Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    vCash
    ben wallace anybody?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain City View Post
    ben wallace anybody?
    No..... the dudes like, what, 38 or 39 years old?
    Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI • 14m •  More
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Celticsfan2007 View Post
    Anderson Varajao anyone?
    Verajao would put us over the top. I doubt Cleveland takes Sullinger, Barbosa, and Joseph though.

"Stats are for losers. The final score is for winners." - Bill Belichick

vCash
    I'm begnning to think this won't get sorted out until Bradley returns.

OR

{erhaps even until a trade is made to acquire a quality BIG and shed some of the excess.
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Opalmerr View Post
    I'm begnning to think this won't get sorted out until Bradley returns.

OR

{erhaps even until a trade is made to acquire a quality BIG and shed some of the excess.
    I'd send Bass to Denver in a heartbeat for Mozgov or Koufos

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by xk4 View Post
    I'd send Bass to Denver in a heartbeat for Mozgov or Koufos
    I thought Koufos was worth consideration but he went off the board really early in the process.

vCash
    Who are you looking at? (even semi-realistically)

vCash
    I honestly do not know at this point. I think DA has assembled a lot of possible trade pieces though. To name anyone right now... be more my wishful thinking rather than something I have thought out and looked into to see if it is even feasible.... matching salaries and all that CBA stuff.

vCash
    I don't think this team ever had much of a chance to win it all...

Should have just went into 100% rebuild, and hope for a diff maker in the draft (noel anyone?)..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bos_Sports4Life View Post
    I don't think this team ever had much of a chance to win it all...

Should have just went into 100% rebuild, and hope for a diff maker in the draft (noel anyone?)..
    I said the same thing very early in the year - watch for flying objects.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    I like Doc's distribution of minutes tonight. For perhaps the first time this year I feel like they are getting it figured out. Now, if they can build on it.

Pierce 32:46
    Bass 34:18
    KG 28:37
    Terry 26:26
    Rondo 37:23
    Sullinger 12:54
    Wilcox 19:23
    Lee 17:47
    Green 15:14
    Barbosa 15:12

Green's injury took a few minutes from him. Would still like to see Rondo down under 35 minutes
    Last edited by Opalmerr; 11-12-2012 at 10:47 PM.

vCash
    I like Doc's distribution of minutes tonight. For perhaps the first time this year I feel like they are getting it figured out. Now, if they can build on it.

Pierce 32:46
    Bass 34:18
    KG 28:37
    Terry 26:26
    Rondo 37:23
    Sullinger 12:54
    Wilcox 19:23
    Lee 17:47
    Green 15:14
    Barbosa 15:12

Green's injury took a few minutes from him. Would still like to see Rondo down under 35 minutes
    Yes they looked closer to what was hoped/expected. Good info on the minutes. Didn't like how the Bulls came up on them towards the end - a depleted Bulls squad.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Yes they looked closer to what was hoped/expected. Good info on the minutes. Didn't like how the Bulls came up on them towards the end - a depleted Bulls squad.
    They won on the road.

And it could be argued the Celtics are also "depleted" given Bradley's absence.

Last night was a significant positive step. Now to take another one. If Doc can continue spreading the minutes like he did last night the depth will really come into play. When this roster is healthy I think Doc has to play 10 guys every night and forget about paring down the rotation to 8 guys.

vCash
    They won on the road.

And it could be argued the Celtics are also "depleted" given Bradley's absence.

Last night was a significant positive step. Now to take another one. If Doc can continue spreading the minutes like he did last night the depth will really come into play. When this roster is healthy I think Doc has to play 10 guys every night and forget about paring down the rotation to 8 guys.

They/ Celtics beat a very depleted Bulls Team, thats it.

The Celtics are not depleted at all, they have a depth of talent. If anything they have a lot at one spot (back court) not enough at (front court).

"Significant positive step forward" is a reach. Celtics played tight again down the strech, lost large lead, held on to win against a team missing their best player/ other injurys also.

Bulls defense late (4th) wasn't that good (Bass free baseline), and had no ansewer for Rondo, that's it.

Im not ready to say significant progress.

LARRY BIRD
    NBA WORLD CHAMPION 1981,1984,1986

" The greatest basketball player and mind of all time. "

vCash
    They are making adjustments with Pierce just as they have with KG

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketb...d3O/story.html

Paul Pierce said after Saturday’s win over Milwaukee that he’s getting accustomed to a new offensive role. Instead of allowing Pierce to take defenders off the dribble, Rivers has changed Pierce’s spacing on the floor, where he is coming off more screens, similar to Ray Allen.

Rivers said the change was necessary because of Pierce’s advancing age.

“I just don’t think Paul is as athletic as he used to be,” Rivers said. “Where before it was great having the luxury of knowing that at any time you swing it to Paul, he’ll beat his guy and score, now guys are doing a better job staying with him, and so we feel like we have to get a body off of him. We felt that last year but Paul didn’t feel that. Now Paul feels that, and that’s good. He’s already good at pin-downs, coming off of them but it’s still an adjustment for him and he’s got to get used to it.”

I still think playing PP and KG seperately is a good thing - provides balance in so many ways and negates having two aging warriors on the court at the same time so much of the time. As I stated in the other thread, at crunch time, yeah.

Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast