Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Opalmerr View Post
    They are making adjustments with Pierce just as they have with KG

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketb...d3O/story.html

Paul Pierce said after Saturday’s win over Milwaukee that he’s getting accustomed to a new offensive role. Instead of allowing Pierce to take defenders off the dribble, Rivers has changed Pierce’s spacing on the floor, where he is coming off more screens, similar to Ray Allen.

Rivers said the change was necessary because of Pierce’s advancing age.

“I just don’t think Paul is as athletic as he used to be,” Rivers said. “Where before it was great having the luxury of knowing that at any time you swing it to Paul, he’ll beat his guy and score, now guys are doing a better job staying with him, and so we feel like we have to get a body off of him. We felt that last year but Paul didn’t feel that. Now Paul feels that, and that’s good. He’s already good at pin-downs, coming off of them but it’s still an adjustment for him and he’s got to get used to it
    .”

I still think playing PP and KG seperately is a good thing - provides balance in so many ways and negates having two aging warriors on the court at the same time so much of the time. As I stated in the other thread, at crunch time, yeah.
    That might explain why he has frontrimmed so many shots. At some point this season I thought all he did was chucking! Thinking about it, Pierce has looked a little different in his whole flow. His off ball movements have certainly been different. His shot was out of sync, or it looked like he had not enough strength coming from the legs.
    He acutally has come off screens quite a bit and Doc's comments could be an explaination for the struggles.

vCash
    They won on the road.

And it could be argued the Celtics are also "depleted" given Bradley's absence.

Last night was a significant positive step. Now to take another one. If Doc can continue spreading the minutes like he did last night the depth will really come into play. When this roster is healthy I think Doc has to play 10 guys every night and forget about paring down the rotation to 8 guys.
    It could be argued that Rose > Bradley to each respective team, if not >>.

It can also be argued Boozer is more broken right now than any Celt starter, or even top 10 Celt getting minutes.

And after KG's jumper with the clock running out, they looked like they had vapor lock.

Good to win, good to win on the road, good to see things working better - but hardly a signature moment in this season.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    First win in Chicago since 2009
    Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI • 14m •  More
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

vCash
    Nothing is a "signature" win at this point in the season. It's all about trying to hell gel as a team right now.

vCash
    No one has proclaimed it a signature win.

I have stated it is a significant step in the right direction. No one has proclaimed this team a finished product. In fact, I began the thread posing the question How long will it take? to get roles sorted out (gel). Several good things happened - distribution of minutes, rotation, winning in Chicago for the first time since 2009. Considering the start of the season it was a significant positive step in the right direction. That's my opinion and I'll stand by it.
    Last edited by Opalmerr; 11-14-2012 at 04:20 PM.
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

vCash
    That's right. It wasn't a signature win. But significant win is about as far over the top of what it was then signature is over significant. I'm glad you caught on. It's a good step. I am forced by common sense and modesty to leave out the adjective "significant".

More than anything it should remind people how lucky we were to miss them last year in the playoffs. If they are a low seed and we get them and Rose and crew are healthy, it will very tough to beat them.
    Last edited by bagwell368; 11-14-2012 at 09:39 AM.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    I think this Celtic Team is a long way off. Started slower than I thought which raises eyebrow, but not much.

I will reset after All- Star break. To see the Celtics down the strech, with health, A. Bradley, late season moves (if any), and biggest questions.

1. Frontcourt
    2. Rebounding
    3. Celtics finishing games

That will be my gauge, right now the Celtics have about 2% chance of winning a NBA Title this year.

LARRY BIRD
    NBA WORLD CHAMPION 1981,1984,1986

" The greatest basketball player and mind of all time. "

vCash
    If the Bass and Green injuries do not prevent them from playing the C's should build on the positives coming out of the Chicago win. Hopefully Rondo's knee is up for back to backs as well. Hopefully Doc stays with the same lineup and rotation to establish some continuity and comfort levels.

vCash
    I just can't wait to see how the team responds defensively when Bradley returns. Rondo and Bradley on the press is a nightmare for other guards.

vCash
    Kinda like the Pierce, Bass, KG, Green, Barbosa grouping.

Gotta hope Rondo is okay. I think the line up and rotations are coming into focus. The distribution of minutes was solid again.

Pierce 29:13
    Bass 32:11
    KG 29:40
    Terry 21:53
    Rondo 25:18
    Wilcox 18:20
    Green 27:17
    Sullinger 15:49
    Lee 17:37
    Barbosa 22:42

Another positive step. Really glad to see Doc go with the bench more. Barbosa provided a spark in the first half and Green stepped up again in the 2nd half. Now... can they get the second game of a back to back? Get a solid win streak going?

Biggest concern remains rebounding. Gave up waaaaay too many offensive rebounds. As well as I like the line up, rotation and distribution of minutes I have to wonder if Milicic might have helped tonight. When Bass and Sullinger don't rebound they just get killed on the boards.

vCash
    Has Darko even been on the bench lately? I'm confused as to why they signed him at all

vCash
    I wasn't enamored with the Milicic signing. He's stiff and robotic in his play. But when you think about it, each team has about 10 players that will play. That leaves another 5 players that are on the rosters basically as practice players and emergency backups. Darko falls among that group of 150 players. Any positive contriutions they provide are a gift.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by xk4 View Post
    Has Darko even been on the bench lately? I'm confused as to why they signed him at all
    He actually didn't look happy when the camera showed him sitting there last night. I am still stumped as to why Darko and Collins get no minutes, especially when we're continually getting killed in the paint. Darko got 17 MPG last season. It would have been more if not for the emergence of Pekovic.

"Stats are for losers. The final score is for winners." - Bill Belichick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 69centers View Post
    He actually didn't look happy when the camera showed him sitting there last night. I am still stumped as to why Darko and Collins get no minutes, especially when we're continually getting killed in the paint. Darko got 17 MPG last season. It would have been more if not for the emergence of Pekovic.
    I think part of it is the necessity to set a rotation and establish comfort levels within the rotation. Part of it could be the wrist injury - or that could be the excuse.

Serious question: Whose minutes would Milicic get?

The bench outscored the Utah bench 47-25 last night and was the reason the C's won the game. The Utah starters thrashed the C's starters.

vCash

Serious question: Whose minutes would Milicic get?
    Garnett got 29 and Bass got 32. KG could have easily been trimmed by about 5 minutes, and a couple off Bass, who only pulled down 3 boards in those 32 minutes.

"Stats are for losers. The final score is for winners." - Bill Belichick

Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast