Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

What are we doing makes no sense

Seriously what the **** is our front office doing !!!!! Not one move before the deadline . Look at the patirots they just traded for Aqib Talib yes he is a headcase and has problems with the law but he is a damn good corner and will vastly improve our enemy !!!! We could have traded scott/pace/tebow/green/moore for draft picks but no we are stupid and sat on our *****. I love the JETS and will always be a die hard fan but we need to make major changes top to bottom.

vCash

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Ldog14 View Post
    Seriously what the **** is our front office doing !!!!! Not one move before the deadline . Look at the patirots they just traded for Aqib Talib yes he is a headcase and has problems with the law but he is a damn good corner and will vastly improve our enemy !!!! We could have traded scott/pace/tebow/green/moore for draft picks but no we are stupid and sat on our *****. I love the JETS and will always be a die hard fan but we need to make major changes top to bottom.
    Ok dude number one step back from the ledge. The patriots got a corner who's not good in man coverage, he's more of a cover two type of corner. Not scaring me one bit. BTW Mr. Die hard fan, you should know Scott and Pace have ridiculous contracts and would draw interest from NO ONE. And why would we trade Moore? Do we have a better option I don't know about on our roster? The only person you mention who actually makes sense is Greene, but with the way he's playing no one would want him Either. So please relax and take a breathe before making a thread that will soon turn into a bash fest and be locked...

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash
    Chill dude, like sco just said Talib is a headcase and it would be hard to move Pace or Scott due to there crazy contracts. If you consider that a major move for our rival its not.

vCash
    real life is not madden... you can't just make a trade and force the CPU to accept it. it takes two to tango.
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe View Post
    real life is not madden... you can't just make a trade and force the CPU to accept it. it takes two to tango.
    Do you even own madden? Trades are not easy anymore
    NY JETS .we just can't win the games we need to win
    NY Yankees
    NY Knicks
    LETS BALL!!!

2013 NFL PSD MOCK DRAFT:
    1ST RD PICK 9: KEKE MINGO OLB
    2nd rd pick: Giovanni Bernard rb
    3rd rd pick: Zac dysert Qb
    4th rd pick: xavier nixon Og
    5th rd pick: D.C jefferson Te
    6th rd pick: Sio Moore Lb

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JETS TURN! View Post
    I think everyone still gets the point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Fan Tdot View Post
    I think everyone still gets the point.
    Yeaa but people ned to stop acting like we are saying stuff that is immposible to do.. Madden or not
    NY Yankees
    NY Knicks
    LETS BALL!!!

2013 NFL PSD MOCK DRAFT:

vCash
    Yeaa but people ned to stop acting like we are saying stuff that is immposible to do.. Madden or not
    Saying that we could have traded scott/pace/tebow/green/moore for draft picks proved to be impossible to do at the deadline.

vCash
    Did NYspirit change his username?

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash
    I have no interest, anymore, in MrT doing anything. Really, since those miraculous 1st 2 years of TREX - nothing has made much sense - and we really have to remember that we got really lucky at the end in '09, and if it wasn't for 4 miraculous comebacks in '10 - we never would have made the play-offs then either.

MrT is gone - He has to be! The fact that Sanchez's contract was extended "for cap relief," but we didn't use a dime of that, and now he will garner $12,897,125 million of next years money, and Satan-io Holmes will get $12.5 million, and Mr. Mediocre - David Harris - is going to get $13 million next year - nothing else needs to be said - MrT's few draft hits have cost multiple picks - leaving us woefully short on young, developing depth, and potential stars, and continues to mismanage the "Big Money" - FIRED!

REX - what can I say about REX - his defenses aren't scaring ANYONE - and not only is "ground and pound," without the ability to make big plays, an anachronism (something left over from the old days that doesn't fit anymore), and we've got an OC that has nothing to boast of (the 2008 wildcat wasn't his idea), and I have a feeling that some, maybe a lot, of REX's credibility as HC of the NYJ may be used up with self-serving blustery and self-promotion! STILL - I think it would take a HUGE NAME coach that wants to be GM to get rid of REX. We have to remember that Wood-dick is all about NOW - and that's not how NFL Teams are made. If enough fans start calling for REX's head - which I sort of doubt - OR - if this year spirals out of control - I mean really bad - then Wooddick will probably grab his Chairman of the Board Gavel, and smack it down like "The Donald," and fire whomever - including REX.

The scariest thing of all is that I truly believe Wooddick Johnson is just as happy to make media splashes, maybe more so, than he is in biting the bullet, and taking the time to clean house, and start building a consistently sound team, with depth, and not wasting huge chunks of money on average "big contract time" players.

Nothing is making sense, to me, about how this team is built, and managed - including their underlying philosophy, in fact - "Play like a Jet," is stolen from the Ravens - "Play like a Raven."

With all of this said - I am still going to scream my head off, and pour my heart into every game, and hope we get lucky, or even better (although very unlikely), the "plan starts to come together."

Oh, and I am so tired reading posts about "trading" our high priced, weak players for ANYTHING - let alone good players, or draft picks. Nobody in this league - except for Wood-dick, are willing to trade for other teams nightmares - but Wood-dick - he wants to spend a 4th and a 6th for an elephant in the lock-room - need I name him - and guess what - Tebow is making more than Matt Flynn is this year, > 4 million with all his bonuses.

GO JETS!!!

GO JETS!!!
    Last edited by jetsfansince'67; 11-03-2012 at 03:18 PM.

vCash
    jesus christ, is the point not obvious?!?! you can't just say "trade these guys..." and expect it should or even could happen. what if no team gives you a serious offer? what if the best anyone offers is significantly less than you think the player is worth?
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    All those players wouldn't get anything better than a 6th or a 7th round pick and from the last 4 years out of 8 picks in the 6th and 7th round only 4 still remain with the team (McElroy, J Bush, A Allen, M Slauson) then you gotta think about is losing a player that has at least produced a little bit this year worth trading away for a pick that may not even make the roster next year? it's better to just let them play out this year and say goodbye at the offseason. "You Play to Win the Game"

And for all those always complaining about the Jets not making moves in the last couple off-seasons I just wanna point out There is only about 2 WR last year that are even producing or worth it (Vincent Jackson, Pierre Garçon) Brandon Marshall was traded and Miami wouldnt trade him to us and maybe you can add Jerome Simpson to the list of "maybe good" but no RB were even worth it last year that are even producing much now

The year before only one good RB (Reggie Bush) and he had fallen out in NO so not many were interested and the WR we signed Plax hoping he would work out and there wasn't really any other WR worth it

And I'll even go in 2010 we took a chance on LT and Santonio Holmes and they had produced the first year they were here

A bunch of unsure pass rushers the last couple years no big names that the Jets wanted to pay big $$$ to only 3-4 LB pass-rusher even worth of is Wimbley but on the Browns as a 3-4 LB he didn't produce much

The draft is all about taking a chance no one knows if a player is gonna produce of not sure it's easy to say oh we should have drafted him 3 years after but its like people forget Arian Foster was undrafted and Mike Wallace wasnt picked in the 1st round, Victor Cruz was undrafted, and Lamar Woodley was picked in the second round the selection Right before the Jets had traded up to draft David Harris who had been very good his first few years

but the Jets do their best to improve our team without having to lose our core players so please everybody stop with that the Jets aren't trying to improve this team and this and that and really look at the bigger picture and tell me who they should have gotten that could have really made a difference.

vCash
    As Jet fans we have every right to be furious. Our team has went from an AFC powerhouse to a garbage dump. Whos to blame? I blame our FO and somewhat Rex for failing to do good in the draft, Mangini actually did his homework in the draft and his guys have been successful for us. We need to stop trading draftpicks for other teams trash ex Holmes, Tebow, few others. Rex and the FO actually need to do there homework and draft players instead of trading the picks away.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe View Post
    jesus christ, is the point not obvious?!?! you can't just say "trade these guys..." and expect it should or even could happen. what if no team gives you a serious offer? what if the best anyone offers is significantly less than you think the player is worth?
    Sounds like you have a little soft spot.. Obviously people know trades don't just happen especially before the deadline but someone can say we "should" trade this player without being attacked by everyone saying this ain't madden.. This is a forum and If I say I think we should trade Bart Scott I don't need to be attacked by people like you
    NY Yankees
    NY Knicks
    LETS BALL!!!

2013 NFL PSD MOCK DRAFT:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsnQueens7 View Post
    As Jet fans we have every right to be furious. Our team has went from an AFC powerhouse to a garbage dump. Whos to blame? I blame our FO and somewhat Rex for failing to do good in the draft, Mangini actually did his homework in the draft and his guys have been successful for us. We need to stop trading draftpicks for other teams trash ex Holmes, Tebow, few others. Rex and the FO actually need to do there homework and draft players instead of trading the picks away.
    being angry is absolutely a right we as fans have, considering the downward trajectory of this team since the back-to-back AFC title game seasons. but getting angry at something that might not even be possible or feasible (not you, but others in this thread) is patently absurd. be angry at that lack of depth at key positions or the lack of speed from the LB position that kills us every game over the middle.
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast