Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

What if the Packers had....

An actual owner do you think the team would be ran differently and look different then what it does now? I know this isn't the best thread but its late and im bored. Sometimes i wonder if we had an aggressive owner if our team would be better or worse. Makes you wonder if we would have made a move for a RB before the trading deadline but at the same time i would hate to have an owner like Jerry Jones. Anyways what do you guys think?

vCash
    Meh it depends really. Not all owners have their hands all over their team like Jerry Jones.
    http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/n...pscf85bcd0.png

vCash
    Think the positives of not outweigh the negatives

vCash
    Yes please let Jerry Jones run your team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cub_StuckinSTL View Post
    Yes please let Jerry Jones run your team.
    Hey at least we would have a big screen TV the size of Texas in our stadium.

vCash
    I personally like the Packer structure. After the packer preservation fund, the Packers donate a ton of money to wisconsin charities(far more then any other team). And I think they can do that because they are not padding an owner's pockets.

vCash
    I think if they had a private owner, we would not be fans....they would have been moved out of Green Bay a long time ago

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wwfd1220 View Post
    I think if they had a private owner, we would not be fans....they would have been moved out of Green Bay a long time ago
    That's not a guarantee though. Green bay is a small market but the Packers are one of the richest franchises out there, they have an amazing fan support and rich history. I really don't see why someone would move them imo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigCheese21 View Post
    That's not a guarantee though. Green bay is a small market but the Packers are one of the richest franchises out there, they have an amazing fan support and rich history. I really don't see why someone would move them imo.
    I think we are one of the richest teams because we don't have an actual owner. All the money goes right to the team there is no one saying ehh maybe I will only give them this much back and I am gonna pocket the rest.

But I do have to agree with WWFD I think we would be moved because of us being a small market team.
    HaHa Clinton-Dix

Solo Tackles: 3
    Assist Tackles: 3
    Sacks: 1
    Pass Deflects: 1
    Ints:
    TDs:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    I think we are one of the richest teams because we don't have an actual owner. All the money goes right to the team there is no one saying ehh maybe I will only give them this much back and I am gonna pocket the rest.

But I do have to agree with WWFD I think we would be moved because of us being a small market team.
    Whether the money goes to the team or an owner doesn't really matter. The fact is that the Packers pull in a lot of doe for a small market team. Small market teams have been successful in many different sports. The fan support the Packers have is outstanding and anyone wanting to move them would be ********. We are not like the Jags who hardly have any fan support whatsoever. I really highly doubt if we got an owner he would say ehhhh im moving the team just cause of their location. Think about it.

vCash
    just because the city of green bay has a small population does not make them a small market team, the green bay packers are one of the most well known sports franchises in the world

if you base it on city population then the bucks would have a bigger market then the celtics, and the brewers would have a bigger market then the red sox, and the san diego chargers market is bigger than the dallas cowboys
    Last edited by Tram0n man; 11-03-2012 at 07:51 PM.

vCash
    The Packers aren't a small market team. Their a team in a small market. I like the fact that we don't have one individual owner. That's just one of the pluses that makes it so neat being a fan of this team. Who knows what we'd be like or if the team would still exist in Green Bay. We don't need an agressive owner to go get this guy or that guy. Thompson has done a great job with this franchise and everybody knows it. That's why he's considered one of the best at what he does.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rtardz View Post
    The Packers aren't a small market team. Their a team in a small market. I like the fact that we don't have one individual owner. That's just one of the pluses that makes it so neat being a fan of this team. Who knows what we'd be like or if the team would still exist in Green Bay. We don't need an agressive owner to go get this guy or that guy. Thompson has done a great job with this franchise and everybody knows it. That's why he's considered one of the best at what he does.
    Yeah i agree, i love TT and he has done a great job but at the same time he can be a little more aggressive IMO. If we make the playoffs and lose out because of our running game and lack of a good RB then that comes back on him. Sometimes he needs to make a move if it means helping this team out.

vCash
    so yall think if we moved to jacksonville wed be in a bigger market?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tram0n man View Post
    so yall think if we moved to jacksonville wed be in a bigger market?
    I thought Jacksonville was considered a small market? The problem with the Jags being in Jacksonville is that the have a very small fan base which means less income for the Jags

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast