Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Twins Wishlist -- Starters

vCash
    Marcum is the guy I want.

vCash
    Id like to see us take a shot on McCarthy if possible. And of course I'd love to see someone like Sanchez or Jackson or Haren... but realistically I think Marcum is someone we would go after.

vCash
    Iwakuma signed a deal with the Mariners, so he's out.

vCash
    He woulda have been a great addition to our staff and hes a proven MLB pitcher to an extent, theres still plenty of guys out there.

vCash
    Haren wasn't traded and he wasn't offered a qualifying offer. He should be at the top of the list. Considering thr Angels couldn't trade him, one would think his asking price will not be obscene and the Twins have a shot.

vCash
    I think plan A will be to try and sign a guy like Sanchez or Haren with our cash and then make a trade for our second guy making it not as expensive to grab two respectable starters. We matchup great in a trade with the Rays with either Span or Revere being the center piece. Both James Shields and Jeremy Hellickson would be my top choices, but it would probably cost more than Span for them. I wouldn't complain if we could grab Wade Davis though.

Plan B isn't a bad alternate but would include signing two Joe Blanton caliber pitchers and then make a trade for another.

vCash
    Is Trevor Plouffe available? What would you want in return that's realistic for him? We have depth in starting pitching.

vCash
    I know its not the most realistic offer but the only real pitcher I would want off your current roster would be Matt Harvey. I am assuming that Wheeler is untouchable.

vCash
    Moving Plouffe is probably a long shot as there really aren't any internal replacements for him at this time. I doubt the Mets would deal a top prospect for him or a top rotation arm, but it makes no sense for the Twins to trade their only 3B option for a back end of the rotation arm. In other words, the Mets would have to overpay to make the loss worth it for the Twins.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauer.400 View Post
    I know its not the most realistic offer but the only real pitcher I would want off your current roster would be Matt Harvey. I am assuming that Wheeler is untouchable.
    lol no way.

What about Murphy and Gee? Two controllable players, Murphy can play 3B and Gee is a solid #3/#4 starter.

vCash
    My wishlist is a trade for Shields, sign Marcum and sign a non tendered sp (Lannan, Jurrjens,Volstad). Does anybody think we will target some relief pitchers on the market or will we mostly just scour minor league type arms.

We could trade Span/Revere, Hendricks and maybe Parmalee for Shields and a mid level spec for a guy like Lannan.

Shields
    Marcum
    Diamond
    Lannan
    Deduno/DeVries/Duensing/Gibson

Looks respectable.

vCash
    Personally, I wouldn't trade a dime for Lannan. He's getting +$5 million plus the next two years in arbitration and produces Blackburnesque WHIP and K/9 numbers. I think he would be a disaster in the AL and I wouldn't want to give a prospect or pay the $ to find out.

The Twins may target BP help, but I hope it's the same way they did it last year with minor league offers. Bullpen arms are so unpredictable, I'd hate to spend more than $1 million on a guy. I think the Twins just need to put most of their free agent budget in front end of the rotation arms. The team won't be competitive until they figure out that aspect of the game. Probably won't happen as Terry Ryan is afraid of long term contracts for pitchers, but it's really the only solution in my book. You're going to have to take a risk to win.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauer.400 View Post
    I think plan A will be to try and sign a guy like Sanchez or Haren with our cash and then make a trade for our second guy making it not as expensive to grab two respectable starters. We matchup great in a trade with the Rays with either Span or Revere being the center piece. Both James Shields and Jeremy Hellickson would be my top choices, but it would probably cost more than Span for them. I wouldn't complain if we could grab Wade Davis though.

Plan B isn't a bad alternate but would include signing two Joe Blanton caliber pitchers and then make a trade for another.

Not likely to happen but would LOVE a
    Span and Moreau for
    Hellickson and Shields.

They have the depth in their system to still make it work while we could add a 1 and a 2 which is exactly what we need.
    Shields, Hellickson, Diamond, Gibson and whoever.
    I think even if we had to give up a decent prospect with it I would do it.

vCash
    Would the Rays consider something like Revere, Parmelee, and Hendriks for Hellickson?

Then sign one of the veteran pitchers on the FA market, say Haren, and bring back Baker.

Haren, Hellickson, Diamond, Baker, whoever wins the job in the spring.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast