Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuggninja View Post
    What on Earth are you talking about? The blue print for beating the Nuggets is to pack the paint and dare them to shoot. The lack of a shooter is one of, if not the Nuggets biggest needs. The Nuggets would be 3-0 if they had a legit shooter taking all of the wide open 3's that Brewer has mostly missed.

Corey Brewer did have a good preseason. But in the regular season he's missed wide open three after wide open three and made some terrible mistakes on defense. Most notably last night when he left Ray Allen wide open behind the arc and then fouled him too.
    Bingoooo! We live and die by the paint now and once our guards, mostly Ty or either dre, drive they want to kick it out for the shooters. Many times I see the guys that recieves the pass not being a threat on the outside. Fournier and jham are the best shooters on the bench and I don't care what has happened the last two games statistically. With chandler out ( and he should stay out until he is 100% because he has been awful on both ends) why not play jham or Fournier while having brewer at the three?

Oh and I despise seeing Koufas playing 30 the first two. Don't care how good he was preseason he will never post spectacular numbers and we don't need him to. I like him giving you a solid 15-20 min and having McGee/faired/gallo/Randolph getting minutes at the pf/c.

When chandler is healthy we should be seeing this lineup a lot:
    Ty, iggy, chandler, gallo, McGee/faired/koof

That should be our best lineup but Karl will screw with it and have miller in there morenoften than not. Well see...

vCash
    With Al gone our bench needs to step up and contribute. Chandler is out and jham is the best shooter, why the heck not play him? It just doesn't make sense at all. If jam doesn't play in the next few games we will see what rotations Karl has set for the season. Now, obviously jham isn't the solution but we need the 3 point shooting badlyyyyy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Go_NUGGETS View Post
    We were already losing the game! You keep putting emphasis on this, because its the only point you can make about criticizing Karl's rotation--acting like this was the main reason we lost. I dont got to enlighten you about anything, any nuggets fan who was watched games extensively, has seen that smaller lineups have worked in the past for us--and haven't--it's a gamble. Sometimes we can out run teams on the run and gun style with a smaller lineup, sometimes we can't! It's a gamble. Lmao @ killed any shot of winning...We were already losing! Give a damn about momentum or not.
    The Nuggets got the score down to eight to start the 4th. The game was still winnable.

The Nuggets were getting killed on the glass all night and that wasn't a run and gun lineup. It wasn't a slow and small lineup.

I bring it up because it's the most glaring example of Karl implementing an idiotic lineup that hurt the team. It's basically an indefensible decision on Karl's part which is why you won't even bother to make the case that Chandler at center is a good idea.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    With Al gone our bench needs to step up and contribute. Chandler is out and jham is the best shooter, why the heck not play him? It just doesn't make sense at all. If jam doesn't play in the next few games we will see what rotations Karl has set for the season. Now, obviously jham isn't the solution but we need the 3 point shooting badlyyyyy.
    The rotations now won't be the rotations come March. Aside from injuries providing guys with chances to step up, I'm pretty sure Masai will make a trade at some point. There are too many guys on the roster and a couple of expiring contracts.

Hopefully, either Brewer will be dealt or a package of players will bring back a shooter than can play some defense.

vCash
    ^^ Agreed with the above posts

I was hoping OJ Mayo or someone who could shoot 3's signed with the team in the offseason considering Karl hates hamilton for some reason and at least a guy like Mayo would get play time. Didn't happen.

No clue as to why Hamilton isn't getting playtime especially with Al leaving a void offensively.

vCash
    The rotations now won't be the rotations come March. Aside from injuries providing guys with chances to step up, I'm pretty sure Masai will make a trade at some point. There are too many guys on the roster and a couple of expiring contracts.

Hopefully, either Brewer will be dealt or a package of players will bring back a shooter than can play some defense.
    I hope Karl is included in whatever trades masai hopefully makes

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SoFreshNsoClean View Post
    ^^ Agreed with the above posts

I was hoping OJ Mayo or someone who could shoot 3's signed with the team in the offseason considering Karl hates hamilton for some reason and at least a guy like Mayo would get play time. Didn't happen.

No clue as to why Hamilton isn't getting playtime especially with Al leaving a void offensively.
    Brewer is well on his way to becoming George Karl's new Anthony Carter. No matter how many stupid mistakes or shots he misses, he gets a free pass and will not be benched.

vCash
    Brewer is well on his way to becoming George Karl's new Anthony Carter. No matter how many stupid mistakes or shots he misses, he gets a free pass and will not be benched.
    Yeah man smh... not much else needs to be said...

vCash
    The Nuggets were getting killed on the glass all night and that wasn't a run and gun lineup. It wasn't a slow and small lineup.
    That doesnt make sense... ????????

and I already made the case for seeing Wilson Chandler at Center (I dont even remember Wilson Chandler being at Center, but okay) by saying that small lineups have worked before, and haven't worked before. It was a gamble. Thats MY CASE ...That it was a GAMBLE! Because small lineups have worked, and haven't.

So what? That didnt beat us...We beat ourselves. I'm still not convinced that George Karl deserved the strict criticism for the first two games, and I wont be convinced, because the players played like ****..PERIOD!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Go_NUGGETS View Post
    That doesnt make sense... ????????

and I already made the case for seeing Wilson Chandler at Center (I dont even remember Wilson Chandler being at Center, but okay) by saying that small lineups have worked before, and haven't worked before. It was a gamble. Thats MY CASE ...That it was a GAMBLE! Because small lineups have worked, and haven't.

So what? That didnt beat us...We beat ourselves. I'm still not convinced that George Karl deserved the strict criticism for the first two games, and I wont be convinced, because the players played like ****..PERIOD!
    Just because you're small doesn't mean your fast.

The line up to start the 4th was Wilson Chandler, Kenneth Faried, Corey Brewer, Andre Miller and Ty Lawson.

That's not a lineup to run a team off the court with especially with Chandler still recovering from back surgery and Andre Miller out there.

Kenneth Faried is a mediocre to poor defender who was playing horribly, Brewer isn't a lock down defender, Andre Miller isn't a very good defender and Wilson Chandler was trying to play center.

There was near universal displeasure with that lineup among Nuggets fans when the game came back from commercial and that line up was out there.

That's not a gamble, that's the coach crapping the bed with a bad line up decision.

vCash
    Just because you're small doesn't mean your fast.

The line up to start the 4th was Wilson Chandler, Kenneth Faried, Corey Brewer, Andre Miller and Ty Lawson.

That's not a lineup to run a team off the court with especially with Chandler still recovering from back surgery and Andre Miller out there.

Kenneth Faried is a mediocre to poor defender who was playing horribly, Brewer isn't a lock down defender, Andre Miller isn't a very good defender and Wilson Chandler was trying to play center.

There was near universal displeasure with that lineup among Nuggets fans when the game came back from commercial and that line up was out there.

That's not a gamble, that's the coach crapping the bed with a bad line up decision.
    It was a gamble, because small lineups have worked in the past! What dont you get? We're considered the fastest running team in the NBA, and it's because we play small lineups lots of times that do work. Wilson Chandler at Center would spread the floor more on offensively, because Wilson can play the perimeter and post--confusing the Center thats guarding him defensively! It has friggin worked before!!!!!!!!!! When he have a small guy playing Center, who can spread the defense--it has WORKED! Its a gamble, because it may or may not work=A GAMBLE!

Regardless of the so called "universal displeasure" , it didn't lose us the game. Period Period Period!

vCash
    OK, straight from Iguodala's mouth, Gallo is the best shooter on the team, closely followed by JHam.

I think JHam should be getting at least as many minutes as Brewer. I think Brewer is streaky, and can get on a roll but is not as pure a shooter as JHam. If JHam took as many shots as Brewer I think his % would be better than Brewer. JHam is a better rebounder than Brewer but Brewer MAY be a better one-on-one defender, though he does like to gamble on D and go for steals.

I think Brewer is great to bring a spark off the bench when the team needs a boost but JHam is the better offensive threat.

And I agree with Brave_Kid. If you yank a player, especially a young player, every time he takes a bad shot then his confidence drops, and the pressure on the next shot increases. Even the best of shooters miss shots but they just believe they will make the next one. JHam could have that ability but GK isnt allowing him to have the next shot.

As far as team needs, I think we have just about everything covered but are still looking for our knock-down shooter. I think most of us believe JHam could be that player. If GK doesnt believe that, then we should trade for one cause I dont see any other role for JHam but to become our perimeter threat.

So this brings me to my question....

Who would you consider to be the best knock-down three point shooters in the league? And who could the Nuggets realistically think about adding to the roster?

Anthony Morrow?
    Steve Novak?
    *Would add Klay Thompson but I dont think he is a realistic target.*
    Last edited by Poz303; 11-05-2012 at 12:40 AM.

vCash
    We have to try J-Ham first before trading for a shooter...Uriji has to brainwash Karl in someway. Uriji is batman..I'm sure he could find a way to make it happen.

But if I had to choose I would get Morrow. He's perfect...I just don't know what the Hawks can use from us that we would be willing to give up..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    We have to try J-Ham first before trading for a shooter...Uriji has to brainwash Karl in someway. Uriji is batman..I'm sure he could find a way to make it happen.

But if I had to choose I would get Morrow. He's perfect...I just don't know what the Hawks can use from us that we would be willing to give up..
    I concur, I would like to give JHam a chance before we make any moves. I believe JHam is the player we need but not sure what GK thinks. He talked about needing perimeter shooting for the team to succeed yet he doesnt play our best perimeter threat?

And I Morrow would be the logical choice if we had to bring in a pure shooter, dont know enough about ATL to know what a need for them might be.

But I have high hopes for JHam, so hopefully GK will give him the opportunity to play in the near future.

vCash
    Only Brewer and Moz have expiring contracts and they won't bring back much value enough to impact the roster immensely. Moz should stay if there is an injury. Morrow for Brewer straight up!!!! Maybe add in Randolph and get a pf back. I don't think a trade will be made. We just signed most of the players so main guys like Lawson, Mcgee, Faried, Iggy, Gallo/Wilson, Miller won't be traded. Don't expect a trade later on that will really effect the roster

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast