Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    vCash
    cousins suspended by kings... C's have to be exploring that right? asking price might be high but also might be lower than you'd think, DOC/KG as motivators couldnt hurt, maybe perfect fit at perfect time depending on expected return

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thebrianscal View Post
    cousins suspended by kings... C's have to be exploring that right? asking price might be high but also might be lower than you'd think, DOC/KG as motivators couldnt hurt, maybe perfect fit at perfect time depending on expected return
    kings have no intention of trading him and would certainly get more than anything the celtics have to offer

vCash
    i wouldnt say no intentions of trading him, the right deal comes up for a players theyve had problems with they would listen, and all i was saying is its worth checking in on if your danny

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thebrianscal View Post
    i wouldnt say no intentions of trading him, the right deal comes up for a players theyve had problems with they would listen, and all i was saying is its worth checking in on if your danny
    i live in sacramento so i know. they would trade evans before cousins. everyone is tradeable but the celtics have no one they would want in exchange for cousins. he's their starting center and a talented one at that...he just has attitude issues

vCash
    I have seen reports that Cousins is being made available. The kid has been suspended 3 times in the last 45 days. His value is low and many teams will shy away from him for fear of being able to keep him focused, on the court and a positive contributor. Of course, there will be teams that believe they can acquire him, help him mature and develop him into a star as well. I personally hope the Celtics stay as far away from him as is humanly possible, just my honest opinion.
    Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI • 14m •  More
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

vCash
    January 15th is the date to keep your eye on.

Bradley will have been back and playing for a couple of weeks by then, the Good Lord willing. Everyone will available for trade on that date. If there's going to be something done, it's likely to be that day or soon after.

I still like the Evans / Thompson idea floated earlier. Don't know if it would be enough to put this team "over the top" but they are two good, young players with upside. Would love to see Big Al back and thnik he could be enough to make a significant difference but think it would also cost a lot and what would be given up could leave a razor thin margin for error. In other words, cost could be prohibitive in terms of actually progressing the team.
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Opalmerr View Post
    I have seen reports that Cousins is being made available. The kid has been suspended 3 times in the last 45 days. His value is low and many teams will shy away from him for fear of being able to keep him focused, on the court and a positive contributor. Of course, there will be teams that believe they can acquire him, help him mature and develop him into a star as well. I personally hope the Celtics stay as far away from him as is humanly possible, just my honest opinion.
    Kings are going to want Rondo for Cousins. Obviously the Celtics will say no.

January 15th is the date to keep your eye on.

Bradley will have been back and playing for a couple of weeks by then, the Good Lord willing. Everyone will available for trade on that date. If there's going to be something done, it's likely to be that day or soon after.

I still like the Evans / Thompson idea floated earlier. Don't know if it would be enough to put this team "over the top" but they are two good, young players with upside. Would love to see Big Al back and thnik he could be enough to make a significant difference but think it would also cost a lot and what would be given up could leave a razor thin margin for error. In other words, cost could be prohibitive in terms of actually progressing the team.
    Nothing will happen until February at the earliest. I don't get why the attitude on here is that Danny needs to make a trade ASAP.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B'sCeltsPatsSox View Post
    Kings are going to want Rondo for Cousins. Obviously the Celtics will say no.

Nothing will happen until February at the earliest. I don't get why the attitude on here is that Danny needs to make a trade ASAP.
    First, salaries are not close to matching for a Cousins for Rondo trade. It would take a lot more pieces to make it work.

Secondly, the Celtics are .500 and as likely to turn south as they are to make a run up the standings. Lot of guys that think they can help / can contribute or at the very least think they should be playing. A .500 (or below) record could turn that locker room ugly in a hurry... and there are signs that may be beginning to happen.

vCash
    First, salaries are not close to matching for a Cousins for Rondo trade. It would take a lot more pieces to make it work.
    No duh. They won't make any trade with the Celtics while trading Cousins and not get Rondo back.

Secondly, the Celtics are .500 and as likely to turn south as they are to make a run up the standings. Lot of guys that think they can help / can contribute or at the very least think they should be playing. A .500 (or below) record could turn that locker room ugly in a hurry... and there are signs that may be beginning to happen.

Of course they are, but this team was way worse at this point of last season. And guess what, they turned the table once Bradley started to play. All I'm saying is that let Bradley gel back into the mix of things for a month or so before shaking things up. Also, what "signs" are pointing into a demise of a locker room?

vCash
    Because the Celtics are a .500 team with a thin frontcourt, and aging key players, and newer players who do not fit together.

This team would be much better IMO with a Gortat type player, with Bass and Terry removed from the team.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Because the Celtics are a .500 team with a thin frontcourt, and aging key players, and newer players who do not fit together.

This team would be much better IMO with a Gortat type player, with Bass and Terry removed from the team.
    I'd love Gortat for the right deal. All I'm saying is that I'd wait until February(which the Celtics FO will do) before making a trade that will obviously have a good amount of impact.

We also have to remember though that players coming to the Celtics mid-season haven't had a good track record as of late.

vCash
    I'd love Gortat for the right deal. All I'm saying is that I'd wait until February(which the Celtics FO will do) before making a trade that will obviously have a good amount of impact.

We also have to remember though that players coming to the Celtics mid-season haven't had a good track record as of late.
    Yes. All the more reason to make the deal sooner rather then later.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    If Wilcox is out for a month, DA will likely fill the remaining roster spot.

This might bring Kenyon Martin or some other re-tread back into play.

It also might speed the trade process along although I think it still waits until Jan 15 or very shortly thereafter.

The other possibility, and one that makes sense given the entire Red Claws team was in town today for "open tryouts", is DA will either give Melo a chance (doubtful in my mind) or will add someone like Chris Wright as the 15th player - temporarily or even permanently. Not sure I am in favor of that as Shevin Mack has been consistenty good at pt and the Celtics have or could have a need there dependent on other guards being moved in a trade.

vCash
    If Wilcox is out for a month, DA will likely fill the remaining roster spot.

This might bring Kenyon Martin or some other re-tread back into play.

It also might speed the trade process along although I think it still waits until Jan 15 or very shortly thereafter.
    IMO, probably the reason we've seen alot more of Collins... Also Sully will probably start racking up more minutes, even at the 5...

The other possibility, and one that makes sense given the entire Red Claws team was in town today for "open tryouts", is DA will either give Melo a chance (doubtful in my mind) or will add someone like Chris Wright as the 15th player - temporarily or even permanently. Not sure I am in favor of that as Shevin Mack has been consistenty good at pt and the Celtics have or could have a need there dependent on other guards being moved in a trade.
    A little lost with the bolded part... Please explain... Would you like to see Mack stay in Maine, or would you like to see him get called up... IMO he's ready to get some NBA minutes as a reserve now, but not sure where he fits in the C's logjam at the 1 and 2...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever35 View Post
    IMO, probably the reason we've seen alot more of Collins... Also Sully will probably start racking up more minutes, even at the 5...

A little lost with the bolded part... Please explain... Would you like to see Mack stay in Maine, or would you like to see him get called up... IMO he's ready to get some NBA minutes as a reserve now, but not sure where he fits in the C's logjam at the 1 and 2...
    The C's have an open spot on their roster.

The most glaring need, even before Wilcox's injury, was either a big 4 or a true 5 to defend and rebound.

Mack is putting together the type of consistent performance that leads me to believe with each minute he plays with Maine he is a step closer to playing in the NBA, hopefully for the Celtics as Rondo's back up.

Wilcox being out for a month likely means the 15th spot will go to a BIG. I mentioned re-treads like Kenyon Martin earlier. Erick Dampier might be another. Or maybe it's time for Chris Wright? Regardless, if they sign a BIG to cover for Wilcox this next month, it fills the roster leaving MAck stuck in Maine.

That is at least until a trade occurs. I fully expect one, possibly two, of the guards currently on the Celtics roster to be traded and Mack being signed.

Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast