Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Go_NUGGETS View Post
    It was a gamble, because small lineups have worked in the past! What dont you get? We're considered the fastest running team in the NBA, and it's because we play small lineups lots of times that do work. Wilson Chandler at Center would spread the floor more on offensively, because Wilson can play the perimeter and post--confusing the Center thats guarding him defensively! It has friggin worked before!!!!!!!!!! When he have a small guy playing Center, who can spread the defense--it has WORKED! Its a gamble, because it may or may not work=A GAMBLE!

Regardless of the so called "universal displeasure" , it didn't lose us the game. Period Period Period!
    That line up has never worked and that wasn't a fast line up.

How often do you think Greg Popovich gambles with lineups?

I didn't say it lost the game, I said it cost the Nuggets any chance at winning the game. They had played well in the 3rd and cut the Magic lead in half.

Karl's "gamble" blew that out of the water.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    Only Brewer and Moz have expiring contracts and they won't bring back much value enough to impact the roster immensely. Moz should stay if there is an injury. Morrow for Brewer straight up!!!! Maybe add in Randolph and get a pf back. I don't think a trade will be made. We just signed most of the players so main guys like Lawson, Mcgee, Faried, Iggy, Gallo/Wilson, Miller won't be traded. Don't expect a trade later on that will really effect the roster
    Trading Brewer would force Karl to play Hamilton. And the Nuggets have enough depth to package Brewer and or Moz with other guys.

After trading Afflalo and Nene, I wouldn't be surprise if anyone is traded. Especially, if the team keeps under performing.

vCash
    Yea but not that many teams would give up shooters or anyone with value for just moz/brewer. Unless we trade him for a pick or young player then there is no need to trade him. Just keep him for the year and let him leave. Karl should play Brewer/Jham as the situation presents itself.

You want hustle or energy:Brewer. Shooting:Jham. For some reason Karl won't do that and plays Brewer 25 min. Maybe Karl will play jham during home games a lot?

vCash
    If you want to look at pure statistics, Brewer is the best 3 point shooter we have percentage wise but you cannot base the rotation on statistics, it's too early in the season. Not big enough sample size to generalize that. Rotation should be based off what will give us the best opportunity to win. Brewer has never and will never be a great shooter. He should not be spotting up at the three point line, he's trying to be the three point threat off the bench but he just can't. He needs to get his points by being a slasher and cutting to the hoop. If we are down big or in need of a desperate bucket, you should have the best shooters on the floor. Our best offensive lineup would have JHam in there over Brewer and everybody should know that. Now I'm not panicking yet, it's still early and I believe the shots will start to fall but I do believe that Karl should get some of the blame for those first two losses. The team looked stagnant and non-motivated out there, but it is the coach's job to motivate them and keep them prepared. Some of the blame also goes to the players.

Going back to the Heat game, during the Heat's timeout, point of emphasis on defense should've been made sure to not leave or lose your man, especially Ray Allen. I am not sure if that was made clear or not, Brewer should not have been helping. The inside man should've been the player to help if at all. Make Lebron drive down completely and hopefully force a tough lay-up. If he makes it, you're only down by 1, gives you a chance to win it with a 2 pointer. No way you can give up a 3 at that point, especially to arguably one of the greatest 3 point shooters out there. You give up that 3 and you're down by 2, not giving you much of a chance to win the game, only to tie it. Then throw in that bogus flop call and you're suddenly down by 3 and having to make a 3 to tie it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jt1bui View Post
    Going back to the Heat game, during the Heat's timeout, point of emphasis on defense should've been made sure to not leave or lose your man, especially Ray Allen. I am not sure if that was made clear or not, Brewer should not have been helping. The inside man should've been the player to help if at all. Make Lebron drive down completely and hopefully force a tough lay-up. If he makes it, you're only down by 1, gives you a chance to win it with a 2 pointer. No way you can give up a 3 at that point, especially to arguably one of the greatest 3 point shooters out there. You give up that 3 and you're down by 2, not giving you much of a chance to win the game, only to tie it. Then throw in that bogus flop call and you're suddenly down by 3 and having to make a 3 to tie it.
    Regarding the Heat game, and the final Miami possession. If this was an amateur league you can forgive a player for sagging off his man and trying to help stop the best player from driving but this is a professional league and you need to know who you are marking. Ray Allen spotting up in the corner is just as dangerous as Lebron driving towards the basket.

Just a poor play by Brewer. Hopefully next time he learns from his error and stays with his man (unless he is marking someone who has never hit a three in his NBA career).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Poz303 View Post
    Regarding the Heat game, and the final Miami possession. If this was an amateur league you can forgive a player for sagging off his man and trying to help stop the best player from driving but this is a professional league and you need to know who you are marking. Ray Allen spotting up in the corner is just as dangerous as Lebron driving towards the basket.

Just a poor play by Brewer. Hopefully next time he learns from his error and stays with his man (unless he is marking someone who has never hit a three in his NBA career).
    That is Allen's spot, he loves the corner 3. Brewer should not have been paying attention to the ball or Lebron. His focus should've been strictly on sticking to Ray Allen. Lebron driving towards the basket we can live with, not an open 3 from a deadly shooter. That 1 point difference is huge. If I were Karl, I would've told the team to let him drive and foul him hard. Make him make free throws, he's not that great of a free throw shooter.

vCash
    Totally agree, and like you said (and I said as well in another thread), if Lebron had managed to make a difficult shot, then we would only have been down by 1. Giving Nuggets the opportunity to make a 2 to win the game. Fouling Lebron would probably have been a smart decision too as he is not known as the best free throw shooter under pressure.

It was either poor coaching or poor decision making by Brewer.

Time to move on though and look forward to the Nuggets crushing the Pistons tonight

vCash
    Hopefully, as long as they don't downplay to their competition like they tend to do. Still early, Once Gallo and Chandler are fully healthy, which I believe Chandler should not return until then, we should be able to click on the offensive end.

vCash
    Nuggets’ Karl critical of JaVale McGee despite win

DENVER - Stastically speaking, Nuggets center JaVale McGee put up big numbers in Tuesday’s 109-97 win over the Pistons, posting 16 points and 3 rebounds in 18 minutes off the bench. But Nuggets coach George Karl was critical of McGee’s play postgame on Tuesday, strongly hinting that the talented big man may not be trying quite hard enough.

“I think about four of his shots were lucky,” Karl said. “Andre (Miller) makes a steal at half-court when (McGee) was the last guy. He kind of got three or four layups or dunks on rewards that he was the last player back and fell into them more than I think he earned them.”

http://milehighsports.com/2012/11/07...e-despite-win/

Is George Karl Mismanaging the Denver Nuggets?

George Karl has decided that bench dregs Corey Brewer and Wilson Chandler deserve to be in the game. Kenneth Faried and JaVale McGee, who are the franchise’s future, have been relegated to playing few minutes. This is utterly baffling...

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/sport...-t-george-karl

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wruff View Post
    is george karl mismanaging the denver nuggets?
    yes
    Nuggets 2014-15 motto: Return to mediocrity

Hall & Oates - Melo come back
    Melo come back, any kind of intelligent fan could see
    There was something in everything about you
    Melo come back, you can blame it all George Karl
    He was wrong and I just can't live without you

vCash
    lol

vCash
    i havent been in here a ton, and when i am on psd its usually in the broncos forum. that being said im a huge nuggets fan, and i watch all their games. i dont understand why koufos is starting. even tonight so far he has done nothing to warrant a starting spot. i have always taken karls side, but this is rediculous. what is he seeing in kofus to keep starting him over mcgee? everyone but karl seems to realize that koufos is awful and it is soooo irritating!

vCash
    Koufos is not starting center material. He would better played 10-15 minutes off the bench. I just don't understand how you can pay a guy 11 mil a year to play only 20 minutes off the bench.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345