Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jeremy Tyler

vCash

Jeremy Tyler

I don't think anyone noticed that the Warriors D-league team picked him up, when he was waived by the Hawks. He's been playing pretty well, and has been playing even better in the D-league playoffs. His stat line in nine games since being picked up by the Santa Cruz Warriors is pretty solid.

21.4 Points Per Game - 9 Rebounds Per Game - 0.6 Blocks Per Game

I know playing in the D-league those numbers aren't really that impressive, but Tyler is still only 22, and who knows maybe the trade, being released, then given another chance will lit a fire for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Monta is beast View Post
    If Currys defense is so bad, why do the warriors have the third best defensive team in the league? Why do opposing point guards have a less than average per of 14.9 when Curry is in the game? Why does curry LEAD the nba with a plus minus of +416.
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    You can rattle off all of the stats you want with no context whatsoever. You still said Curry is the 4th best player in the league.
    I guess stats aren't factual when rattled off?

vCash
    I liked tyler. He has questionable IQ though.

Aside from that, I like him. Hopefully Bogut can groom him and he can unleash his inner dragon

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
    "From the stomach at birth, till I'm under the earth."

#DUBSUP

vCash
    I don't think anyone noticed that the Warriors D-league team picked him up, when he was waived by the Hawks. He's been playing pretty well, and has been playing even better in the D-league playoffs. His stat line in nine games since being picked up by the Santa Cruz Warriors is pretty solid.

21.4 Points Per Game - 9 Rebounds Per Game - 0.6 Blocks Per Game

I know playing in the D-league those numbers aren't really that impressive, but Tyler is still only 22, and who knows maybe the trade, being released, then given another chance will lit a fire for him.
    Tyler definitely has the size and athletic ability to be a productive player and last a long time in the NBA. Unfortunately- while he is talented, he isnt top tier nba big man talent and his game is very very very raw. He could develop into an above average big man, but if he wants to get on the floor right now- He has to be willing to work his tail off every minute hes on the floor. He has to be willing to be a role player who goes in sets good picks, fights for rebounds every play, and plays tough defense (and raises his hand once in a while to take a foul for one of the starters)

When tyler was on the floor- he thought he was al jefferson or Nene. Tyler should have been playing more like ezeli out there. Limit his mistakes, do what his size and strength allow him to do that will help win the game. For people who were made tyler didnt get enough of a chance this yr. The warriors have been a competitive team all year. They have been playing for something all year long. (This was not the case last season). Tyler wasnt getting minutes because the coaching staff didnt think he was out there doing things that gave the warriors a better chance to win the game.

Hopefully he sees this as a wake up call, and its a good sign the warriors picked him up on their d league team. hes gonna have to be a hard worker to get a real chance in the NBA. 22 isnt old, but it isnt THAT young either. His window is closing if he doesnt make some changes.
    A role model if I ever knew one

9/13/14: #Mayhem (While Pacman fights Algieri in China. lol)
    vCash
    Hopefully he makes the most out of his opportunity.

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    He needs to be putting up 25 & 12 in the D-league consistently. Their in the playoffs right now, and in two games in the playoffs he's averaging 29.5 & 8, also would like to see more than 0.5 blocks a night from a 6'10 athletic power forward.

If Currys defense is so bad, why do the warriors have the third best defensive team in the league? Why do opposing point guards have a less than average per of 14.9 when Curry is in the game? Why does curry LEAD the nba with a plus minus of +416.
    You can rattle off all of the stats you want with no context whatsoever. You still said Curry is the 4th best player in the league.

vCash
    But I'm still high on Tyler. Big men take 5 years to develop, he's only in his second season.

vCash
    But I'm still high on Tyler. Big men take 5 years to develop, he's only in his second season.
    that might be true, i dont think anybody is expecting tyler to be a perfect player, but it didnt appear as though he got any better at all from the time he was drafted to the time he was traded. Usually developing happens over time and it doesnt just randomly happen over night after you have been in the league 4 or 5 yrs. Tyler did not appear to be on track.

Heck look how much ezeli has developed in the 6 yrs hes played organized ball. Hes a better than average back up in the NBA and getting better every week. The sad thing is- I think tyler is a far better athlete than ezeli... but i dont think he works as hard.

vCash
    He needs to be putting up 25 & 12 in the D-league consistently. Their in the playoffs right now, and in two games in the playoffs he's averaging 29.5 & 8, also would like to see more than 0.5 blocks a night from a 6'10 athletic power forward.
    wouldnt get too caught up in stats, look at his plus minus in the d league and make sure hes outworking other big men on a regular basis. Obviously you dont want his stats to be horrible but there isnt much difference between good numbers and great numbers if he isnt helping the team win games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    that might be true, i dont think anybody is expecting tyler to be a perfect player, but it didnt appear as though he got any better at all from the time he was drafted to the time he was traded. Usually developing happens over time and it doesnt just randomly happen over night after you have been in the league 4 or 5 yrs. Tyler did not appear to be on track.

Heck look how much ezeli has developed in the 6 yrs hes played organized ball. Hes a better than average back up in the NBA and getting better every week. The sad thing is- I think tyler is a far better athlete than ezeli... but i dont think he works as hard.
    Yeah I agree that Tyler didn't improve much. He strikes me as the type of dude that doesn't work real hard over the summer. In his first season he didn't have the strength to back someone down, you would think he would have worked on that during the off-season, but it didn't look like he was any stronger this season. That's why I'm hoping being traded, then being released, lights a fire for him. It kinda seemed like he was to comfortable being an end of the bench guy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    wouldnt get too caught up in stats, look at his plus minus in the d league and make sure hes outworking other big men on a regular basis. Obviously you dont want his stats to be horrible but there isnt much difference between good numbers and great numbers if he isnt helping the team win games.
    Yeah I haven't looked at the plus-minus for him in the D-league, but his efficiency rating is 29.5, which is crazy high (In comparison Curry's is 21.2). I know it's the D-league, but that's still impressive.

vCash
    I'm tired of hearing about this guy... he just isn't very good. When will some of you guys understand that?
    49ers, Athletics, Warriors = Life!

49ers = 12-4
    Warriors = 51-31 Making it rain!
    A's = 59-36 Back to Back AL West Champs!
    WINNING!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmac8675 View Post
    I'm tired of hearing about this guy... he just isn't very good. When will some of you guys understand that?
    Not true at all

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
    "From the stomach at birth, till I'm under the earth."

#DUBSUP

vCash
    Kobe wasn't very good in his first season. Potential is something you have to take into consideration.

vCash
    No.. we have seen this guy numerous times and he has yet to show me ANYTHING to get excited about outside of being big.
    49ers, Athletics, Warriors = Life!

49ers = 12-4
    Warriors = 51-31 Making it rain!
    A's = 59-36 Back to Back AL West Champs!
    WINNING!

vCash
    He's big, athletic, and has a jump shot. Not to many power forwards have all those tools.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast