Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigCheese21 View Post
    Yeah i agree, i love TT and he has done a great job but at the same time he can be a little more aggressive IMO. If we make the playoffs and lose out because of our running game and lack of a good RB then that comes back on him. Sometimes he needs to make a move if it means helping this team out.
    I agree to an extent. We don't need a top tier rb however. With the way that our offense runs the rb position is just a complimentary one. It's like we just kind of use it because it's there. Our strength has always been our passing game and with the fact that #12 is behind center I don't think any of us expect it any other way. Would I like a better running game? Absolutely, but with the only guys that we're "supposedly" available, it was too much to give up. We don't even know if Jackson really was on the block. Fisher came out and said he wasn't so who knows. I think it's something we need to draft again next year and hope we hit on it. I still think Starks can get the job done and when Benson gets back it will be that much better. I know Green hasn't been great but you can't hate the guy. He got thrown into the situation and lets not forget he is a year removed from knee reconstructive surgery. It takes time to come back from something like that.

vCash
    jacksonville is the 11th largest city in the US

green bay is not a small market for professional football and if we had an owner they wouldnt move the franchise

point is the size of the market is not based on the population of the city, if that would be the case jacksonville would have a larger market than 23 nfl teams

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rtardz View Post
    I agree to an extent. We don't need a top tier rb however. With the way that our offense runs the rb position is just a complimentary one. It's like we just kind of use it because it's there. Our strength has always been our passing game and with the fact that #12 is behind center I don't think any of us expect it any other way. Would I like a better running game? Absolutely, but with the only guys that we're "supposedly" available, it was too much to give up. We don't even know if Jackson really was on the block. Fisher came out and said he wasn't so who knows. I think it's something we need to draft again next year and hope we hit on it. I still think Starks can get the job done and when Benson gets back it will be that much better. I know Green hasn't been great but you can't hate the guy. He got thrown into the situation and lets not forget he is a year removed from knee reconstructive surgery. It takes time to come back from something like that.
    I think if we had a top tier RB our offense would be ran a bit differently. I really have a feeling Rodgers wants to run the ball more. He has said it a couple times that they need to run the ball more cause it helps out with the protection and passing game. I think TT and MM are starting to realize that they need to run more and have a good RB to compliment Rodgers. I would really love this team to be more balanced. Sure our passing attack works great during the regular season but we need to be more balanced when it comes to the winter time and playoffs. When you have teams like the 49ers who are balanced and can pound the ball it will be hard to get passed them in the playoffs.
    My 2014 Adopted Packer: Blow Job Raji

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tram0n man View Post
    jacksonville is the 11th largest city in the US

green bay is not a small market for professional football and if we had an owner they wouldnt move the franchise

point is the size of the market is not based on the population of the city, if that would be the case jacksonville would have a larger market than 23 nfl teams
    oh ok. Well it really comes down to their fan base then. Maybe if they had a good team then they would have more fans but that's just sad on Jacksonville's part

vCash
    well guys, I am telling you, as both a life-long fan, and season ticket holder....This team went through a very long dry spell of talent and coaching...one of the reasons the pack faired so well through the 70's, 80's and part of the 90's was because it was a publicly owned team....so people kept going and getting season tickets for that reason...the waiting list has always been long, and the games were never blacked out because wisconsinites felt a sense of pride through ownership... had they been privately owned through those dark years, they would have most certainly been moved somewhere else regardless of history....this team has made more history since the dark years in essence than the teams before....we remember those historic teams more since the return to greatness.... bringing more national spotlight and more revenue too this organization... Believe me when I say this, fans have talked about this very subject for years...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wwfd1220 View Post
    well guys, I am telling you, as both a life-long fan, and season ticket holder....This team went through a very long dry spell of talent and coaching...one of the reasons the pack faired so well through the 70's, 80's and part of the 90's was because it was a publicly owned team....so people kept going and getting season tickets for that reason...the waiting list has always been long, and the games were never blacked out because wisconsinites felt a sense of pride through ownership... had they been privately owned through those dark years, they would have most certainly been moved somewhere else regardless of history....this team has made more history since the dark years in essence than the teams before....we remember those historic teams more since the return to greatness.... bringing more national spotlight and more revenue too this organization... Believe me when I say this, fans have talked about this very subject for years...
    So what do you think would happen if we just got an owner now? Do you think he would still move this team? That's what i was talking about. I wasn't saying if we had an owner from the very beginning.

Im not saying we need one, this is just a topic of conversation.

vCash
    So what do you think would happen if we just got an owner now? Do you think he would still move this team? That's what i was talking about. I wasn't saying if we had an owner from the very beginning.

Im not saying we need one, this is just a topic of conversation.

At this point probably not, but as with every owner, they are in it for one reason, and that is too make a profit. Say with the salary cap and everything the way it is now, this team reverts back to the way it was before. Then moving the franchise could be the topic of discussion because the fanbase has no incentive to keep packing Lambeau for ****** teams. This would be a great question for Packer faithfull when you go to your next game there. I am sure you will see how proud these fans are that we are the only publicly owned franchise in the NFL....Wisconsinites have great pride in building this team to what it has become, and I say this because before technology and **** like that...it was the Wisconsin fans that kept this team breaking even, or profiting from there games and training camps, etc.... I am tired, so I hope that was not to much of a ramble....

vCash
    At this point probably not, but as with every owner, they are in it for one reason, and that is too make a profit. Say with the salary cap and everything the way it is now, this team reverts back to the way it was before. Then moving the franchise could be the topic of discussion because the fanbase has no incentive to keep packing Lambeau for ****** teams. This would be a great question for Packer faithfull when you go to your next game there. I am sure you will see how proud these fans are that we are the only publicly owned franchise in the NFL....Wisconsinites have great pride in building this team to what it has become, and I say this because before technology and **** like that...it was the Wisconsin fans that kept this team breaking even, or profiting from there games and training camps, etc.... I am tired, so I hope that was not to much of a ramble....
    I will rephrase that to any Packer fan that was willing to travel to Green Bay, but most noteably it was a Wisconsin fan base

vCash
    True. I appreciate your opinion. Just thought it was an interesting topic that's why i brought it up specially since we are the only team that is owned by the fans.

vCash
    True. I appreciate your opinion. Just thought it was an interesting topic that's why i brought it up specially since we are the only team that is owned by the fans.
    no problem bro, I see what you are saying....That is the reason that I loved when Ron Wolf was the GM here... He would do the things we wish Ted would do once in awhile to put this team over the edge... however, RW also missed on some of those FA pick ups as well.

vCash
    A Gold Mine.... If the Packers were owned by one person they would never be as so stupid to move the packers ever... They might build a new stadium that holds 150,000 and still sell out... Look at LA a huge market with no team..
    ~
    Just as soon as another owner could move his team to Green Bay they would....
    ~

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lombardi24 View Post
    A Gold Mine.... If the Packers were owned by one person they would never be as so stupid to move the packers ever... They might build a new stadium that holds 150,000 and still sell out... Look at LA a huge market with no team..
    ~
    Just as soon as another owner could move his team to Green Bay they would....
    ~
    IDK about that. Im not so sure the fans of Wisconsin would take to a new team like they have with the Packers. Packer fans are more passionate about their team then any other teams fans imo.

vCash
    As Cheese said, for a small market team they do bring in a lot of Kenzel Doe.

vCash
    Whether the money goes to the team or an owner doesn't really matter. The fact is that the Packers pull in a lot of doe for a small market team. Small market teams have been successful in many different sports. The fan support the Packers have is outstanding and anyone wanting to move them would be ********. We are not like the Jags who hardly have any fan support whatsoever. I really highly doubt if we got an owner he would say ehhhh im moving the team just cause of their location. Think about it.
    The Packers pull in dough because they are different than the rest of the nfl teams. You put one sole owner on that team and they get moved years ago to a big market. Look at how ownership of other teams works. Some teams can barely get fans in the stands regardless of the product on the field. Green Bay has a formula for success and it works. Look at the "ownership" stock sales and thats proof right there. What other team do you have the chance to say you are an owner? If someone bought the packers, now you dont have the ability to say "I own the packers".

Greed corrupts and if you can't see that than you don't pay attention to the real world these days. Not only that, but look at how much ticket prices cost at Foxboro in comparison to Green Bay. While you don't have as many options to get tickets, they are also still reasonably priced. I paid slightly over face value for my packers tickets instead of being relegated to $200-$300 nose bleed seats. Plus the expansion of Lambeau was bought and paid for by the fans. Now you'll have an owner who will set whatever ticket prices they want. Like that won't alienate the fan base?

An owner would screw with all of the good that the Green Bay Franchise has going on right now. The Green Bay fan base spans the globe. Whats keeping it in Green Bay? The local fans. An owner would without a doubt screw over their local fan base to get the team to a big market fan base to make tons of money.

vCash
    I couldn't agree with you more. I really think there is a mystique and pride that goes along with being the only publicly owned franchise. Even though we don't do much, but there is a lot of tradition.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12