Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    vCash
    You are seriously suggesting taking minutes from KG and giving them to Milicic?
    Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI • 14m •  More
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Opalmerr View Post
    You are seriously suggesting taking minutes from KG and giving them to Milicic?
    Unless you think having KG play the entire 4th quarter of every game like he did last night is a realistic option at his age, than the answer is a big fat YES.

"Stats are for losers. The final score is for winners." - Bill Belichick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 69centers View Post
    Unless you think having KG play the entire 4th quarter of every game like he did last night is a realistic option at his age, than the answer is a big fat YES.
    Assuming Darko hasn't been dogging it at practice or has some injury. I have to agree.

Better for Celts to show up at playoff time at a #4 or #5 seed and everyone healthy, and the mid level/end of benchers in game shape, then show up with the #2 seed and a beat and injured KG and dinged up Rondo - and the secondary guys looking around for leadership that they didn't earn for themselves due to lack of time - for instance.

On another note - Bass can do some things pretty well. But against the really tall 4's he's got to give up minutes to Sully and yes Green, his rebounding is just not enough.

As for Collins? If he starts to play real minutes its due to injury or Darko packing his bags for home - no way I ever want to see him on the floor.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Assuming Darko hasn't been dogging it at practice or has some injury. I have to agree.

Better for Celts to show up at playoff time at a #4 or #5 seed and everyone healthy, and the mid level/end of benchers in game shape, then show up with the #2 seed and a beat and injured KG and dinged up Rondo - and the secondary guys looking around for leadership that they didn't earn for themselves due to lack of time - for instance.

On another note - Bass can do some things pretty well. But against the really tall 4's he's got to give up minutes to Sully and yes Green, his rebounding is just not enough.

As for Collins? If he starts to play real minutes its due to injury or Darko packing his bags for home - no way I ever want to see him on the floor.

^+1

We need something from Darko, period. We need him to sub K. Garnett, Guys Garnett can't slow himself, Doc has to manage him. KG will burn himself out.

The guy knows no limits, not even his own. Good most of the time, but bad when he's running on fumes post All-Star break.

We need to save these older players, I would even throw Rondo in there as well. I know sounds little off, but late Feb 2013 I would rest Rondo a little. I want these guys fresh and ready for playoffs.

LARRY BIRD
    NBA WORLD CHAMPION 1981,1984,1986

" The greatest basketball player and mind of all time. "

vCash
    Don't want to see J. Collins unless injury.

LARRY BIRD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 69centers View Post
    He actually didn't look happy when the camera showed him sitting there last night. I am still stumped as to why Darko and Collins get no minutes, especially when we're continually getting killed in the paint. Darko got 17 MPG last season. It would have been more if not for the emergence of Pekovic.
    I can tell you why, Darko came into camp outta shape. Doc has yet to a commitment from Darko.

Have you seen the guy, he's 30lbs over weight right now. Hey Darko we need you pal, how about push away from the table.

My post #67 say's it all. " 2. Rebounding "

Heat Lakers Thunder will eat us up on glass. Can't win without team effort on the glass, not enough options at #4 #5 for Celtics on the boards.

LARRY BIRD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird Fan View Post
    ^+1

We need something from Darko, period. We need him to sub K. Garnett, Guys Garnett can't slow himself, Doc has to manage him. KG will burn himself out.

The guy knows no limits, not even his own. Good most of the time, but bad when he's running on fumes post All-Star break.

We need to save these older players, I would even throw Rondo in there as well. I know sounds little off, but late Feb 2013 I would rest Rondo a little. I want these guys fresh and ready for playoffs.
    Ok, so what is your opinion how mins should be distributed?
    Last edited by Opalmerr; 11-16-2012 at 08:37 AM.
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

vCash
    Ok, so what is your ion how mins should be distributed?
    KG has to rest - 24 MPG is a good target. It can come from Wilcox, Darko, Sully, or Bass. That's not ideal, and whatever they do now, might be a lot different than what goes on in two weeks.

Wilcox has thrust himself quickly into being very crucial. But he has his own injury issues over time to be managed. Darko is the most missing piece of this puzzle so far.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    It does make me wonder how low Doc must be on the guy if he's only played 5 minutes....total

vCash
    Good Lord... if Milicic is the missing piece of the puzzle the C's are indeed in trouble. smh

vCash
    Good Lord... if Milicic is the missing piece of the puzzle the C's are indeed in trouble. smh
    Anyone who can grab rebounds and is not playing is a piece to our miserable rebounding puzzle.

"Stats are for losers. The final score is for winners." - Bill Belichick

vCash
    I know P. Pierce can't be your leading rebounder (last night 11/15 vs Nets) and beat any good team. You have 0% chance against good teams in the playoffs.

K. Garnett's mins should be limited to 25mins per. Not a lick more.....The problem is he's are only " Big "/ guy that's any good at #5.....before you start typing remove your hands from typing Sully, Bass, Darko at #5 spot.

The problem is, like I and others here have stated since summer, Boston has no ability in front court....NONE....can't rebound (did you watch the game vs Nets last night 11/15), that was vs Nets, not the Miami Heat, LA Lakers, OKC Thunder, ext...

Need good front court players, need someone to rebound.

LARRY BIRD

vCash

Beep.....Beep....Beep....This just in- Boston Celtics will be in trouble in playoffs if they cannot find 1. Help 4/5 spot 2. Rebounding help

As I have stated since last summer, book it!

LARRY BIRD

vCash
    A primary reason Milicic has never lived up to the hype is he has hands of stone. Believed it to be a poor signing while hoping I was wrong. Don't think I was. Resting hopes on him to fix the C's rebounding woes is ridiculous.

Miss Steimsma..... smh..... sad state of affairs when, that.

vCash
    I believe it is a simple matter of Doc defining roles and players buying into the prescribed roles.
    I was watching the Clippers handle Miami the other night, and I noticed how many energy players they have this year. Hollins, Turiaf, Matt Barnes, it makes a huge difference when guys scrap and start fights just for the sake of it.

Our team needs someone to embrace that role

Hopefully Bradley will be a shot in the arm until the playoffs

Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast