Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast
    vCash
    XI + I = X

Those of you familar with Roman numerals will recognize ^^^ states 11 + 1 = 10

Makes no sense.

Or does it?

Print it out on a piece of paper then turn the paper 180 degrees.

Now it says X = I + IX or 10 = 1 + 9

Makes perfect sense. It's all a matter of perspective.

It's the same with the Celtic's right now. Solid talent but underachieving. To discover "why" a change of perspective is likely needed.
    Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI • 14m •  More
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird Fan View Post
    " Can this ^^^ win the EC or NBA title? I don't know. No one does. "

I do...NO... less than 0% chance. As constructed on 01/24/2013, ------0%. Listen, im trying to be hard here. Im just trying to stay objective. This team is 20-21 and awful! With huge holes.....
    Next 3 games tells a huge story IMO.

lose all 3, a #8 seed or lottery team, maybe DA gives up and starts to dismantle.

win 2 or 3, team only gets up for good teams, there might be hope, but it has to be harnessed to play .575 or better ball to get a decent seeding.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    There was an interesting moment during the 3rd quarter that serves to highlight some of what I have posted about above. I believe is was Bass (? maybe someone else) who was knocked to the floor. The whistle sent the game to a timeout. Only Sullinger went over to help him up. That is a distinct difference from recent past seasons. Then late in the game someone went down and he had three teammates rush over to help him up.

Can read all kinds of things into these two situations... ?
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

vCash
    Yes, it seems Bass has fallen out of favor with Doc and maybe the team. He has to be gone by the deadline. I would put money on it.

"Stats are for losers. The final score is for winners." - Bill Belichick

vCash
    Bass never seemed to be in the circle anyhow...

I find it amazing Green got 25min and Bass got 20min... When Green was at the 4 the team played very well and had the Knicks moving all over...

If Bass has falling out of favor with Doc his minutes sure isn't showing it...

As the season goes on more and more games are being coached like pre-season games... These experiments are starting to pan out into losses...
    Last edited by Forever35; 01-24-2013 at 11:31 PM.
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever35 View Post
    Bass never seemed to be in the circle anyhow...

I find it amazing Green got 25min and Bass got 20min... When Green was at the 4 the team played very well and had the Knicks moving all over...

If Bass has falling out of favor with Doc his minutes sure isn't showing it...

As the season goes on more and more games are being coached like pre-season games... These experiments are starting to pan out into losses...
    Really good observation / analysis. ^^^

I don't fault Doc for trying different line ups, but do agree mid-season is an awkward time to be doing it. My concern is he is treating symptoms instead of the root cause of problems by doing so.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Opalmerr View Post
    Really good observation / analysis. ^^^

I don't fault Doc for trying different line ups, but do agree mid-season is an awkward time to be doing it. My concern is he is treating symptoms instead of the root cause of problems by doing so.
    Agreed^^ really good insight..nice

Kinda what we all are saying in so many words. I have/ you/ others that the lack of defined roles seem awkward for this team.

I am unsure why Doc doesn't, " nail down " a line- up and stick with it, night- night. Confused, you know who you have.....

I would shrink the line- up down to 8 man rotation, sorry I would tighten it up.

LARRY BIRD
    NBA WORLD CHAMPION 1981,1984,1986

" The greatest basketball player and mind of all time. "

vCash
    I believe there is one "role" that needs to be settled. It impacts everything else going on.

Pierce needs help scoring the ball.

Jason Terry was brought in to be a scorer, off the bench. Terry is failing miserably in that role.

Back towards the beginning of the season I suggested Rondo need play no more than about 32 minutes a game. Some soundly ridculed me for that suggestion.

Let's try to put this altogether... Terry has been a capable scorer throughout his career. Terry is also a very capable passer. He likes the ball in his hands. He creates his own shot and shots for others.

Rondo dominates the ball. He is the best pure passing point guard in the game today. His vision is superb. He should have the ball in his hands.

When pairing Rondo and Terry together on the floor there isn't enough basketball to go around. Rondo is not someone who plays well off the ball offensively. The kid has certainly improved his shot but it's not his game to be a spot up shooter. Being a spot up shooter is not Terry's game either. The pairing doesn't work and because it doesn't Terry is really struggling.

Because Terry is struggling, Pierce is struggling. Because Pierce is struggling, everyone is struggling.

Terry's role with this team should be as Rondo's backup playing 16-18 minutes a game. He should have the ball in his hands creating shots for himself and faciliatating shots for others. Maybe he plays a bit more spending limited minutes paired with Rondo, but basically he should be Rondo's back up.

Courtney Lee is a spot up shooter with the ability to put the ball on the floor and get to the rim. He should have been Rondo's running mate from the start. Even now with Bradley back, I'm thinking Lee should be Rondo's running mate.

For me, everything centers on Terry and how he has been utilized. In the role he has played thus far, he is not a good fit for his team. If his role were to be Rondo's backup, I think he would do much better with this team. Otherwise trade him and bring in someone like Reddick... that makes sense because Reddick is almost an exact opposite of Terry.
    Last edited by Opalmerr; 01-25-2013 at 02:35 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Opalmerr View Post
    Rondo dominates the ball. He is the best pure passing point guard in the game today. His vision is superb. He should have the ball in his hands.

When pairing Rondo and Terry together on the floor there isn't enough basketball to go around. Rondo is not someone who plays well off the ball offensively. The kid has certainly improved his shot but it's not his game to be a spot up shooter. Being a spot up shooter is not Terry's game either. The pairing doesn't work and because it doesn't Terry is really struggling.
    Yeah Rondo is a passing fool, but the rest of the team is getting 5 on 4 defensive attention. But that is known. WTH happened to Rondo's on ball D? He has to have Bradley come and save him while he gets the other G that's easier to cover.

Rondo only plays well with Bradley or Lee, so that's your 3 man rotation with Barbosa off the bench. Terry and Bass should be dealt - just make sure we don't get a guard back.
    Last edited by bagwell368; 01-25-2013 at 02:51 PM.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    "They said you have to use your five best players but I found you win with the five who fit together the best." - Red Auerbach

vCash
    Ride it out.

I really felt bad for Pierce tonight. I made a point to focus on him specifically during the game. Being in a shooting slump is one thing, but not being able to defend is another. He's been a great player, had a wonderful career. Looks like it could be a sad ugly end to it though.

Guy's, I don't think there is a realistic trade out there that can save this season. And it's no sense making a trade to blow things up because that is happening before our eyes.

Keep the young kids - Rondo, Bradley, Lee, Green, Sullinger, Melo.

If someone wants any of the rest and are willing to give young talent and / or picks in return trade them away.

This season held soooooo much promise.

I think Doc has to be held accountable too. End of the second quarter when he put the starters back in the lead began to slip away. Start of the third he didn't go with the guys that built the lead, he went back to the starters. When Atl continued to roll and the team needed stops, he put Terry in. I guess his thinking is to go all Westhead and try to outscore opponents? NEWSFLASH: It was the DEFENSE that led to all the easy transition baskets to build the lead.

This has turned into a trainwreck.

Great to see Green and Lee play well again. Good to see Terry hit some shots tonight. He was even hitting on catch and shoots which have been his weakness all season. Garnett was a warrior. Rondo with another triple double ... Good Lord where would this team be without that kid? Good young talent on hand, keep it and build around it.

vCash
    "We play well in stretches, but then we start breaking rules that you shouldn't break in middle school. It was a joke . . . We get a big lead, and we start thinking we're the 2008 [NBA championship] team. We're not, and we haven't earned that right."
    Doc is begging to be fired with stuff like this.

Most of these players have been with the team for what, 4 months? If they are making mistakes, take a timeout and address them. Don't let the Hawks run off 19 straight points without bothering to call time, and then bash the team in the press conference. Pointing fingers is something you should also learn not to do in middle school.

/roasted

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by xk4 View Post
    Doc is begging to be fired with stuff like this.

Most of these players have been with the team for what, 4 months? If they are making mistakes, take a timeout and address them. Don't let the Hawks run off 19 straight points without bothering to call time, and then bash the team in the press conference. Pointing fingers is something you should also learn not to do in middle school.

/roasted
    I agree. Doc's comments over the last month+ have been out of character. I'm sure he's frustated, but throwing each other under the bus in no way to right this ship.

vCash
    Doc had problems each and every year since he's been here, in acclimating the 1-3 new guys we get at the trading deadline. We got 9 new guys this year. Do the math. Doc is absolutely the wrong coach for a team getting in this many new faces.

"Stats are for losers. The final score is for winners." - Bill Belichick

vCash
    I have often thought Doc tries to fit new guys into old / lost roles. He doesn't always play to the new players actual strengths.

Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast