Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nate2usmc View Post
    Damn. Even Jetsfansince'67 isn't as positive as before and he is absolutely right. This team, other than Cro, Kerley, Trufant and Folk, has regressed. Terrible job by Mike T in terms of salaries given out. Hopefully the contracts are built like Donovan McNabb's (100 mil contract but 3+ mil eaten when cut) if those guys don't figure it out.
    You can build a case any way you want to see things. Apparently, '67 doesn't have such a rosy perspective and that's sad. I would wadure that none of this crap would be here is the Jets has held on to a lead in NE and shown up against Miami but now suddenly the bottom has dropped.
    The easier route is to find fault and blow things up. If you can't follow Rex's mantra that things are never as good as they seem and conversely, never as bad as they seem you can hold perspective. To claim the entire team has regressed outside of a handful of players in my opinion, is absurd. This league is extremely competitive and every year brings new challenges and forces teams to addapt on the fly. I don't think going into this season the Jets could plug all the holes exposed by opponents. I think it's a two-year climb back to Super Bowl contention and key injuries have hurt this season.
    I could paint an equally optimistic picture for the future but I don't have the time right now.

vCash
    So if the Jets had beaten NE and Miami then no one would complain? Yes thats true, because they would be in first place and 5-3 I believe.

But guess what, they lost to NE and got owned by Miami. This team deserves to be complained about. There arent many bright spots.

Please, paint an optimistic picture. I would love to read an optimistic POV of how this season is unfolding.
    Go Knicks!

All time

vCash
    Why is it such an issue having your OWN opinion in a public Forum?

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandIcedZ View Post
    So if the Jets had beaten NE and Miami then no one would complain? Yes thats true, because they would be in first place and 5-3 I believe.

But guess what, they lost to NE and got owned by Miami. This team deserves to be complained about. There arent many bright spots.

Please, paint an optimistic picture. I would love to read an optimistic POV of how this season is unfolding.
    And the other thing I will add to is this: We have heard two different players on two different teams talking about the Jets "laying down" when things went south a little. If it is one, you blow it off; two, now you really start to wonder!
    PSD's Muhammad Wilkerson!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by John X Doe View Post
    Yeah, blocking that guy was a stroke of genius. Ahhh. Serenity now.
    I'm sure genius had nothing to do with it

!Tank the season for Bridgewater!

vCash
    Ok, I'm kind of tired of reading post where people try to voice their thougths or opinions wether they make sense or not. Then you get people that they have to reply with smart ***** response. We all don't know everything, and that is why these forums are put up. Arent they?
    I have been a JET fan all my life and will be a fan all my life, do i wish we can trade a lot of the non-producing players that are in our team? ( ie Tebow, Green, Wilson, etc) HECK YEAH. Possibility is a different question.
    Players need to produce and dig deep inside to play better. It has to be the coaches that need to push these players to perform.
    You see players like John Abraham, Jonathan Vilma, James Farrior, Keyshawn Johnson go to play on other teams and boom either win a super bowl or play with intensity that they did not have here.
    Is it Tanny's fault or Rex's fault? Yes we drafted them, but they weren't total busts, although we have had our share of them, but so does other teams.
    Tanny wasn't there when these guys were drafted but he was there when Revis, Mangold, Ferguson, Sanchez, and Keller were. We have had coaches who in my opinion didn't know how to use them.
    We cheered Tanny when Santonio Holmes, Cromartie, and even Favre ( UGHH ) were brought in.
    If we need to change something in my opinion, it's the coaching staff.. Just my opinion people , no need to kill me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JETMAN046 View Post
    Since when does 9-7 >>> AFC title game
    11-5>>> AFC title game (stop w/ the 4 lucky wins please, thats the nfl)
    8-8 >>> Alive week 17 to sneak into playoffs
    Translate into needing a new head coach and GM! They drafted Sanchez, the QB we alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll wanted after the Farve Fiasco.. We cant monday morning quaterback that now.. The QB is not that good... He's bordering BAD now.. and he's single handedly turning this fanbase against the most aggressive GM we've ever had and the Proudest coach to be a Jet we've ever had. You guys should be ashamed of yourselves turning on this regime so quickly... AS IF.. as a Jets fan, you come from greener pastures... Bring Kotite back, Bring Coslet back, Bring Pete Carroll back... or maybe you want Parcells & Bellichick who both left us at the Alter with our pants at our ankles... Rex Ryan is the best thing to happen to the New York Jets in a generation.. and NOW we wanna get rid of him becuz he "talks" too much.. bla bla bla.. We're damn new yorkers.. we all talk too much... WAIT, didnt we fire the coach before REX becuz he didnt "TALK" enough.. was too boring... MAKE UP YOUR MINDS JETS FANS.. Bottom line is this.. in the REX RYAN era, the Jets are 31-25 in the regular season and 4-2 in the playoffs.. Oh I get it, u want the Herman Jets who drafted Mike Nugent in the 2nd round because they couldnt hit a FG in pittsburgh the year before in the divisional round. NO THANKS, let ERIC & HERMAN continue their days jobs on ESPN, and for my money, Ill stick with the coach who wants to be here, wants to win and at the end of the day is learning on the job and doing it the way a new yorker would do it. HIS WAY!!!
    You make a good point, and something that I know as well as anyone. The thing is - I loved the ride of '09, '10, and even 2011 as we were 8-5 before the crapola hit the turbofan.

The other thing is - there are teams that build for the long haul with excellent drafting, good business decisions with veterans, AND A SOUND, SOLID PHILOSOPHY - and I am learning (and if you visit my thread accidentally named "B," and have the fortitude to read through a article that put everything I've been feeling into perfect perspective - FOR ME) that without a great QB - we will be an up and down, NEVER REACHING the pinnacle of success - the only measure of true success in the NFL - a Super Bowl Championship - with a coach that believes great defense wins championships, without KNOWING that without a great QB - their have only been 3 (THREE) times in 40 years where a great defense, and an average QB, won a Super Bowl - and they were 3 separate teams - never repeating - The '85 Bears, The 2000 Ravens, 2002 Buccaneers.

SO - I look at a good defensive coach - that I guarantee you will either, find himself a great QB and win, OR spend the rest of his NFL life as a defensive coordinator - this is a virtual guarantee!

AND - I look at a GM that has missed on more high round draft picks, and his Greatest ONE - cost multiple picks. Great '07 - Darrelle Revis - 14th (but a CB will NEVER win a championship) cost multiple high picks; 2nd best in '06 - a 29th - Nick Mangold (very important, but will never win you a championship). From there - in 6 years - it is all very questionable:
    2006 - 4th player taken - D'Brickishaw Ferguson - is NOT a pro bowl level LT - the 4th player taken in the draft MUST be a perennial Pro Bowler
    1st orund - 29th - Mangold - great pick
    2nd round- #17 - Kellen Clemens - nnnnnnnnt! (bad buzzer)
    3rd - LB Anthony Schlegel - nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnt!
    3rd - Eric Smith - SS - nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnt!
    4th - Brad Smith - KR, slash - Ok for a 4th
    4thd - Leon Washington - KR - OK, who knows if MrT had kept him????
    5th - Jason Pociask - nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnt!
    6th - Drew Coleman - CB - journeyman back-up
    7th - Titus Adams - who cares

2007:
    1st round, 14th - Darelle Revis - CB - great -see above
    2rd - David Harris - cost a 2nd, 3rd and 6th - quickly aging, above average
    6th - Jacob Bender O-line - nnnnnnt!
    7th - Chansi Stuckey - WR - not bad, played a little #3-#5 WR

2008:
    Bust Alert - 4th - DE Vernon Ghoston - NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNT!
    1st round - 30th - TE Dustin Keller - above average - never a pro bowler
    4th - Dwight lowery - CB/FS - not bad, but traded away
    5th - QB Erick Ainge - nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnt!
    6th - WR Marcus Henry - nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnt!
    7th - Nate Garner - O-line - nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnt

2009:
    1st round - 5th - QB Mark Sanchez - I'm still hoping, but it's looking pretty grim right now (didn't give up too much to get him - but may have been a waste still)
    3rd round - RB Shonn Greene - cost a 3rd, 4th, and 7th - it doesn't look like he's ever going to live up to that - but if it was a straight-up 3rd rounder - would be average
    6th - LG Matt Slauson - anytime you get a starter in the 6th you're doing OK, but now we're learning that he's not that good overall, and a guy drafted a year later is going to take over for him next year - how long do you think Vlad will last?

2010:
    1st - #29 - CB Kyle Wilson - is he worthy of - probably - ehhh!
    2nd - OL - Tackle - nope - hopefully a guard - he's in his 3rd year and he's probably going to be the starter, but he still can't supplant Slauson full-time, and Matt's a gone'r after this year - nnnnnnt!
    4th RB Joe McKnight - so far, a good KR - pro bowler - may become a good RB??
    5th FB - John Conner - nnnnnt!

2011:
    1st - 30th - DE - Muhammed Wilkerson - still too early, but I'd like to see a 1st round pick be a little bit special - maybe it will come - right now - he's an average 3-4 DE
    3rd - DT Kenrick Ellis - still has a lot to prove
    4th - Powell - ??
    5th - Kerley - good stuff yea, a good pick, it's been years
    7th - McElroy - hmm?
    7th - WR scotty McKnight - bye bye

2012:
    1st - 16th - DL - Quinton Coples - I hoping
    2nd - WR Stephen Hill - I'm praying
    3rd - LB Demario Davis - could be the real deal.

all the rest, including 7th Antonio Allen - are 6th and 7th rounders, and the ones that are still on the team are an improvement over all those picks that never made the team.

The thing that kills me about MrT is - the 3 contracts that'll weigh us down HEAVILY NEXT YEAR - Holmes, Harris, and Sanchez - wow!

So no - we don't have a long history of winning,and I'm hoping that things'll turn around, but I think we don't have a great QB, or a coach that thinks 1 is important, and a GM that has missed - A LOT - and an owner that thinks you can never have too much TEBOW - rather than wanting a Great QB, and building a solid team the tried and true way - He wants media splashes thi king he should reinvent the wheel - nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnt!

GO JETS!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfansince'67 View Post
    You make a good point, and something that I know as well as anyone. The thing is - I loved the ride of '09, '10, and even 2011 as we were 8-5 before the crapola hit the turbofan.

The other thing is - there are teams that build for the long haul with excellent drafting, good business decisions with veterans, AND A SOUND, SOLID PHILOSOPHY - and I am learning (and if you visit my thread accidentally named "B," and have the fortitude to read through a article that put everything I've been feeling into perfect perspective - FOR ME) that without a great QB - we will be an up and down, NEVER REACHING the pinnacle of success - the only measure of true success in the NFL - a Super Bowl Championship - with a coach that believes great defense wins championships, without KNOWING that without a great QB - their have only been 3 (THREE) times in 40 years where a great defense, and an average QB, won a Super Bowl - and they were 3 separate teams - never repeating - The '85 Bears, The 2000 Ravens, 2002 Buccaneers.

SO - I look at a good defensive coach - that I guarantee you will either, find himself a great QB and win, OR spend the rest of his NFL life as a defensive coordinator - this is a virtual guarantee!

AND - I look at a GM that has missed on more high round draft picks, and his Greatest ONE - cost multiple picks. Great '07 - Darrelle Revis - 14th (but a CB will NEVER win a championship) cost multiple high picks; 2nd best in '06 - a 29th - Nick Mangold (very important, but will never win you a championship). From there - in 6 years - it is all very questionable:
    2006 - 4th player taken - D'Brickishaw Ferguson - is NOT a pro bowl level LT - the 4th player taken in the draft MUST be a perennial Pro Bowler

2007:

2008:

2009:
    1st round - 5th - QB Mark Sanchez - I'm still hoping, but it's looking pretty grim right now (didn't give up too much to get him - but may have been a waste still)
    3rd round - RB Shonn Greene - cost a 3rd, 4th, and 7th - it doesn't look like he's ever going to live up to that - but if it was a straight-up 3rd rounder - would be average
    6th - LG Matt Slauson - anytime you get a starter in the 6th you're doing OK, but now we're learning that he's not that good overall, and a guy drafted a year later is going to take over for him next year - how long do you think Vlad will last?

2010:
    2nd - OL - Tackle - nope - hopefully a guard - he's in his 3rd year and he's probably going to be the starter, but he still can't supplant Slauson full-time, and Matt's a gone'r after this year - nnnnnnt!

2011:
    1st - 30th - DE - Muhammed Wilkerson - still too early, but I'd like to see a 1st round pick be a little bit special - maybe it will come - right now - he's an average 3-4 DE
    4th - Powell - ??
    7th - McElroy - hmm?

2012:

all the rest, including 7th Antonio Allen - are 6th and 7th rounders, and the ones that are still on the team are an improvement over all those picks that never made the team.

The thing that kills me about MrT is - the 3 contracts that'll weigh us down HEAVILY NEXT YEAR - Holmes, Harris, and Sanchez - wow!

So no - we don't have a long history of winning,and I'm hoping that things'll turn around, but I think we don't have a great QB, or a coach that thinks 1 is important, and a GM that has missed - A LOT - and an owner that thinks you can never have too much TEBOW - rather than wanting a Great QB, and building a solid team the tried and true way - He wants media splashes thi king he should reinvent the wheel - nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnt!

GO JETS!!!
    I'm sorry, was I sleeping when you led the charge against re-signing Harris and Holmes? Because I didn't see that from anyone, much less you. Actually, I had concerns with his coverage but was drowned out by most posters and his overall run-stuffing abilities "seemingly" outweighing that deficiency and went along with the wave at the time. I've always been suspect of that aspect of his game.

I really hope you aren't delving into the depths of so many arm-chair QB's on this site. Could anyone foresee Holmes being hurt? Didn't he have a monster game prior to his injury? Did he not have many big games prior to signing virtually eclipsing Edwards' targets?

It's sad to see some of your recent posts as you seem to be drinking the tainted kool-aid and are Jonesing out a bit IMO. Sorry if that's harsh but that's what I see. In the end it's simply your opinion but one that has decidedly gone to one that now tends to focus on what-if's vice what-can-be. I will not join you in this chorus.

vCash
    Here's what we need to do next offseason....

Cut all the dead money (Pace Scott Harris) as well as Holmes he's nothing but a locker room cancer

Patch up things with Braylon and try to bring him back on the cheap he had chemistry with Sanchez and did wonders for us while he was here

Get a REAL backup for Sanchez who'll actually make him believe his job is on the line a la Flynn

More to come as I think of it....

Props To CheapTrikz For The Sig

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by John X Doe View Post
    I'm sorry, was I sleeping when you led the charge against re-signing Harris and Holmes? Because I didn't see that from anyone, much less you. Actually, I had concerns with his coverage but was drowned out by most posters and his overall run-stuffing abilities "seemingly" outweighing that deficiency and went along with the wave at the time. I've always been suspect of that aspect of his game.

I really hope you aren't delving into the depths of so many arm-chair QB's on this site. Could anyone foresee Holmes being hurt? Didn't he have a monster game prior to his injury? Did he not have many big games prior to signing virtually eclipsing Edwards' targets?

It's sad to see some of your recent posts as you seem to be drinking the tainted kool-aid and are Jonesing out a bit IMO. Sorry if that's harsh but that's what I see. In the end it's simply your opinion but one that has decidedly gone to one that now tends to focus on what-if's vice what-can-be. I will not join you in this chorus.
    You weren't here when we resigned either of them guy, look at your join date. There were plenty of people against it. I was against holmes and the terms to harris (even though I like him), tons of people on here were pro-Braylon on a more limited deal- which would have been better for each party given Holmes' ****** production. Even though I disagree with his assessment of Sanchez's physical tools, '67 is pretty much the best all around poster on this forum, so perhaps if he is drinking the proverbial "kool-aid" you should too, although judging by how wrong you have been on literally every prediction you have made since you joined PSD I think you probably need something a bit more potent than koolaid.
    THE GOAT

Until a player reaches these PA numbers, lets not talk about how good they are.

The Following PA's are when sample size stabilizes

50 PA: Swing %
    100 PA: Contact Rate
    150 PA: Strikeout Rate, Line Drive Rate, Pitches/PA
    200 PA: Walk Rate, Groundball Rate, GB/FB
    250 PA: Flyball Rate
    300 PA: Home Run Rate, HR/FB
    500 PA: OBP, SLG, OPS, 1B Rate, Popup Rate
    550 PA: ISO

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfansince'67 View Post

2007:

2008:

2009:

2010:

2011:
    4th - Powell - ??
    7th - McElroy - hmm?

2012:

GO JETS!!!
    That's one statement that I will object to. I think it is wrong to say that "Oh Ferguson isn't a Pro Bowl LT and the 4th overall pick should be one every year." The reason I say that is because like most "All Star" games, it is a "popularity contest. Mark Sanchez could be having the best season in the world and we all know that 2/3rds of the AFC QB's in this years Pro Bowl will be Brady and Peyton and more than likely, the only way Mark would get in would be if one dropped out. It happens all the time. At LT, Joe Thomas and Jake Long are almost ALWAYS going at LT regardless of whether they truly deserve to go or not.

And you say the GM has missed alot, but deep down, has he? If you look at his drafts, Sanchez, Greene, Slauson, Keller, Mangold, Revis (when healthy), Ferguson, Harris, Wilkerson, Kerley, Kyle Wilson, Brad Smith, Leon, McKnight, Eric Smith have ALL been key contributors over the years for the Jets. Where I think a lot of the Jets problems lie is the fact that our coaches aren't doing a good enough job with coaching the talent that is here. I posted in another thread the following:

If you look at the Jets roster-- And let's say you know nothing about the team-- here is what you would see:

QB-- Sanchez, 25; Tebow, 25; McElroy, 24

RB-- Greene, 27; McKnight, 24; Powell, 24

FB-- Hilliard, 28

WR-- Holmes, 28; Gates, 26; Hill 21; Kerley 23; Schelins 26

TE-- Keller, 28; Cumberland 25; Baker 25, Reuland 25

O-line-- Ferguson, 28; Howard, 25; Smith, 26; Ducasse, 25; Slauson 26; Mangold 28; Moore 32; Schlaudereff 24

D-line-- Coples 22, Devito 28, Wilkerson 23, Ellis 24, Harrison 23, Pouha 33

LB-- Thomas 33, Bellore 23, Dowtin 23, Harris 28, Mauga 25, Maybin 24, McIntyre 27, Scott 32, Pace 32, Davis 23

DB-- Berry 24, Cromartie 28, Lankster 25, Revis 27, Trufant 29, Wilson 25, Bell 34, Landry 28, Bush 23, Allen 24, E. Smith 29

ST-- Folk 27, Malone 24, Purdam 28

If you didn't know the Jets roster that well, you would say, "Man is the team loaded with youth. They have only 5 guys on the entire roster that are 30+ years old. This team should be well off for a good while.

Now, let me ask you this, knowing what you know about each of these players-- How many of them, and let's add the idea of taking Free Agency out of the equation, can you see as members of the NY Jets 4, 5+ years down the road? I don't think there is a QB, RB, or WR that you can really say that to; on the offensive line, you have maybe Ferguson and Mangold; D-line Wilkerson yes, but that is about it; LBer's you might say Harris, but that is not the lock it was a few years back; DB, Revis and Cromartie are probably the only ones and there definitely is no one from special teams that you can say. Yes, there are some like Coples, Hill, Davis, Kerley if they continue to develop strong that can be added, but right now, you have maybe 4 or 5 guys that you can say will be with the NY Jets, based on what I said, 4, 5+ years down the road and what is really sad is the majority of your roster is 28 and younger.

That's what's wrong with the NY Jets; there is youth all over this roster. How many teams have 3 QB's at 25 and younger? If your talent is developed properly, you shouldn't need a QB or a backup for at least 8-10 years; one player on the offensive side of the football is over 30; you have one person in the secondary over 30. This team should be set for years to come. But it's not; most of these guys will NOT be around 4 or 5 years down the line.

Think about this my friend-- San Francisco was 7-9, 8-8, and 6-10 from 2008-2010 and NOW, they are arguably one of the top 3 or 4 teams in the NFL. Yet, the core of that team is nearly identical to what it was during that time. Their QB is the same; their RB is the same; their defensive core was on those teams from 2008-2010. So what is so different about them? They have someone who is COACHING them better in Jim Harbaugh and his staff.
    PSD's Muhammad Wilkerson!!!

vCash
    We picked a guy up off of colts practice squad and put him in the active roster. We picked up a guard.. Why we are not bring up Ricky sapp and downtin is beyond me.. I know downtin was playing last week
    NY JETS .we just can't win the games we need to win
    NY Yankees
    NY Knicks
    LETS BALL!!!

2013 NFL PSD MOCK DRAFT:
    1ST RD PICK 9: KEKE MINGO OLB
    2nd rd pick: Giovanni Bernard rb
    3rd rd pick: Zac dysert Qb
    4th rd pick: xavier nixon Og
    5th rd pick: D.C jefferson Te
    6th rd pick: Sio Moore Lb

vCash
    To be honest I think the problem lies with Rex's inability to run an offense solo. The man comes up with a philosophy (ground and pound) and leaves it up to the OC to execute. It boils down to him not knowing the offense as well as he does defense.

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash
    jetsfansince'67 that was a great post. you hit on everything. I am prepared for this team to be less then mediocre for a few seasons.
    Originally Posted by erickench
    At least Lackey had a winning record for the Red Sox. His ERA was just a little high.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123