Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Opalmerr View Post
    I have often thought Doc tries to fit new guys into old / lost roles. He doesn't always play to the new players actual strengths.
    Looking back now DA would have been better off keeping TA and Baby...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

vCash
    Random thoughts...

* The last 3 games demonstrate the C's have rediscovered their defensive identity. As Sun Tzu stated, with the defence lies invincibility. No, the C's are not invincible when they play good defense but it does provide them an opportunity to win.

* Jeff Green was sensational with his 1 v 1 defending of LeBron. Never going to stop LeBron but Green made him work for everything he got while matched against him.

* Offense is still deplorable.

* Aggressive attacking play allowed the C's to win this game at the line. Made more FT's than the Heat attempted. An amazing stat when you think about it.

* Rondo tore an ACL and immediately proclaimed he would be back in 2 weeks. I would laugh except I have first hand knowledge of this being possible. I think it would be ill-advised for him to play on it, but he could. Again, I have seen it done. Why push the operation back until after the season? He would essentially miss all of next season if he did so. Would hope the C's / doctors counsel him against this.

* I don't think Rondo's injury changes the trade landscape much at all. They will likely look for anoher guard, a true point guard. Shelvin Mack's 10 day contract is up tomorrow or Tuesday and if not signed to a second by Philly, I would hope to see him signed by the C's. He's been running their systems at Maine so he would be more prepared than signing someone else. Unless anyone thinks a third go-round with Delonte West is in the mix.

* Paul Pierce... a cluster of horrendous turnovers late in recent games and one of the worst shooting slumps I have ever seen a "star" player go through. I'm beginning to wonder what's really up with him.

* Anyone else notice Jeff Green bring the ball up the court after made baskets? He scored early but then almost seamless transistioned into a defensive stopper role AND brough the ball up court to initiate the offense. That's value, right there.

* Been up and down with this team all season long. I really like he defensive intensity on display this past few days. It's what their identity needs to be. Here's hoping they can sustain it.
    Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI 14m  More
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

vCash
    Let's hope Danny is on the phone with Toronto trying to get Lowry or Calderon. Remember, Rondo will most likely be out until at least Christmas, so we'll need a PG going into next year as well. We need to think full time point guard and not 10 day contract players, as our PG need is going to be long term.

"Stats are for losers. The final score is for winners." - Bill Belichick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 69centers View Post
    Let's hope Danny is on the phone with Toronto trying to get Lowry or Calderon. Remember, Rondo will most likely be out until at least Christmas, so we'll need a PG going into next year as well. We need to think full time point guard and not 10 day contract players, as our PG need is going to be long term.
    Nope.

Tread carefully here.

The team is not in contention right now so there is no sense paying a premimum for someone else's back up pg. Could even go with what they have thereby developing pg skills in Lee and Bradley that would pay off in the future.

Draft is coming up and there are several very good, albeit smallish, point guards in the draft.

Lot's of available paths to pick from. Need to balance present with future.

Kenyon Dooling is even a possibility?

And I am not ruling Rondo attempting to play out until we hear it from his own mouth or DAnny's or Doc's
    Last edited by Opalmerr; 01-27-2013 at 05:38 PM.
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

vCash
    I'm thinking Jeremy Pargo is about to get a call.

vCash
    I forgot about Jeremy Pargo. I got him confused with his brother who is with Atlanta. Jeremy was cut by Cleveland and is no doubt in need of a job.

BTW, neither Lowry nor Calderon are "back up" point guards. Both are starting caliber players and the issue in Toronto is they don't need both, as neither are content with a back up role.

"Stats are for losers. The final score is for winners." - Bill Belichick

vCash
    Random thoughts...

* The last 3 games demonstrate the C's have rediscovered their defensive identity. As Sun Tzu stated, with the defence lies invincibility. No, the C's are not invincible when they play good defense but it does provide them an opportunity to win.

* Jeff Green was sensational with his 1 v 1 defending of LeBron. Never going to stop LeBron but Green made him work for everything he got while matched against him.

* Offense is still deplorable.

* Aggressive attacking play allowed the C's to win this game at the line. Made more FT's than the Heat attempted. An amazing stat when you think about it.

* Rondo tore an ACL and immediately proclaimed he would be back in 2 weeks. I would laugh except I have first hand knowledge of this being possible. I think it would be ill-advised for him to play on it, but he could. Again, I have seen it done. Why push the operation back until after the season? He would essentially miss all of next season if he did so. Would hope the C's / doctors counsel him against this.

* I don't think Rondo's injury changes the trade landscape much at all. They will likely look for anoher guard, a true point guard. Shelvin Mack's 10 day contract is up tomorrow or Tuesday and if not signed to a second by Philly, I would hope to see him signed by the C's. He's been running their systems at Maine so he would be more prepared than signing someone else. Unless anyone thinks a third go-round with Delonte West is in the mix.

* Paul Pierce... a cluster of horrendous turnovers late in recent games and one of the worst shooting slumps I have ever seen a "star" player go through. I'm beginning to wonder what's really up with him.

* Anyone else notice Jeff Green bring the ball up the court after made baskets? He scored early but then almost seamless transistioned into a defensive stopper role AND brough the ball up court to initiate the offense. That's value, right there.

* Been up and down with this team all season long. I really like he defensive intensity on display this past few days. It's what their identity needs to be. Here's hoping they can sustain it.
    One of the best post, nice job. ^^^

I agree with everything listed above and well put.

A lot I liked yesterday was J. Green on LBJ. Your right, Green made him work. I liked Green match against LBJ a ton. This is why J. Green has such high value. It's not just his offense but his size and defense.

PP is having a really tough time. I wonder how much has gotten into his head? I think he pulls outta his slump post All- Star break.

Yeah, lets see the Celtics sustain some sucess. I wanna see next 10 games. I wanna see how the Celtics respond.

LARRY BIRD
    NBA WORLD CHAMPION 1981,1984,1986

" The greatest basketball player and mind of all time. "

vCash
    I'm thinking Jeremy Pargo is about to get a call.
    What about D. West? Or West old college teammate, Orlando Magic are sellers what about J. Nelson?

LARRY BIRD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird Fan View Post
    One of the best post, nice job. ^^^

I agree with everything listed above and well put.

A lot I liked yesterday was J. Green on LBJ. Your right, Green made him work. I liked Green match against LBJ a ton. This is why J. Green has such high value. It's not just his offense but his size and defense.

PP is having a really tough time. I wonder how much has gotten into his head? I think he pulls outta his slump post All- Star break.

Yeah, lets see the Celtics sustain some sucess. I wanna see next 10 games. I wanna see how the Celtics respond.
    Thanks for the kind words.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird Fan View Post
    What about D. West? Or West old college teammate, Orlando Magic are sellers what about J. Nelson?
    What is the purpose of making a trade?

Are the C's looking to contend or "blow it up"?

This is a point guard or ball dominant player driven league. The Celtic's just lost theirs. The trade chips are not present to secure another. It was debateable if trade chips were present to secure a second dependable scorer / big.

Trade to blow things up? No need to trade in order for that to happen. It's been happening right before our eyes most of this season. AND the C's have transitional guys / contracts locked in. Ride it out. Or if you are serious KG, Pierce and Terry are the 3 that should go. Contending teams would love to have any of the 3, but once again, the return is not going to a handful of draft picks and young star players. It will be minimal in the eyes of most here.

Trade just to get a point guard? C's have no leverage. Rondo getting hurt is the leagues worst kept secret right now. Price is going to be high trying to secure a pg. Probably cost a chip or two targeted for the rebuilding process. With the team under .500 is that really worth it?

Sign a vet FA or someone from D League. FA from foreign leagues will also be coming available. Sign someone bought out at deadline. Or as I posted elsewhere, develop pt guard skills in Bradley and Lee for the future. And we shouldn't forget that Barbosa and Terry are capable. I think Terry averaged 7 assists per game one year?

Lots, LOTS to consider.

Pargo, West are a place to start. Mack if Philly does re-sign him. Maybe Barrett.

vCash
    well Shelvin Mack isnt an option...atleast for another 10 days

The Sixers have re-signed Shelvin Mack to a second 10-day contract.This is his first blurb since signing his first 10-day contract with the Sixers, so that's a pretty clear indication of his relevance in fantasy circles. Jan 28 - 10:11 AM
    Rotoworld
    UMASS in the NFL
    James Ihedigbo #44 New England Patriots
    Vladimir Ducasse #62 New York Jets
    Victor Cruz #80 New York Giants
    Jeremy Cain #48 Jacksonville Jaguars
    Matt Lawrence #32 Baltimore Ravens
    Jeremy Horne #11 Kansas City Chiefs
    Jeromy Miles #45 Cincinnati Bengals
    John Griffin #34 New York Jets
    Josh Samuda #64 Miami Dolphins
    Travis Tripuka #54 St. Louis Rams
    Julian Talley #3 New York Giants
    Emil Igwenagu #41 Philadelphia Eagles
    Chris Koepplin #2 New England Patriots

vCash
    Yeah agreed, the Celtics lack the pieces/ parts to secure a true starting PG and why would they? Sure it helps them in the short term (this year), but what happens when Rondo returns and you have Lee/Terry/Barbosa/Bradley/ New player PG X? Assuming none were apart of the deal to locate " new player PG X "

Next year you would face a lot of the same team chemistry issues. Also what would it say to Rondo? How would Rondo react? We know he's had maturity issues in the past.

Just a lot of questions, unless you moved Rondo I don't think it wise to add another " true starting PG. "

LARRY BIRD

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728