Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Gortat for Harrison Barnes?

I was just wondering what you guys thought of a possible trade of Gortat for Harrison Barnes, if salaries don't match then obviously fillers would be used.

If not that trade, then how about the Suns first round pick this season for Barnes?

I'm only asking cause seems like you guys could use a solid center since Bogut...is well Bogut. He's never going to be healthy and yall don't have much depth for a big man on the team. Especially with Lee returning from injury and all. Barnes is a very good prospect but seems like you guys already have enough young perimeter player.

My apologies in advance if either of these trade ideas are offensive...I have no idea how high or low you guys feel about Harrison Barnes.

Just wanted to get some thoughts. Thanks!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sunsfan88 View Post
    I was just wondering what you guys thought of a possible trade of Gortat for Harrison Barnes, if salaries don't match then obviously fillers would be used.

If not that trade, then how about the Suns first round pick this season for Barnes?

I'm only asking cause seems like you guys could use a solid center since Bogut...is well Bogut. He's never going to be healthy and yall don't have much depth for a big man on the team. Especially with Lee returning from injury and all. Barnes is a very good prospect but seems like you guys already have enough young perimeter player.

My apologies in advance if either of these trade ideas are offensive...I have no idea how high or low you guys feel about Harrison Barnes.

Just wanted to get some thoughts. Thanks!
    barnes upside is too much to trade him for any player who doesnt also have a fairly high ceiling. Esp since barnes is only 20 yrs old. We might over value him a bit- but hes definitely worth more than an average fan who just looks at his stats this yr. He has a legit chance to be a go to guy in the next year or two. This summer could be big for him.

In regards to Gortat. hes a good center- but it would be nice to see bogut at somewhere near 100% for atleast a few months. He is in a contract year next season- so lets hope that gives him the motivation to stay on the floor more. Its probably the last multi yr contract of his career

The trade would need more salary from us. The only players id be willing to throw in are beidrins or jefferson.... but barnes isnt going anywhere without a potential cornerstone player coming back......we over value him now, so itd be hard to get him.
    A role model if I ever knew one

vCash
    Please, kindly, go **** yourself.

vCash
    At this point, we're good with keeping Harrison Barnes. Bogut has gotten a slow start to the season but he's definitely played well as of late, and he had a good game 1 against the nuggets. Right now we're not too overly concerned with the depth of our big men; this can be addressed in the off season. Management will not give up on the idea of having Curry, Thompson, and Barnes all in their primes. I honestly think we're pretty well rounded from starters to second unit. The only thing we really lack is one more perimeter scorer/wing defender which would be remedied by the return of Brandon Rush next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Guppyfighter View Post
    Precisely.

"Next season Lee will solidify himself as a star in the playoffs, if not before. Book it." -lolPhillies 4/22/2013 3:26 PM

vCash
    Stay classy guy.

vCash
    So no Barnes even for the Suns '13 first round pick? We're currently slated to pick inside the top 4, however this draft isn't exactly booming.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninhmeister View Post
    At this point, we're good with keeping Harrison Barnes. Bogut has gotten a slow start to the season but he's definitely played well as of late, and he had a good game 1 against the nuggets. Right now we're not too overly concerned with the depth of our big men; this can be addressed in the off season. Management will not give up on the idea of having Curry, Thompson, and Barnes all in their primes. I honestly think we're pretty well rounded from starters to second unit. The only thing we really lack is one more perimeter scorer/wing defender which would be remedied by the return of Brandon Rush next year.
    Wing defense is fine.

Opponents get to the rim the fourth fewest against us and have the fifth worst jump shooting percentage.

vCash
    Don't mind Guppy, he just says things to piss people off because he finds it amusing.

And as far as Barnes, I'd like to see what he is made of before letting him go. He's not worth just a lottery pick.

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
    "From the stomach at birth, till I'm under the earth."

#DUBSUP

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sunsfan88 View Post
    So no Barnes even for the Suns '13 first round pick? We're currently slated to pick inside the top 4, however this draft isn't exactly booming.
    Barnes could have been a top 3 pick had he left a year earlier...sooooo no thank you...he fits our need. He's too young to give up for Gortat...this is just stupid

"Next season Lee will solidify himself as a star in the playoffs, if not before. Book it." -lolPhillies 4/22/2013 3:26 PM

vCash
    I'm sorry but I laugh every single time I see that David Lee picture...lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MackShock View Post
    Don't mind Guppy, he just says things to piss people off because he finds it amusing.

And as far as Barnes, I'd like to see what he is made of before letting him go. He's not worth just a lottery pick.
    I said it because he thought we would find this offensive. So I obliged that thought process lol

vCash

vCash
    I said it because he thought we would find this offensive. So I obliged that thought process lol
    You're clearly not offended. So stop acting like you are.

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
    "From the stomach at birth, till I'm under the earth."

#DUBSUP

vCash
    Suck on Guppy's Puppies.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast