Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Wow, even just the thought of Love in a Rockets jersey is giving me chills. But realistically thinking here, though he might be somewhat unhappy in Minnesota, I just dont see him leaving that franchise for a pretty much similar one. I mean, yeah, having a line-up of Lin, Harden, Parsons, Love & Asik who will be peaking at exactly the same time would be appealing, but at the same time it does not feel like enough of an upgrade over Rubio/Roy/AK/Love/Pekovic to convince Love to come over to H-Town right at the moment.

I could easily see him waiting a couple of years before finally breaking with Minny's
    franchise, but I'm assuming by that time either one of our forwards will have proven himself on the PF spot, or we'll have signed a FA (in which case we wouldn't even have the cap space for Love so he would be completely out of the question). So yeah, even though Love on this roster would be orgasmic for all Rockets fans, I think it's more of a pipedream than a realistic scenario. But hey, on the bright side, at least there's no such things when playing 2K.

Oh to be a Gooner...

vCash
    I don't think the Rockets are necessarily the favorite to land Bynum. I think Philly is the likely team to get him to sign an extension. But I do think the Rockets have to be one of the favorites to land a big name free agent over the summer, and I wouldn't rule out Bynum if he isn't happy in Philly or they don't make a decent playoff run.

And to answer another poster's question, here are some of the big name free agents this summer that have not signed extensions yet:
    Chris Paul
    Dwight Howard
    Andrew Bynum
    Josh Smith
    Manu Ginobili
    Al Jefferson
    Paul Millsap
    Andre Iguodala (ETO)

And here are some of the lesser free agents:
    Nikola Pekovic (RFA)
    Monta Ellis (ETO)
    David West
    Tony Allen
    Chauncey Billups
    JJ Reddick
    Mo Williams
    Tyreke Evans (RFA)
    JJ Hickson
    Tiago Splitter (RFA)
    Shawn Marion (ETO)

vCash
    Paul or Howard. If Morey can't sign any of these two, and he probably won't, then just stay put and try to sign another player in 2014. It does not make sense to me to give a player that does not make this team a contender a big contract.

Bynum is a injury prone, it would be Yao Ming/McGrady all over again.
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EDUTEXANS View Post
    Paul or Howard. If Morey can't sign any of these two, and he probably won't, then just stay put and try to sign another player in 2014. It does not make sense to me to give a player that does not make this team a contender a big contract.

Bynum is a injury prone, it would be Yao Ming/McGrady all over again.
    agreed...but i kind of don't want Paul...i like Jeremy Lin it's either D12 or bust. none of the other players in the list are really that superstar with the x factor that would carry us over the hump.
    Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post
    1. Thunder
    2. Warriors
    3. Clippers
    4. Blazers
    5. Grizzlies
    Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post

I already have that scrizzguap on the Dubs winning a 'ship.
    Sincerely,
    delusional Warriors fan

Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    What do you do for a living because I guarantee it's not in academics or psychology?

vCash
    I hope we sign JJ Redick.

vCash
    I would like to sign josh smith because he Is a beast and try for manu as well. Manu is not going to need a max contract, seeing he will come off the bench as a sixth man. And I think smith is just a well rounded player. He averaged 18.8 pts a game last season and had 9.6 rebounds a game. And is on course to put up the same numbers this year. Pair that with asik's 14.3 rebounds he's averaging this season(and showing no sign of slowing down). and his offense is bound to get better.

Lin/machado
    Harden/manu
    Parsons/morris
    Smith/Patterson
    Asik/montieunas

And I put machado there because I think before the season is over he will have that number 2 spot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteSoxGod View Post
    I hope we sign JJ Redick.
    Oh calm down, I think Redick is pipe dream.
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

vCash
    Listen guys, I know we want a big time FA... but Redick is out of the question. He can play all 5 positions and is the only reason the Magic felt comfortable trading Dwight. A max for him is not enough, he would also need a feel-good movie every summer about himself. Only Lakers can sign him obviously.

Honestly though, only problem with Bynum is every part of his body is a different age.

vCash
    I actually think we need a player like Reddick. He would help our second unit alot with their scoring deficiency

vCash
    http://www.hoopsworld.com/2013-nba-free-agents

Here's the best list I could find

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    No need for Bynum unless you want Yao Part II meaning injured all the time.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

vCash
    Chris Paul
    Dwight Howard
    Andrew Bynum
    Josh Smith
    Manu Ginobili
    Al Jefferson
    Paul Millsap
    Andre Iguodala (ETO)

Nikola Pekovic (RFA)
    Monta Ellis (ETO)
    David West
    Tony Allen
    Chauncey Billups
    JJ Reddick
    Mo Williams
    Tyreke Evans (RFA)
    JJ Hickson
    Tiago Splitter (RFA)

There's the players I'd like to see. A scorer/athletic big next to Asik would be ideal.

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    It was an absolute blessing that Howard or Bynum ended up here. If either one was in Houston right now both would be 'Injured" and not being playing right now. Bynum is no different than Randy Moss as far as the "Quit" they both have. Bynum is always hurt, immature, and does not inspire anyone. Kobe/MJ were both Jerks to their teamates but its still motivated their teams to give their all, does anyone think for a second Bynum would inspire anyone to do anything besides get a edge up? Asik is huge, young, and has no Ego. He knows he's worthless on offense and doesn't try to be something he's not. Lin/Asik/Harden all are on a new team, playing new roles. This season is going to be a roller coaster.
    We have about $16-$18M left to spend. We can get 1 Max deal player or 2 very good players, 1 starter (PF), and 1 bench player (maybe PG). Josh Smith wants a pay day and doesn't bring enough in my opinion to justify Harden money. I'd rather trade for Al Jefferson in Feb, resign him to $10M a year and bring another G to come off the bench. Morey has put us in a position every owner wishes. We're going to be able to have 2 Max players or 1 Max and 2 All Stars and not pay Luxury Tax. How many other teams can say that?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sep11ie View Post
    Chris Paul
    Dwight Howard
    Andrew Bynum
    Josh Smith
    Manu Ginobili
    Al Jefferson
    Paul Millsap
    Andre Iguodala (ETO)

Nikola Pekovic (RFA)
    Monta Ellis (ETO)
    David West
    Tony Allen
    Chauncey Billups
    JJ Reddick
    Mo Williams
    Tyreke Evans (RFA)
    JJ Hickson
    Tiago Splitter (RFA)

There's the players I'd like to see. A scorer/athletic big next to Asik would be ideal.
    Why not Millsap, if you don't mind me asking? He's an absolutely superior offensive player to Smith and a better defensive 4 than Jefferson. He'll also likely be cheaper than both of those players.

vCash
    Millsap would be a perfect fit for you guys.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast