Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fire Frank

vCash

Letter to Frank/Dumars

Dear Lawrence Frank and Joe Dumars,

As an avid Pistons fan and Detroit sports lover, I must say I am extremely dissappointed in the direction you are taking this team. Andre Drummond has proven in the pre-season that he is ready to take the next step in a starting role. Jason Maxiell has showed us over several seasons he is nothing more than an energy guy off the bench. If you are going to turn this organization into the right direction you need to start by giving the young guys, especially Drummond, significant minutes. What good does it do to our future if they do not see more than 15+ minutes again. You are only hindering our chances of building what all of us fans see as a potential playoff team. Instead of focusing on the halftime shows and introductions, lets focus on the team. We understand you want a better experience for the fans, but what we really want, is a team that competes at a high level and a team that is fun to watch. We already know what Tayshaun brings to the table; been there done that. We already KNOW what Jason Maxiell brings to the table. If you want to get butts back into the seats, than you need to bring the young guys off the bench and set the beast free! Right now we are seeing the Avengers get crushed without their main gun. Release the Hulk in Drummond and let him go wild on the NBA!
    Sincerly,

DJxNVxME
    Disappointed Pistons Fan.

vCash
    You should e-mail that to Dumars

#HandItOnly2Bell
    SigBet that Suh stays in Detroit
    Quote Originally Posted by lizardking13 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JWO35 View Post
    Sig bet!
    Sig bet!
    I'll step up. I'm pretty sure he's gone too.

vCash
    Yeah, changes are needed to this team. Didn't think we'd be world beaters this season but an 0 and 8 start is not good enough for the team.
    With the deepest of regrets I am announcing that I will be leaving Pro Sports Daily. No reason in particular but wanted to thank everyone for a great 6 years here. Lots of great discussion and good poll series as well. Also fun re-drafts. Best of luck to you all in the future.

vCash
    yea, any chance we can snag terry porter away from wherever he is, i think he would be a good coach for detroit, sam mitchell? maybe not, mike brown? i dunno, lets hire Gram

vCash
    knowing dumars hes gonna bring his best buddy isiah thomas in here

vCash
    Shoot, let's just go get Laimbeer outta the WNBA.

vCash
    Does anyone else think Frank is continuously starting Tay and Max so they can increase their trade value and be traded off by all-star break?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mzee24 View Post
    Does anyone else think Frank is continuously starting Tay and Max so they can increase their trade value and be traded off by all-star break?
    Yeah, and the time to sell on Maxiell is now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mzee24 View Post
    No I seriously think Dumars values these guys like they are Lebron and Howard.These are two of Dumars draft picks and hes so proud of them and will never let go.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RipCity32 View Post
    No I seriously think Dumars values these guys like they are Lebron and Howard.These are two of Dumars draft picks and hes so proud of them and will never let go.
    yea, obviously if no one really offered nething to prince wen he was an FA or last years deadline, his value isnt too high at all, maxiell mite be movable cuz he can provide energy off the bench

the only thing prince provides are 23 second long fadeaways

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiggity_ace View Post
    yea, obviously if no one really offered nething to prince wen he was an FA or last years deadline, his value isnt too high at all, maxiell mite be movable cuz he can provide energy off the bench

the only thing prince provides are 23 second long fadeaways
    Im sure Dumars has gotten next to nothing offers for Prince from contenders but I think Dumars has to realize thats what hes going to get at this point is pretty much nothing but a roster spot opened up and keeping Prince around at this point is just hurting the team not helping.Prince could be servicable to a contender where offenses are not ran through and relying on him.Prince can be a great role player just doesnt have the talent to be a go to guy especially on a young team thats still trying to find theyre game.If Dumars really wants to get rid of him he could.

vCash
    I understand why Frank hasn't really changed the line ups, you dont want to jump the gun to early and keep changing the lineups like KUE did because you never build chemistry that way. 7 losses in though, I expect him to do something drastic to get a win and once we win a game we need to go on a streak and win 4 outta 5 or something like that. I still have hope for them getting better, but they need to figure out whats making them unable to play 4 quarters of good basketball.

vCash
    to borrow from skyfall, dumars is sentimental about prince and maxiell, and even daye.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kduce View Post
    I understand why Frank hasn't really changed the line ups, you dont want to jump the gun to early and keep changing the lineups like KUE did because you never build chemistry that way. 7 losses in though, I expect him to do something drastic to get a win and once we win a game we need to go on a streak and win 4 outta 5 or something like that. I still have hope for them getting better, but they need to figure out whats making them unable to play 4 quarters of good basketball.
    I can see your point. I also think that with Max being an expiring contract, he'll have some value at the deadline for a team that needs energy off the bench. He's at .542 FG%, 5.5 rebounds & 9 points in 24 minutes. On a contender, that's probably what he'll get, at most, minutes wise. But unless it's a great deal, I don't think we'll trade him, for no other reason than he's an expiring contract for us too. Pair him with Maggette, ~15M combined, and you might get someone who plays for a team that wants to blow things up and start over after the end of the season, but said contract would be a hinderance.

Either that, of Frank is sure trying to not lose next years draft pick due to the BG/maggette trade.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gram View Post
    I don't hate him, he's a lot better than Kuester Dash. He just needs to catch on that Stuckey, Tayshaun, and Maxiell are not starters in any given situation.

I'm much rather watch:

Knight
    English
    someone other than Tayshaun, not Daye
    Monroe
    Drummond

Even if we suck still with that lineup at least we're playing young guys. If we suck and get a pretty good pick we'd pick the best wing available.
    I totally agree with this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast