Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

What World Series memorabilia will you collect? (Part 2)

I asked this question two years ago after the Giants won their first world championship in San Francisco, so here goes again. What types of 2012 World Series championship collectibles have you purchased? And what is the Holy Grail on your checklist?

I want the black Giants baseball cap with the World Series logo on it (they didn't wear the two-toned caps -- maybe because it was a short series). I also want the San Francisco Giants 2012 World Series Champions Collector's Edition DVD set!

vCash
    That's weird, you're right. Game 4 was Sunday, but they wore the all black hats.

Ariana Grande

vCash
    I've already began working on a 2012 World Series team signed ball. I've got Bumgarner, Belt, and Scutaro on it. And in the next few weeks I'll have Posey, Cain, Sandoval, Blanco, and Kontos with their upcoming signings.

In terms of clothes and other stuff, I have the World Series Champions shirt, Orange/Black WS hat, and a World Series Champion pennant.

Ariana Grande

9/13/14: #Mayhem (While Pacman fights Algieri in China. lol)
    vCash
    I'm not big on random memorabilia but will buy a couple ws patch jerseys, and get some signed balls.

I am sure I will get a hat here and there and whatnot too, and of course the games on dvd sounds good, I need to do that for the 2010 series as well.

I haven't started doing those purchases yet, still recovering from the series itself and been simultaneously distracted by football, basketball, and of course, baseball's offseason.

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    World Series jersey, not sure what player.

DVD's. WS tshirt.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    I am getting a Panda one because he was the MVP and I don't have one of his from 2010, for obvious reasons.

I also have a Renteria one, but that is for more than just winning the MVP in '10.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

vCash
    I'll probably have my road jersey customized. I'm thinking of Cain, Vogelsong, or Belt. I'd love to get Vogelsong, but it costs $10 per letter or number and then get a WS patch.

Ariana Grande

vCash
    I'll probably get Belt. I like getting jerseys of players that will stay for a while.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    I do too, Renteria I got knowing he was going to leave, but he was the exception. Panda should be around for a while. Belt, I am not so sure of, I am going to wait before he becomes jersey-appealing to me.

Cain would be cool too though. I kind of want to wait to see what moves we are making in the offseason, it might affect my choices.

vCash
    Aside from some clothing, I only really like collecting all the home grown players rookie cards. Only missing Crawford's.

vCash
    i will collect vials of seawater from mccovey cove and inject them into my right buttock!

vCash
    DVD Series is a must. Have the one from 2010 as well, good stuff and bonus features.

Kinda hard to get the custom shirts since I'm in Miami, but my mom works in SF so she's getting me the custom shirts.

Will definitely be getting the World Series SF Hat...

RedBubble.com comes out with the best custom shirts and they already have a few of the Giants, waiting for the better versions to come out. Here's an example, not getting this one though. http://www.redbubble.com/people/kirk...ium&style=mens

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Yeah. I noticed instantly on the day of the game. They should have been wearing the alternate jerseys (with the SF) too. I take it the boys aren't a big fan of the Sunday uniforms.
    Maybe the MLB Powers That Be restricted the teams to wearing only their regular caps and home and road jerseys during the Series.

vCash
    I don't think that'd be it. They're just jerseys and hats that they've been wearing all year. They wore their black/orange hats in 2010. I guess it was just a team decision.

Ariana Grande

vCash
    A banner that says "You're going to jail now!"

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast