here

vCash
    LF Antonio Sanchez - Type A

Please name him Kendrick "Hiiipower" Lamar, with this photo: http://cdn.hiphopdx.org//images/news...Detox-hhdx.jpg
    Last edited by Joba_the_Beast; 11-03-2012 at 12:39 PM.
    TKO Royals GM 2015 -2040
    "Ain't nothin' but a KC thang"
    12 - 100 Win Seasons
    5 - AL Pennants
    3 - World Series Titles

"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle." - Abraham Lincoln

vCash
    SP Xenophilius Lovegood (A COMP)

named: "Marqise Lee"

SP Frank Reynolds (A COMP)

named: "Robert Woods"

RP Nick Andrews (A COMP)

named: "Silas Redd"

vCash
    MR Albert Takala (D Comp)

August "Auggie" Anderson

vCash
    Daniel Lester (D)

"Nicholas Brody"
    Quote Originally Posted by Impaler View Post
    Some posters like yourself don't understand how a single is better then a home run,
    #TWTW

vCash
    SS Anthony Rendon (Type A)

Silent "Lunchbox" Bob

Pic (cutdown and everything): http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/z.../silentbob.jpg

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyLuver View Post
    SP Xenophilius Lovegood (A COMP)

named: "Marqise Lee"

SP Frank Reynolds (A COMP)

named: "Robert Woods"

RP Nick Andrews (A COMP)

named: "Silas Redd"
    Hate to be "that guy", but I don't believe you get an A comp for Andrews, he started games both seasons.
    TKO Royals GM 2015 -2040
    12 - 100 Win Seasons
    5 - AL Pennants
    3 - World Series Titles

"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle." - Abraham Lincoln

vCash
    I looked up the precedent for John Kennedy, and it was just primarily RP, and most of the chronological time had to be spent at RP. Andrews is the same.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyLuver View Post
    I looked up the precedent for John Kennedy, and it was just primarily RP, and most of the chronological time had to be spent at RP. Andrews is the same.
    I thought it was only if a guy spent one of the two seasons 100% as a reliever, with no starts.
    TKO Royals GM 2015 -2040
    12 - 100 Win Seasons
    5 - AL Pennants
    3 - World Series Titles

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Joba_the_Beast View Post
    I thought it was only if a guy spent one of the two seasons 100% as a reliever, with no starts.
    Do you see that in the rules? If that is the case I would like to know, because as far as I know it isn't.

vCash
    I still NEVER got a comp spec for John Kennedy.

If you're going to argue that precedent, it's one that leads to no comp spec as far as I'm concerned.

vCash
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...5+compensation

From what I gathered there, it looks like you should have received one based on what Doog and TK were saying. If they ruled that you shouldn't get one, it wasn't said in there or anywhere else as far as I'm aware.

vCash
    Yeah but I never got one lol. I asked both TK and Ron multiple times.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by i am bob View Post
    Yeah but I never got one lol. I asked both TK and Ron multiple times.
    PL just brought this to my attention. I can not remember ever being asked about this. Not saying you didn't, but it was over a year ago (and 10 seasons), so I don't, honestly, remember any of this. It seems at one point I said I'd talk to Ron, so I'll drop him a line and see if he remembers what we decided or what happened or what. I don't even remember that conversation at all tbh.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheKid View Post
    PL just brought this to my attention. I can not remember ever being asked about this. Not saying you didn't, but it was over a year ago (and 10 seasons), so I don't, honestly, remember any of this. It seems at one point I said I'd talk to Ron, so I'll drop him a line and see if he remembers what we decided or what happened or what. I don't even remember that conversation at all tbh.
    I always sent a PM every couple sims. It's all good though, it's in the past and I'm not bitter over it.
    Last edited by i am bob; 11-08-2012 at 11:47 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast