Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 69centers View Post
    Right, because it wasn't like last year when we were 5 minutes away, on the road, from getting to the NBA finals with Ryan Hollins and Greg Stiemsma as our bigs.

We now have Sullinger, Collins, and hopefully Wilcox, but we're doomed?? OK, Mr. Negativity.
    Not trying to be negative at all. Im trying to stay objective, that is with an open mind. I am not pessimistic but realistic, if your thinking that going into playoffs with Collins as your starting #5 is good idea, im at a lost for words.

The guy (Collins) is awful! He is a back-up if that. He is/ should be insurance only. With Wilcox injury and past heart surgery and the Celtics already very thin front line, it stand to reason a move should be made.

Listen we all love the Celtics and our guy's, but don't let it cloud your judgement of what this team is, or what this team will be in the playoffs.

Keep in mind, K. Garnett is logging a lot of mins, more than they wanted. He has played more NBA mins than any NBA Player today.(46872 MP)

Im not negaitive, im right.

LARRY BIRD
    NBA WORLD CHAMPION 1981,1984,1986

" The greatest basketball player and mind of all time. "

vCash
    If healthy and playing well, I beieve this roster is good enough to contend for a title. Said that preseason. Had some doubts early season. Can believe it again after the last couple of weeks. The margin for error is pretty thin, but it is every year and for most teams.

We can say, "if Garnett" gets injured the Celtics are doomed. But the same is true for the Heat should they lose LeBron, isn't it? We can point to recent history for examples involving the Celtics and it has nothing to do with the Big 3 or the remaining two. Perkins knee injury in 2010, Rondo's elbow injury in 2011 and Bradley's shoulder injuries in 2012. Bad luck for the Celtics. If not for the injuries we might be talking about another Celtics dynastic run. Or not , for we will never know for sure.

It is also true that every team is always looking for one more piece to perfect their roster. The defending champs are searching high and low for an interior defender and rebounder. The Celtics are searching for the same type of player. Those wanting Martin, Wallace or Anderson should take note of this... despite multiple teams with need, those players remain unsigned. There's a reason for that.

The Celtics have looked good the last couple of weeks. Rotations look good. Cohesive play on both sides of the ball with versatility on offense. A sense of urgency in their play. The only things amiss are Wilcox's injury and Terry's slump. Neither has been debilitating to date. A healthy Wilcox being more important than Terry going forward there is reason for cautious optimism, imo.
    Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI 14m  More
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Opalmerr View Post
    If healthy and playing well, I beieve this roster is good enough to contend for a title. Said that preseason. Had some doubts early season. Can believe it again after the last couple of weeks. The margin for error is pretty thin, but it is every year and for most teams.

We can say, "if Garnett" gets injured the Celtics are doomed. But the same is true for the Heat should they lose LeBron, isn't it? We can point to recent history for examples involving the Celtics and it has nothing to do with the Big 3 or the remaining two. Perkins knee injury in 2010, Rondo's elbow injury in 2011 and Bradley's shoulder injuries in 2012. Bad luck for the Celtics. If not for the injuries we might be talking about another Celtics dynastic run. Or not , for we will never know for sure.

It is also true that every team is always looking for one more piece to perfect their roster. The defending champs are searching high and low for an interior defender and rebounder. The Celtics are searching for the same type of player. Those wanting Martin, Wallace or Anderson should take note of this... despite multiple teams with need, those players remain unsigned. There's a reason for that.

The Celtics have looked good the last couple of weeks. Rotations look good. Cohesive play on both sides of the ball with versatility on offense. A sense of urgency in their play. The only things amiss are Wilcox's injury and Terry's slump. Neither has been debilitating to date. A healthy Wilcox being more important than Terry going forward there is reason for cautious optimism, imo.
    You think 20-17 .541% 14.6tpg/ 38.9 rpg- last league rebounding/ pts allowed off same has a shot at NBA Title....really.

This after a six game win streak against the likes of Bobcats, Suns, Hawks....Please tell me you can see someone having an opposing/ opposied view.(face in palm)

This team as constructed is eastern conference semi's team at best right now.....at best, with 0% chance of beating Miami Heat NBA Playoffs......

Let's not get over our skies here, let's be fans but objective, smart, educated ones.

LARRY BIRD

vCash
    I can agree with that. but 2 weeks ago we looked like a team who would be lucky to get out of rd 1 so we have a right to be encouraged.

i think as is, with our experience, only MIA is a team in the EC that can take us out and even them we can give a tough series, if they have a key injury and we dont we can take them out.

even if we did have the great fortune to upset MIA, you got OKC and LAC who are nightmares with their athleticism, explosiveness and depth. our only hope would be that LA or SA could find a way to use their savvy and upset them as we can match up better.

im trying to talk myself in to thinking we can go all the way but its hard. bass has been absolute poo (i think hes intimidated by sully's has gotten in his head maybe), but i dont think bass stepping really elevates us much, rondo is capable of looking like the best player in the world come playoffs. rivers might be the best coach of all the contending teams minus Pop. a big shakeup trade doesnt work, a smaller trade or pickup can help but will it be enough?

i think your right, realistically we are an ECF team, and there is a big jump to be able to realistically win a title.

vCash
    Bird Fan, You are certainly entitled to your opinion and I respect it. I don't necessarily agree with it. The Celtics took Miami deep last season and I believe this can be an improved Boston team.

2012/13..........2011/ 12
    Rondo ............Rondo
    Bradley...........Bradley
    Pierce.............Pierce
    Bass...............Bass
    KG.................KG

Terry..............Dooling
    Lee.................Allen
    Green.............Pietrus
    Sullinger.........Johnson
    Wilcox............Steimsma

Barbosa..........Daniels
    Collins............Hollins
    Melo..............
    ....................Pavlovic
    ....................Moore
    ....................Williams

I'd like to have Steimsma back, but otherwise this team is younger, more athletic and talented. The bench has shown the ability to be far superior to last years bench. So, yeah, I think this team has a chance. Like I said, the margin for error is small, but it is a good thing that it exists at all.
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

vCash
    i just dont see a team with bass as a starter being able to win it all. i know MIA had battier last year but our cast is not close to theres.

sully really isnt much of an upgrade yet, bc of his age he could hit a wall at any time. the rest of the team looks great. our 2nd unit is winning, the other 4 starters are doing their job, how do we upgrade what bass is doing realistically without taking too much away from what the rest of the team is doing.

i wonder if LAL would do a 1st, bass and barbosa for gasol? would that even work w/ contracts? D'anoton loves barbosa and bass may actually look good to em ? they need draft picks.
    Last edited by Rain City; 01-15-2013 at 03:15 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain City View Post
    i just dont see a team with bass as a starter being able to win it all. i know MIA had battier last year but our cast is not close to theres.

sully really isnt much of an upgrade yet, bc of his age he could hit a wall at any time. the rest of the team looks great. our 2nd unit is winning, the other 4 starters are doing their job, how do we upgrade what bass is doing realistically without taking too much away from what the rest of the team is doing.

i wonder if LAL would do a 1st, bass and barbosa for gasol? would that even work w/ contracts? D'anoton loves barbosa and bass may actually look good to em ? they need draft picks.
    No.

Have to set your sights much lower than the 19,000,000 owed Pau.

Think guys in the $5 M range like Jason Thompson, Nikola Pekovic, Robin Lopez, Enes Kanter, Marreese Speights.... all of who are probably over valued by their current teams.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird Fan View Post
    You think 20-17 .541% 14.6tpg/ 38.9 rpg- last league rebounding/ pts allowed off same has a shot at NBA Title....really.
    The Heat are actually last at the moment in rebounding, and last year can be a reason why regular season rebounding stats meant nada... Two weeks ago the main issue the C's had were mainly defensive which seems to have improved... Haven't had a team score more then 96pts during the last 8 games... The first 30 games they gave up 100 or more points 14 times...

This after a six game win streak against the likes of Bobcats, Suns, Hawks....Please tell me you can see someone having an opposing/ opposied view.(face in palm)
    The last I saw every NBA team has to play each other... If Miami or OKC beat Char, Phoe or Atl does that matter...??? You still have to play the schedule they give you...

This team as constructed is eastern conference semi's team at best right now.....at best, with 0% chance of beating Miami Heat NBA Playoffs......

Let's not get over our skies here, let's be fans but objective, smart, educated ones.
    This team was built to make the playoffs, and in a 5 or 7 game series anything can happen... Remember last season...???

I was down on this team, but they have shown flashes of what they could be... They need to get off to better starts and continue to improve on the defensive end... Teams that are hot now are gonna fizzle out like they always do...
    Last edited by Forever35; 01-15-2013 at 04:45 PM.
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

vCash
    No.

Think guys in the $5 M range like Jason Thompson, Nikola Pekovic, Robin Lopez, Enes Kanter, Marreese Speights.... all of who are probably over valued by their current teams.
    would love him. but dont see MEM motivated to move him for bass and a pick. they dont need that. do they even need a pick? id say no, but maybe if melo is included .... i really like speights.
    Last edited by Rain City; 01-15-2013 at 05:06 PM.

vCash
    No.

I've been an advocate for Thompson, but his deal is a little lonnnngggg...

If Lopez were to be available (which I can't see)I think he'd fit in very well with Boston... Defense first player with good bball IQ...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

vCash
    Bird Fan, You are certainly entitled to your opinion and I respect it. I don't necessarily agree with it. The Celtics took Miami deep last season and I believe this can be an improved Boston team.

2012/13..........2011/ 12
    Rondo ............Rondo
    Bradley...........Bradley
    Pierce.............Pierce
    Bass...............Bass
    KG.................KG

Terry..............Dooling
    Lee.................Allen
    Green.............Pietrus
    Sullinger.........Johnson
    Wilcox............Steimsma

Barbosa..........Daniels
    Collins............Hollins
    Melo..............
    ....................Pavlovic
    ....................Moore
    ....................Williams

I'd like to have Steimsma back, but otherwise this team is younger, more athletic and talented. The bench has shown the ability to be far superior to last years bench. So, yeah, I think this team has a chance. Like I said, the margin for error is small, but it is a good thing that it exists at all.
    Yes I remember last season, the question is do you? I also respect your opinion, " Boston took Miami deep last season and I feel this can be an improved Boston Team. "

Yes, but Miami is also improved.....a lot! With the adds of Ray Allen, R. Lewis and healthy Chris Bosh/ U. Haslem.

You could easily say that if healthy last year Miami would have beat Boston in five games. The Heat had no one playing #4/ #5 in games 1-6 better than NBDL player at best.....FACE IN PALM

You add Ray Allen, R Lewis....do you think Miami brought those guys in by chance.....really? You can't cheat, you must stay at home on the shooters. You can't switch out, Wade, James will kill you driving to the basket, not to mention the second shot points.....why because Boston is awful.....awful at rebounding the basketball.

Be objective guys! Don't lose reason when trying to make a point. I love the Celtics, the Celtics are good, but they 0% chance against Heat, Thunder, Spurs, Clippers, Bulls(Rose), Ext.....

I want/ like you a NBA Championship. This team has very little, very little chance with this roster.

LARRY BIRD

vCash
    It took this long to get it together, I shudder to think how long it would take Doc to incorporate any new guys into the lineup. We're better off not making any trades and look for an add or two for bench emergencies, after teams are done trading and waiving players.

"Stats are for losers. The final score is for winners." - Bill Belichick

vCash
    It took this long to get it together, I shudder to think how long it would take Doc to incorporate any new guys into the lineup. We're better off not making any trades and look for an add or two for bench emergencies, after teams are done trading and waiving players.
    Then Celtics shall enjoy Golf for the summer while the Heat enjoy the NBA Finals. There is no reason not to improve. People/ coachs/ player and yes.....teams can make improvements. Improving your teams chances by making a trade isn't a bad thing.

Going into the playoff's with C. Collins as your starting center is, also trying to count on old legs to stay healthy. Have we not learned anything from our past (J. Oneil,Shaq, R. Wallace, ext..). Also counting on a just removed heart patient with limits before surgery and know hand/ nerve issue.

Its not adding a new team, but to trade for a good center is smart, right now there isn't a push because everyone is high on 6 game win streak. Which is fine, but big picture it's fools gold. We are beating teams we should beat, at a time when basketball means very little.

Im just saying, use insight, and judgement.

Side Note- J. Smith out vs Nets tonight for " conduct detrimental to team. " please no trades for this fellow...lol

LARRY BIRD

vCash
    Frankly, Ray Allen and Rashard Lewis worry me a lot less than a guy like Norris Cole does.

Allen faded before our eyes the last couple of seasons. Yeah, he's a gamer and played through injuries, but that doesn't dismiss the fact that he started strong and faded late in recent seasons. He didn't so much lose his starting place in Boston as he meekly surrendered it. He still holds value for sure. The Heat are being smart with him. He's playing the fewest minutes of his career and by a large margin OR he doesn't deserve anymore minutes than they are playing him?

Rahsard Lewis has already missed 17 games this season after missing over half the games last season. He's also playing the fewset minutes of his career, less than 50% of the minutes he's averaged for his career.

Throw Haslem and Miller in with Allen and Lewis. Haslem has already missed half the Heats games once again. Miller makes Wilcox look like a posture boy of health.

If you are basing the idea that the Heat are better because they added these two old warhorses, meh. I'm not buying it.

The Celtics got younger and more athletic. The Heat got older, a lot older.

vCash
    ^^^ This actually scares the hell out of me. With each passing day the C's should be thinking less about a trade. Fab gets called up in March. That will be the "big" move.

Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast