Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Klay Thompson

Hybrid View

vCash

Klay Thompson

I've had a few cocktails and feel like ranting.

Klay Thompson is not good enough to start. Game 1 @ Phoenix, got outmuscled by Tucker on several plays giving up offensive rebounds and easy put-backs. He is physically puny. Tucker, really?

Game 2, 4th quarter 5 mins to go, down 8, leaves Rudy Gay on the weak side, to cover Marc Gasol 20ft from the basket and gave up an easy alley-hoop to push the lead to 10 and kill the game.

This kid can shoot and score and move off screens like few players. But he is very limited and not a multi-dimentional player. Maybe he'll be a very good all-around player one day but he's so undersized muscularly. Yeah he's 6'7" (6'5" without shoes) but if he can't box anybody out and can only score off screens and is not particularly aggressive or assertive, he should be coming off the bench, especially with Lee and Curry as starters. 3 puny players are not going to beat any strong team, when you rely so heavily on outside shots.

Not hating on Thompson at all, I love the kid. Nobody wants to see him succeed more than me, but (to me) he's not built to start in the NBA right now. He needs to develop his body and all-around game.

Yeah game 2 i know, but I've always felt this way about him. He's not a starter in the NBA on a great team, so why not mold him to be an impact bench player like Jamal Crawford or Jason Terry. That's his ceiling in my opinion, he'll never be Reggie Miller.

This has nothing to do with anything (see opening line) but I hope we go after Iguodala, or trade for Afflalo or a real 2-guard like that.

Curry at the PG reminds me of Ellis. Great 2-guard trapped in a PG body. We need Curry though, we need players built around him who compliment him better.

All that said, I'm not jumping ship, I think Memphis is the worst matcup in the whole league for us, but mark my words we'll never make the playoffs with Curry/Klay/Lee all starting.

We should trade Klay and Lee for Josh Smith. Bogut can't do it all by himself defensively. Smith will add athleticism and defense. Nobody would look forward to playing a front line of Josh Smith and Andrew Bogut with a Steph Curry kicker.

Love our bench, Jack, Rush, Landry and even Ezeli. Keep that bench as long as possible. Hope Rush is ok, I'll pray for him tonight, but didn't look good.

Go dubs, we'll lose tomorrow in LA but after that, we can start the season for real.

Clippers will win the west if they stay healthy IMO.

Comments and opinions on Klay are welcome. Insults, name-calling not welcome.

Realistic dream Warriors team:

Curry/Jack
    Iguodala/Rush
    Barnes/Green
    J.Smith/Landry
    Bogut/Ezeli

vCash
    As Kobe recently said: Shut up.
    "It's already over. All hopes aside and being only realistic. The Giants won't make the post season with the Dodgers and the Rockies in the same division."
    -rarryronds (06/03/2010 - on the Giants 2010 season)

"Stephen Curry is not a point guard"
    -asandhu23 (May 5, 2011)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by robbnen#31 View Post
    As Kobe recently said: Shut up.

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    Last edited by ESaady; 11-03-2012 at 05:14 AM. Reason: rulez. sorry :(

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfattahian View Post
    I've had a few cocktails and feel like ranting.

Realistic dream Warriors team:

Curry/Jack
    Iguodala/Rush
    Barnes/Green
    J.Smith/Landry
    Bogut/Ezeli
    what

vCash
    PJ tucker has 15 pounds on klay...
    Last edited by MackShock; 11-03-2012 at 04:40 AM.

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
    "From the stomach at birth, till I'm under the earth."

#DUBSUP

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MackShock View Post
    PJ tucker has 15 pounds on klay...
    That's kinda my point, he's light. Tony Allen has 15lbs on him, so does Kobe, Iguodala, Harden, Sefelosha off the top of my head. Who doesnt have 15lbs on Klay? and at the 3 position? it's even worse. Both games so far I've seen him get outmuscled and outhussled.

I realize its game 2 of season 2 for him, but to put 2 light weights in the back court starting isn't a winning formula in my opinion. Curry and Thompson have the similar strengths and weaknesses, better at the off guard, not strong or athletic. I'm not saying I have any answers or a solution and I think shooting is so hard to come by these days, so I guess we should just see what happens, but I'm skeptical about this backcourt tandem. They seem a little redundant.

There's nothing wrong with Klay's skills, but our back-court is physically one of the weakest and least athletic in the NBA. Ironically I thought we played best last night with Jack, Curry and Thompson on the court at the same time. But then great we're back to small-ball.

I'm not trying to insult anybody when I say this but I think some of you guys have been conditioned to accept mediocrity for our Warriors (which is understandable considering our 1/18 record of making the playoffs in recent times). Same guys were saying "give Biedrins time, he's only 23". I appreciate how fair and loyal you guys are, but sometimes it seems some of you put too much faith in the future of our young players. At what point do we say we need players who are good now not good young players who are going to be good in the future?

I think as a lifelong warrior fan I've earned the right to be impatient.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfattahian View Post
    That's kinda my point, he's light. Tony Allen has 15lbs on him, so does Kobe, Iguodala, Harden, Sefelosha off the top of my head. Who doesnt have 15lbs on Klay? and at the 3 position? it's even worse. Both games so far I've seen him get outmuscled and outhussled.

I realize its game 2 of season 2 for him, but to put 2 light weights in the back court starting isn't a winning formula in my opinion. Curry and Thompson have the similar strengths and weaknesses, better at the off guard, not strong or athletic. I'm not saying I have any answers or a solution and I think shooting is so hard to come by these days, so I guess we should just see what happens, but I'm skeptical about this backcourt tandem. They seem a little redundant.

There's nothing wrong with Klay's skills, but our back-court is physically one of the weakest and least athletic in the NBA. Ironically I thought we played best last night with Jack, Curry and Thompson on the court at the same time. But then great we're back to small-ball.

I'm not trying to insult anybody when I say this but I think some of you guys have been conditioned to accept mediocrity for our Warriors (which is understandable considering our 1/18 record of making the playoffs in recent times). Same guys were saying "give Biedrins time, he's only 23". I appreciate how fair and loyal you guys are, but sometimes it seems some of you put too much faith in the future of our young players. At what point do we say we need players who are good now not good young players who are going to be good in the future?

I think as a lifelong warrior fan I've earned the right to be impatient.
    the monta was doomed from the beginning..

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

#DUBSUP

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MackShock View Post
    the monta was doomed from the beginning..
    I think the whole world knew when we drafted curry that we were going to get rid of Monta. But if Klay had half of Monta's heart and toughness we'd be fine. I miss Monta... And Ekpe for that matter.
    Last edited by sfattahian; 11-03-2012 at 04:33 PM.

vCash
    Haha dude you just lost so much credibility

Quote Originally Posted by Monta is beast View Post
    If Currys defense is so bad, why do the warriors have the third best defensive team in the league? Why do opposing point guards have a less than average per of 14.9 when Curry is in the game? Why does curry LEAD the nba with a plus minus of +416.
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    You can rattle off all of the stats you want with no context whatsoever. You still said Curry is the 4th best player in the league.
    I guess stats aren't factual when rattled off?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Monta is beast View Post
    Haha dude you just lost so much credibility
    I shall redeem myself one day, but not this day!

vCash
    oops i meant PJ

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

#DUBSUP

vCash
    Klay definitely needs to start. He's working on his game and I'm confident with Klay going forward.

vCash
    Seriously? It's literally only his second year. Given that last season was a shortened season with no training camp, Klay has made great strides in his game. Averaging 7 points before Ellis' trade to 17 points after Ellis' trade. He was in the running for Rookie of the Year. He even scrimmaged against our Olympic team, some players of which has given him high praise. Klay has the skills and motivation to be great. He wants to known as a winner - a champ. Give him a couple of seasons to let him hit his prime before you go and start thinking irrationally.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ESaady View Post
    Klay definitely needs to start. He's working on his game and I'm confident with Klay going forward.
    if we start tanking.... Klay is great at getting his points. hes a quality tank mode starter... not a lot more though
    A role model if I ever knew one

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast