Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrazbit View Post
    You guys are hoping for way too much. Realistically the Hornets would be lucky to get an expiring contract for Gordon right now. His contract overpays him even if you dont count his injuries... factor in his injury problems and you have one of the least appetizing trade pieces in the entire league.
    we heard the same thing in the Paul deal "take what you can get"

Demps is a bright GM. he can get the most out of Gordon, or keep him. Benson has deep pockets. he'll pay

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shyfly24 View Post
    lmao, this!

I was thinking to my self, these hornet fans don't want this dude but yet want the whole world for him.

Gordon is nothing more then a 20pt scorer in this league and who is undersized and a horrible defender. And not to mention, overpaid. And he's injury prone lol.
    Who would want that? Give the Knicks a call

lol at thinking that Deng, Granger, or Jennings is the world...most of these guys have been in multiple trade rumors already. and i'm certainly glad your not a GM because the "take what you can get" approach will surely get you fired. fact of the matter is we have all the cards here.

if rashard lewis and emeka okafor can be traded, anyone can.

vCash
    who's to say he doesnt come back, play out the year and increase his trade value. he's got 4 years we are in no rush

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffG20 View Post
    lol at thinking that Deng, Granger, or Jennings is the world...most of these guys have been in multiple trade rumors already. and i'm certainly glad your not a GM because the "take what you can get" approach will surely get you fired. fact of the matter is we have all the cards here.

if rashard lewis and emeka okafor can be traded, anyone can.
    Don't act like trade ideas were only Deng straight up for Gordon ... you guys were proposing crap like 2 first round picks and deng for Gordon, Really? Chicago should be asking for more just for deng alone.

Did the teams that traded for Lewis and Okafor get all stars in return like how you guys are asking for?

Gordon played only 9 games last season and who knows when he will come back this year. And who's to say he will be the same person after the injury? if he ever comes back from it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shyfly24 View Post
    Don't act like trade ideas were only Deng straight up for Gordon ... you guys were proposing crap like 2 first round picks and deng for Gordon, Really? Chicago should be asking for more just for deng alone.

Did the teams that traded for Lewis and Okafor get all stars in return like how you guys are asking for?

Gordon played only 9 games last season and who knows when he will come back this year. And who's to say he will be the same person after the injury? if he ever comes back from it.

notice how the Bulls fan offered 2 first and Deng.....they clearly dont value him all that much. as i said i dont even like deng.

point being there are almost always teams willing to take on bad contracts and take chances on guys like Gordon. all we have to do is be patient.
    Last edited by JeffG20; 11-04-2012 at 02:20 PM.

vCash
    I'm not sure I would do this unless certain assurances were made but:

Derrick Williams
    Luke Ridnour
    2013 1st rounder (better of ours or Memphis)

for Gordon
    United We Run

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by topdog View Post
    I'm not sure I would do this unless certain assurances were made but:

Derrick Williams
    Luke Ridnour
    2013 1st rounder (better of ours or Memphis)

for Gordon
    i'm not sure they'd do that with Aminu playing like he is...not a bad deal though

vCash
    i'm not sure they'd do that with Aminu playing like he is...not a bad deal though
    Understandable. I'm just thinking of what the Wolves would be willing to give up. I'd maybe barter around Pek if injuries weren't such a concern for EG (and if Roy hadn't more-or-less come here because he had a shot at starting).
    United We Run

vCash
    Understandable. I'm just thinking of what the Wolves would be willing to give up. I'd maybe barter around Pek if injuries weren't such a concern for EG (and if Roy hadn't more-or-less come here because he had a shot at starting).
    i would of been all over that about a month ago... but Robin lopez is also playing surprisingly well also. not sure if its sustainable though

vCash
    i would of been all over that about a month ago... but Robin lopez is also playing surprisingly well also. not sure if its sustainable though
    I don't think it is and I'm not "hating," just being objective. So far, it's been a surprising start for NOLA, but I always have to remind myself of how crazy the 1st two weeks every year are when some great team is 1-8 and a "bad" team is 6-3 (not calling the Hornets "bad" either - just a general comment).

I'd expect Aminu's and Lopez's ppg averages to come down, but then again maybe not with Vasquez playing out of his mind
    United We Run

vCash
    we heard the same thing in the Paul deal "take what you can get"

Demps is a bright GM. he can get the most out of Gordon, or keep him. Benson has deep pockets. he'll pay
    Was Paul missing 70 games a year? Was Paul one day into a brand new max deal that would overpay him if he was healthy? Those situations are nothing alike.

Your comparison of Okafor and Ariza is a far better one. You're trading dead weight, you will get dead weight in return but hopefully it will be on less of a time frame.

Its a similar situation that Washington was in with Arenas. An awful contract and an injury prone malcontent. They traded him for an equally unappealing player. Best case for New Orleans is the Knicks swap Gordon for Amare.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrazbit View Post
    Was Paul missing 70 games a year? Was Paul one day into a brand new max deal that would overpay him if he was healthy? Those situations are nothing alike.

Your comparison of Okafor and Ariza is a far better one. You're trading dead weight, you will get dead weight in return but hopefully it will be on less of a time frame.

Its a similar situation that Washington was in with Arenas. An awful contract and an injury prone malcontent. They traded him for an equally unappealing player. Best case for New Orleans is the Knicks swap Gordon for Amare.
    no, but everyone knew Paul was out the door and they still got a nice package all things considering. at least with Gordon we have 4 years to get his trade value up. yea, he might just be one of those guys that just cant stay healthy. but on the flip side he could turn a corner and play great and stay healthy. point being we dont have to take scraps when we have time to play this out.
    Last edited by JeffG20; 11-04-2012 at 03:12 PM.

vCash
    I don't think it is and I'm not "hating," just being objective. So far, it's been a surprising start for NOLA, but I always have to remind myself of how crazy the 1st two weeks every year are when some great team is 1-8 and a "bad" team is 6-3 (not calling the Hornets "bad" either - just a general comment).

I'd expect Aminu's and Lopez's ppg averages to come down, but then again maybe not with Vasquez playing out of his mind
    not only that i just dont see Gordon moving for the simple fact that he can refuse where he goes this first year.

vCash
    not only that i just dont see Gordon moving for the simple fact that he can refuse where he goes this first year.
    I would be very interested to see what his "list" looks like (if it gets to that point). The most "obvious" deal out there and one many people would be intrigued to see go down is EG for Granger, but who knows what happens. All I can say is a heartfelt "Good luck!"
    United We Run

vCash
    I would be very interested to see what his "list" looks like (if it gets to that point). The most "obvious" deal out there and one many people would be intrigued to see go down is EG for Granger, but who knows what happens. All I can say is a heartfelt "Good luck!"
    they had to sneak him into the arena one game and they showed him on the screen and got booed lol

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast