Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Opalmerr View Post
    A primary reason Milicic has never lived up to the hype is he has hands of stone. Believed it to be a poor signing while hoping I was wrong. Don't think I was. Resting hopes on him to fix the C's rebounding woes is ridiculous.

Miss Steimsma..... smh..... sad state of affairs when, that.
    Agreed, but also Darko.... I said this almost month ago, the guy is outta shape, period. He has shown Doc Rivers no sign he should/ want/ needs playing time.

I watched three hour Celtic practice. The guy was having trouble getting back on defense, missing easy reads, failed step up high screen, missed basic switch, and didn't block out atleast 3-5 times I can recall. Thats just to start.....Oh and not to mention he's 40lbs overweight!

Yeah theres a reason Doc Rivers gave him 0mins last night vs Nets (11/15)

LARRY BIRD
    NBA WORLD CHAMPION 1981,1984,1986

" The greatest basketball player and mind of all time. "

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird Fan View Post
    Agreed, but also Darko.... I said this almost month ago, the guy is outta shape, period. He has shown Doc Rivers no sign he should/ want/ needs playing time.

I watched three hour Celtic practice. The guy was having trouble getting back on defense, missing easy reads, failed step up high screen, missed basic switch, and didn't block out atleast 3-5 times I can recall. Thats just to start.....Oh and not to mention he's 40lbs overweight!

Yeah theres a reason Doc Rivers gave him 0mins last night vs Nets (11/15)
    ****ing guy. What a waste of space. I'd like to inject some KG, Russell, and McHale DNA into that thing he calls a brain.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by xk4 View Post
    I was watching the Clippers handle Miami the other night, and I noticed how many energy players they have this year. Hollins, Turiaf, Matt Barnes, it makes a huge difference when guys scrap and start fights just for the sake of it.

Our team needs someone to embrace that role

Hopefully Bradley will be a shot in the arm until the playoffs
    +1

Could really use a 6'10" energy guy
    Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI • 14m •  More
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

vCash
    +1

Could really use a 6'10" energy guy
    I agree.

I also think that we need to give Sully a bit more time and he could fill that role easily this season. Hes's a fighter under the boards (especially offensive) and when hes fighting underneath the boards like he can, we look like an entirely different team.
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    If Sullinger ever finishes an NBA season in the top 75 in Win Shares, I'll quit the forum.
    ^^ Deal taken! ^^

vCash
    The lack of rebounding really makes games hard to watch...

vCash
    energy guy? Cut Jason Collins *** in bring in Birdman or k-Mart please.

vCash
    The C's energy guy besides KG and AB is Bass... He needs to stop falling into the Big Baby trap of jump shots and use some of that athleticism and muscle he has like Reggie Evans and bang in the paint for rebounds...

He said himself that his focus this season was getting better on the rebounding side... Time to show it Brandon... 5-3-5 rebounds in the last 3 games...

http://hoopshype.com/rumors/tag/brandon_bass

It's under the oct. 16 rumor...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

vCash
    Ok, I know it was the Raptors but yesterday provided a glimpse of what this team can aspire to.

37 assists on 43 field goals.

Every Celtic player that played scored at least 4 points

KG played 17:10
    Pierce played 25:21
    Rondo played 32:12

Just about perfect, imo. Like to see KG at about 24 minutes. Rondo at maybe 34, but that's nitpicking.

Bench contribues 41 pts, 19 rebounds, 10 assists, 5 steals

*** Not ready to say they have it all figured out, but damn! And yeah, it was against the Raptors, but if they continue to build on what they started to show in Chicago and have carried through on since... yeah, they have a chnace to be pretty good.

Pierce 25:21
    Bass 24:16
    KG 17:10
    Terry 29:19
    Rondo 32:12

Wilcox 24:45
    Sullinger 26:23
    Lee 18:41
    Barbosa 15:48
    Green 26:05
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever35 View Post
    The C's energy guy besides KG and AB is Bass... He needs to stop falling into the Big Baby trap of jump shots and use some of that athleticism and muscle he has like Reggie Evans and bang in the paint for rebounds...

He said himself that his focus this season was getting better on the rebounding side... Time to show it Brandon... 5-3-5 rebounds in the last 3 games...

http://hoopshype.com/rumors/tag/brandon_bass

It's under the oct. 16 rumor...
    I was thinking about this / Bass / Big Baby the other day. For one delusional moment I thought it would be nice to have Baby with this group instead of Bass because of the exuberance Baby plays with.

Bass ... doesn't bring quite the same dynamic, but you are 100% correct about the rebounding aspect. I think Wilcox brings some energy and hopefully ever more so as he gets back in the flow of playing again.

vCash
    Ok, I know it was the Raptors but yesterday provided a glimpse of what this team can aspire to.
    True plus regardless you still have to play... Perfect game if played right is a good way to continue the chemistry and minute building for certain guys...

Bench contribues 41 pts, 19 rebounds, 10 assists, 5 steals
    Perfect game for the bench to learn each others tendencies and to continue working on Doc's defensive schemes...

*** Not ready to say they have it all figured out, but damn! And yeah, it was against the Raptors, but if they continue to build on what they started to show in Chicago and have carried through on since... yeah, they have a chnace to be pretty good.
    When AB returns he'll add the defensive prowess this team needs to show how good DA envisioned them to be...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

vCash
    Definitely a step backwards tonight against the lowly Pistons.

Can sum up the game by pointing out the Celtics had 12 assists on 32 field goals.... with Rondo getting 10 of them.... and it was stupid having him in late during a blowout just to preserve the streak.

Only other C's with an assist tonight? Jeff Green and Barbosa with one each.

Pathetic.

Celtics with 17 turnovers..... and 12 freaking assists....... :cry:

vCash
    how about no one having more than 5 rebounds?

vCash
    We are to thin inside. We must look at other options, this team just can't get it done inside. I know you don't need a low post scorer NBA anymore to win, but you need someone to box out and rebound, period.

LARRY BIRD
    NBA WORLD CHAMPION 1981,1984,1986

" The greatest basketball player and mind of all time. "

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird Fan View Post
    We are to thin inside. We must look at other options, this team just can't get it done inside. I know you don't need a low post scorer NBA anymore to win, but you need someone to box out and rebound, period.
    Pre season I gave the depth at the 5 and lack of a standout at the 4 as the reasons we can't win a title, and you checked it off as a yes, or visa versa.

A 6'10.5" guy that can play 20 MPG with 3.5/7.5 would be useful, but probably still not enough since either KG or Wilcox is bound to end up sitting at some point with injuries.

We'll see. 1990-1991 Celts come to mind (not for the bigs problem - just the age of the stars angle), 56 wins, out in the semi's.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    This team wins without rebounding well. It was a weakness last season. It is a weakness this season.

Sharing the ball has been a team strength. Last night ... it was a glaring weakness.

Play to your strengths and minimize your weaknesses. It's what every team does, or tries to do.

Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast