Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JETS TURN! View Post
    Sounds like you have a little soft spot.. Obviously people know trades don't just happen especially before the deadline but someone can say we "should" trade this player without being attacked by everyone saying this ain't madden.. This is a forum and If I say I think we should trade Bart Scott I don't need to be attacked by people like you
    you're right, this is a forum... and if you post an opinion, you assume the risk that someone will respond to your post/opnion. and if that post/opinion is factually impossible or unfeasible, you will likely hear a response from someone who lives in reality.

if you disagree with that concept, maybe an internet forum is not the place for you. you'd probably be better served having a conversation with yourself in the mirror if you don't want to hear a differing opinion, especially one that calls out the foolishness of your opinion.
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    Sounds like you have a little soft spot.. Obviously people know trades don't just happen especially before the deadline but someone can say we "should" trade this player without being attacked by everyone saying this ain't madden.. This is a forum and If I say I think we should trade Bart Scott I don't need to be attacked by people like you
    Because his premise of the thread is unrealistic, much like Madden.
    Do you see the correlation?

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    Because his premise of the thread is unrealistic, much like Madden.
    Do you see the correlation?
    i "think" we should trade our 7th round pick this year for a 3rd, 4th and 5th from whichever team finishes with the worst record in the league.

don't attack my opinion!!!!!!
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe View Post
    i "think" we should trade our 7th round pick this year for a 3rd, 4th and 5th from whichever team finishes with the worst record in the league.

don't attack my opinion!!!!!!
    Your opinion is not logical at all when someone is saying we should trade Bart Scott for a 6 or 7th is more realistic I have not seen anyone say we should give a 7 for 3 picks that would be absurd.

I'm not worrying about people attacking my opinion I don't cry of words from a stranger..but you just ruin the forum when bashing people for there opinions and fortunately I like forum a lot and want it to last and if people like you stick around no one will ever post... Jxd2
    NY JETS .we just can't win the games we need to win
    NY Yankees
    NY Knicks
    LETS BALL!!!

2013 NFL PSD MOCK DRAFT:
    1ST RD PICK 9: KEKE MINGO OLB
    2nd rd pick: Giovanni Bernard rb
    3rd rd pick: Zac dysert Qb
    4th rd pick: xavier nixon Og
    5th rd pick: D.C jefferson Te
    6th rd pick: Sio Moore Lb

vCash
    Your opinion is not logical at all when someone is saying we should trade Bart Scott for a 6 or 7th is more realistic I have not seen anyone say we should give a 7 for 3 picks that would be absurd.

I'm not worrying about people attacking my opinion I don't cry of words from a stranger..but you just ruin the forum when bashing people for there opinions and fortunately I like forum a lot and want it to last and if people like you stick around no one will ever post... Jxd2
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    Funny right..
    NY Yankees
    NY Knicks
    LETS BALL!!!

2013 NFL PSD MOCK DRAFT:

vCash
    Funny right..
    that my intentionally ridiculous proposed trade went completely over your head? yes...
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    No **** Sherlock..
    NY Yankees
    NY Knicks
    LETS BALL!!!

2013 NFL PSD MOCK DRAFT:

vCash
    Yeah, blocking that guy was a stroke of genius. Ahhh. Serenity now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by John X Doe View Post
    Yeah, blocking that guy was a stroke of genius. Ahhh. Serenity now.
    can you just go away or ban yourself please

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash
    anyone know who kiper mocked to us in the midseason reports

vCash
    Here is a big thing that many are forgetting, or don't get. We were never "POWER HOUSES" in '09 - good luck, and a new HC with a fresh defensive scheme that is no longer fresh. 9-7 was a gift, and as we can attest - once a team reaches the playoffs, anything can happen - just ask the Giants (although we never had that talent level - we were a team that believed, and a coach that finally got to do whatever he wanted on defense). The O-line, and solid running game was the key, BUT it was with an average RB, Thomas Jones - who averaged the same YPC @ 4.2, that Greene did last year

2010 - we're a dead 7-9 team without 4 great comebacks. Yes, we had a top rushing attack - but the core of that O-line is still here, and Tomlinson had his last hurrah. Sanchez does better, and is particularly clutch at the end of games and in playoffs. REX's defensive scheme's are still enough to beat better teams.

2011 - Sanchez has his best year, with his worst WRs (until this year that is), the defense is ranked 5th, but is no longer scaring anyone - AND REALLY, HAS NEVER BEEN THE DEFENSE THAT HELD ON FOR THE BIG WIN - they've been choking leads away since 2009.

So where was this powerhouse team. We were a together team, with a fresh outlook, and we got some serious good luck.

We are a weaker team now, with a defensive scheme that doesn't fool anyone, and can't get off the field on 3rd down, or shut other good teams down. We have no pass rushers, weak, old LBs (Maybin was always a joke, as I said last year - he just got lucky on some coverage sacks) -except a slightly above average D. Harris - who is payed like the best LB in the NFL, and hopefully, a developing Demario Davis. We have good CBs - 1 great one that may never be the same, 1 potentially great one when he doesn't have his head up his butt, 1 above average CB in Wilson - that just never seems to come up with the big play when needed, and in Isaiah Trufant (?) - I hope he becomes the "kid from nowhere," but I wouldn't hold my breath. Safeties - Landry is a decent, but somewhat limited SS - Bell is average, Bush has showed nothing as he's only played a handful of snaps - and Antonio Allen may develop into decent SS - although then what does Landry do. D-line - who knows - Neither Wilkerson or Coples has come out like a mid 1st rounder, at least in the pass rushing department, and Devito is a warrior, but a lunch pail guy that will never be great, and Po'uha just can't seem to return to his "career year" level of last year, and Kenrick Ellis - he has a lot to prove, too!

Offense - We had a decent, not great, but decent set of receivers in 2010, when we had Cotchery, and Holmes and Edwards, who were both playing for their next contract - neither have been anywhere near that level since that year, and frankly - Holmes will never be a #1 WR, and his bad character, and attitude will always make him a liability. Kerley is looking like he may be a solid - not spectacular, slot receiver that is the kind of guy you expect to get in the 5th round - at least occasionally. Stephen Hill - all the raw talent in the world, and if Crabtree, and Heyward-Bey can learn how to catch the ball - so can Hill, but he's a liability this year, and he's probably our #1 WR as of now. Schilens, Jason Hill, Clyde Gates (maybe he can learn - at least he is very fast, and might just turn into a solid WR for us) are just not very good!

TE - Keller is in the last year of his contract, he's Sanchez's favorite target, but that might mean nothing - he's a below average blocker, and not a "star TE,: but he's the best we have - he's going to be looking for a lot of money - I think, at best, he gets the Franchise tag, although he's the best receiver we've got. Cumberland - great physical specimen, big-fast, former WR - poor blocker, and not able to use his physical gifts, at least - not yet. K. Reuland - he's a "pass catching TE," and not that good at that, but he gives his all, which is laudable. Hayden - he's a rugby player! If he can turn his physical abilities into a NFL TE - who knows, but that would be great.

RB - Yikes! I thought Shonn Greene was going to be a solid - NEVER SPECTACULAR - but solid 4.2 ypc slug it out RB, but he's not there, and probably is never going to be. Powell is an average 5th round RB. McKnight could, maybe, be a serious RB that has the potential to take it to the house, but he was hampered by immaturity, and now by injuries. He may be the only keeper in the bunch.

O-line - D'Brickishaw Ferguson is an average, to slightly above average LT, and just isn't a "ground and pound type of LT." It's clear that the "Vladiator" (I hope he can be) Ducasse is going to be our LG next year as Slauson's contract expires, and he gets jettisoned. Nick Mangold is the only true "pro bowler," and is a top level center. RG - serious issue as B. Moore's hips are deteriorating, and I just can't imagine him being there next year, UNLESS - we can't find/afford someone better, but he's an UFA after this year. I love Moore's toughness, integrity, and mean-streaked play, but I believe he's done as a Jet. RT - Austin Howard, although not great, has been a revelation, really, as MrT snagged him off the PS of the Ravens - he's an UFA after this year, and I hope he will sign for cheap. Justin Smith is due $12-something million next year. It's great to have a solid back-up OT, but he'd have to take a HUGE pay cut. The loss of Faneca and Woody has had a big effect - and we really need to get back to that level.

There is no doubt that our talent level has declined - but lets not kid ourselves that we were some power house in REX's 1st 2 years. We were solid, and got lucky, and almost made it. That was great, but we weren't great, and the defense was so dependent on scheme, rather than straight up good-great players, and now that scheme is a bit old.

The thing that hurts the worst, for me, is Sanchez, Holmes and Harris are going to eat up over 25% of the team's salary next year, SO - going to have to find (and get lucky) some great young players, and stop giving gobs of money to the wrong players. To me - that means MrT has to go!

GO JETS!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CAVEMAN5 View Post
    anyone know who kiper mocked to us in the midseason reports
    Did anyone tell you the draft is in April?

vCash
    Since when does 9-7 >>> AFC title game
    11-5>>> AFC title game (stop w/ the 4 lucky wins please, thats the nfl)
    8-8 >>> Alive week 17 to sneak into playoffs
    Translate into needing a new head coach and GM! They drafted Sanchez, the QB we alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll wanted after the Farve Fiasco.. We cant monday morning quaterback that now.. The QB is not that good... He's bordering BAD now.. and he's single handedly turning this fanbase against the most aggressive GM we've ever had and the Proudest coach to be a Jet we've ever had. You guys should be ashamed of yourselves turning on this regime so quickly... AS IF.. as a Jets fan, you come from greener pastures... Bring Kotite back, Bring Coslet back, Bring Pete Carroll back... or maybe you want Parcells & Bellichick who both left us at the Alter with our pants at our ankles... Rex Ryan is the best thing to happen to the New York Jets in a generation.. and NOW we wanna get rid of him becuz he "talks" too much.. bla bla bla.. We're damn new yorkers.. we all talk too much... WAIT, didnt we fire the coach before REX becuz he didnt "TALK" enough.. was too boring... MAKE UP YOUR MINDS JETS FANS.. Bottom line is this.. in the REX RYAN era, the Jets are 31-25 in the regular season and 4-2 in the playoffs.. Oh I get it, u want the Herman Jets who drafted Mike Nugent in the 2nd round because they couldnt hit a FG in pittsburgh the year before in the divisional round. NO THANKS, let ERIC & HERMAN continue their days jobs on ESPN, and for my money, Ill stick with the coach who wants to be here, wants to win and at the end of the day is learning on the job and doing it the way a new yorker would do it. HIS WAY!!!

vCash
    Damn. Even Jetsfansince'67 isn't as positive as before and he is absolutely right. This team, other than Cro, Kerley, Trufant and Folk, has regressed. Terrible job by Mike T in terms of salaries given out. Hopefully the contracts are built like Donovan McNabb's (100 mil contract but 3+ mil eaten when cut) if those guys don't figure it out.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast