Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 73
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,984
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuggninja View Post
    The Spurs have a veteran core that's been together but I believe Tim Duncan is the only player still on the Spurs team that won it's first championship. The Spurs have been good for the past 15 years or so. Popovich has adjusted to new players and changed offensive system to accommodate the players he has.

    It's ridiculous how much better of a coach Popovich is than Karl.

    I mean Karl is running a scheme in which Brewer is expected to shoot threes well, especially given the amount of playing time he's been given. He's never done that is his career. Karl could either change the scheme to adjust to the fact that he doesn't have shooters on the court or play more shooters. Instead he seems to expect Brewer to become a marksman from beyond the arc just because that's where he's put him.

    I mean is it really Brewer's fault that his game has never been good behind the arc and it's still not, or is it Karl's fault for continually putting him in a position where he's unlikely to succeed given the history of his career?
    Brewer has been our best 3pt shooter the last two games ...What is Karl suppose to do when nobody else is making shots, and making the offense look more predictable and predictable??? Jordan Hamilton isnt making the shots he needs to to strecth the defense.........Gallo is not making his shots .....So what is Karl suppose to do, when Brewer is the only one draining shots? We can't slash and drive, because everytime a nugget player does--they get blocked or turn the ball over.

    So is the Nuggets team not at fault here? Are you telling me the Nuggets will win games playin the way they are playing, with a different coach?

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,984
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuggninja View Post
    There is nothing impressive about Brewer's three ball, it's horrific just as it has been his entire career. All last season he missed wide open three after three and he's doing it again. It's not his game and Karl needs to stop hoping he'll magically turn into a sharpshooter.

    The Nuggets were mounting a comeback in the 3rd quarter. George Karl killed the comeback with his small and slow lineup. Wilson Chandler didn't play well last night and he was a horrific center. But he's not a center and should never be playing center.

    The player played poorly but he wasn't put in a situation where he could succeed. If Karl has Kofous guard Lebron James all game, he'd get abused and would play poorly on defense. Kofous wouldn't be able to stay in front of him. The player didn't play well but he was put in a situation where it would take a miracle for him to succeed. It's the coaches fault for putting the player in a horrible situation.
    Nothing impressive about Brewer's three ball......Yet...


    In the last two games...Nuggets as a team--are 11-44 from 3 pt range.......Guess what Brewer has of that 11-44? ...He's 4-12 right now. ...You can have your opinion...But the FACT remains, that Brewer has been our best 3 pt shooter the last two games <<<<Does that provide any indication on how bad our team is shooting right now? I mean really....Is that GK fault? Or is the team just ****ing cold right now? Because those statistics are pathetic!!

    And thats the thingggg....NUGGETS WERE MOUNTING A COMEBACK.....A COMEBACK!???? How did they get in the position to have "mount a comeback" in the first place? Ohhhhh I get it...It was the high turnover ratio and disrupted play from our players missing wide open friggin shots! C'mon mannnnnn

    Koufus wasn't guarding Lebron...He was guarding Big Baby Davis and got owned by him. I remember seeing Koufus box out big baby, and try to grab a rebound--but Big Baby jumped right behind him and grabbed the offensive rebound.........was the GK fault? Possibly, because he coulda had McGee out there grabbin the rebound--but it's hard depending on a player who's putting -9 on the +/- chart. Koufus was just un-athletic enough, and McGee was just too low IQ'd.

    The players are playing bad...Statistics prove it.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Southern Colorado
    Posts
    1,648
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Go_NUGGETS View Post
    Are you telling me the Nuggets will win games playin the way they are playing, with a different coach?
    it depends on the coach.

    Karl is not helping matters!

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,056
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuggninja View Post

    I mean Karl is running a scheme in which Brewer is expected to shoot threes well, especially given the amount of playing time he's been given. He's never done that is his career. Karl could either change the scheme to adjust to the fact that he doesn't have shooters on the court or play more shooters. Instead he seems to expect Brewer to become a marksman from beyond the arc just because that's where he's put him.

    I mean is it really Brewer's fault that his game has never been good behind the arc and it's still not, or is it Karl's fault for continually putting him in a position where he's unlikely to succeed given the history of his career?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuggninja View Post
    The Nuggets were mounting a comeback in the 3rd quarter. George Karl killed the comeback with his small and slow lineup. Wilson Chandler didn't play well last night and he was a horrific center. But he's not a center and should never be playing center.

    The player played poorly but he wasn't put in a situation where he could succeed. If Karl has Kofous guard Lebron James all game, he'd get abused and would play poorly on defense. Kofous wouldn't be able to stay in front of him. The player didn't play well but he was put in a situation where it would take a miracle for him to succeed. It's the coaches fault for putting the player in a horrible situation.
    ^ This is true. Valid points here. Lots of this going on around this team. It is glaring this year.
    Nobody's excusing the poor play of our players, but coaching has not been logical or rational either, and it's tough to expect players to succeed or even be motivated with this coaching style, with a coach that's not coaching to players strengths nor doing what's best for this team to succeed now or later.
    I've always had Karl's back, but it appears that he's lost control, lost the players ear. Yes it is very early, but this looks real bad.
    I am sorry George, but wtf.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,984
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SoFreshNsoClean View Post
    it depends on the coach.

    Karl is not helping matters!
    Neither is 23-38 from the FT line either...But I guess missed FTs are directly Karls fault right?

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,984
    vCash
    1500
    SMH...I dont see anything in here that has convinced me that Karl's rotations are to blame for these two losses...His rotations are so ****ed up right now, because everybody is playing like ****--and he's trying to find a rotation that will work! Whatever tho...A team is not going to win shooting 11-44 from 3 PT range, and 23-38 from the FT line--no matter who the coach is!

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,984
    vCash
    1500
    And yall can keep putting emphasis on "Well if the 3 aint working, drive to the hoop" stuff...but every team that has been successful has a dagger 3 pt shooter at some level, and we haven't found it. J Ham is the closest, but he hasnt drained any outside perimeter jumpers either.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Toronto/Nuggetland
    Posts
    230
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Go_NUGGETS View Post
    SMH...I dont see anything in here that has convinced me that Karl's rotations are to blame for these two losses...His rotations are so ****ed up right now, because everybody is playing like ****--and he's trying to find a rotation that will work! Whatever tho...A team is not going to win shooting 11-44 from 3 PT range, and 23-38 from the FT line--no matter who the coach is!
    man I hear what you're saying, the blame definitely must be shared, but Coach is big factor in that right now, I mean no way Manimal should have under 50 minutes in these first two games, and like what I've been reading in here we are playing so uninspired right now, Miami tonight prob won't help the matters either lol

    However, losing 2 / 82 isn't time to worry, but for a team that's relatively the same, WHO we lost to and HOW we lost to them is pretty upsetting, and Coach's rotations are a substantial part of the problem

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Southern Colorado
    Posts
    1,648
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by kobemelo View Post
    I've been reading in here we are playing so uninspired right now, Miami tonight prob won't help the matters either lol

    WHO we lost to and HOW we lost to them is pretty upsetting, and Coach's rotations are a substantial part of the problem
    Yeah the team is playing uninspired which isn't a shock. Last year the team just about missed the playoffs because the team looked like zombies on the court and Karl would be chilling with this smart A grin on his face down by 20 and refused to make adjustments.

    Karl has nothing left in the coaching tank IMO. Time to retire GK...hand the keys to someone else. Maybe Melvin Hunt for now?
    Last edited by SoFreshNsoClean; 11-03-2012 at 02:24 PM.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    89,524
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Go_NUGGETS View Post
    And yall can keep putting emphasis on "Well if the 3 aint working, drive to the hoop" stuff...but every team that has been successful has a dagger 3 pt shooter at some level, and we haven't found it. J Ham is the closest, but he hasnt drained any outside perimeter jumpers either.
    J-Ham has gotten a total of 16 whopping minutes. In those 16 minutes..he's taken 2 shots from the perimeter and missed both.

    How is that a fair enough sample size for the kid??

    Imagine the amount of pressure he is getting. One poor shot selection or a couple of misses, or a missed defensive assignment...then he gets yanked and won't come back until the game is out of hand..or won't come back at all.

    Jordan Hamilton has been the team's most improved player in the off-season and he is easily the teams best shooter. Yet Karl refuses to play him because of some stupid meticulous reason. "He took a couple of bad shots, he doesn't play defense" whatever crap he spews out. Again, Karl is the king of hypocrisy.

    Brewer takes bad shots all the time...yet he's getting 24 minutes a game.


  11. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Southern Colorado
    Posts
    1,648
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    J-Ham has gotten a total of 16 whopping minutes. In those 16 minutes..he's taken 2 shots from the perimeter and missed both.

    How is that a fair enough sample size for the kid??

    Imagine the amount of pressure he is getting. One poor shot selection or a couple of misses, or a missed defensive assignment...then he gets yanked and won't come back until the game is out of hand..or won't come back at all.

    Jordan Hamilton has been the team's most improved player in the off-season and he is easily the teams best shooter. Yet Karl refuses to play him because of some stupid meticulous reason. "He took a couple of bad shots, he doesn't play defense" whatever crap he spews out. Again, Karl is the king of hypocrisy.

    Brewer takes bad shots all the time...yet he's getting 24 minutes a game.
    Good post

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,984
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by kobemelo View Post
    man I hear what you're saying, the blame definitely must be shared, but Coach is big factor in that right now, I mean no way Manimal should have under 50 minutes in these first two games, and like what I've been reading in here we are playing so uninspired right now, Miami tonight prob won't help the matters either lol

    However, losing 2 / 82 isn't time to worry, but for a team that's relatively the same, WHO we lost to and HOW we lost to them is pretty upsetting, and Coach's rotations are a substantial part of the problem
    Kenneth Faried hasn't even been playing good these first two games...The scouting reports are out, and teams are recognizing that he is an undersized PF, and no matter how hard he works--he still has a disadvantage with certain PFs.

    I do agree that Karl does need to let the players discover new things, and stop trying to keep them limited to certain fundamentals that he see fits. At the same time, these players are not producing--even when trying to add new facets to their game.

    These first two games, have beenn on the players. They need to make them damn wide open shots, and make FTs...Once they do that--than i'll worry about rotations.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,984
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    J-Ham has gotten a total of 16 whopping minutes. In those 16 minutes..he's taken 2 shots from the perimeter and missed both.

    How is that a fair enough sample size for the kid??


    Still, it stands...He hasn't drained either of his two attempts, so he hasn't contributed--thus, we haven't found our 3 pt dagger shooter like a Jamal Crawfor, Jason Richardson or Reddick. This relates back to my point, that this team is off.

    What i'm really saying is, we need dudes to shoot the 3 pt shot...We can't just be a slash, drive to the hoop team--like lots of fans in here be saying. In order to open up the driving lane, we need to shoot and make 3's...Thats all.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,984
    vCash
    1500
    And lmao @ putting Melvin Hunt in charge...I thought we all seen what happened when Karl got cancer, and Adrien Dantley took over--yeah that worked well!! Lets just let Melvin Hunt takeover!!!! LMAO. NOOOOOOOO.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    89,524
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Go_NUGGETS View Post
    Still, it stands...He hasn't drained either of his two attempts, so he hasn't contributed--thus, we haven't found our 3 pt dagger shooter like a Jamal Crawfor, Jason Richardson or Reddick. This relates back to my point, that this team is off.

    What i'm really saying is, we need dudes to shoot the 3 pt shot...We can't just be a slash, drive to the hoop team--like lots of fans in here be saying. In order to open up the driving lane, we need to shoot and make 3's...Thats all.
    This must be Karl's mindset cause it so flawed.

    "Jordan Hamilton has had 2 3 point attempts and he missed both, obviously that's enough to judge he's not helping us much so I'm not going to play him."

    How does that make any sense?? You're setting your BEST perimeter shooter up for failure. Give him limited minutes and if he's not perfect in those minutes..then don't play him at all. Sounds like a **** life.

    J-Ham also picked up 6 rebounds in the 13 minutes he played against the 76ers...that's value. For all the complaining that Karl does with the "lack of rebounding" he ignores that J-ham is actually a good rebounder.

    Fact of the matter is...he hasn't given J-ham a LEGITIMATE shot. He lets the bum Brewer take all the shots he wants but when J-ham takes ONE ill-advised shot..he cracks down on him like he committed murder.

    One word...hypocrite.


Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •